Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy Tuesday!
    Below zero wind chills later today and tomorrow AM. Likely no walk in the am. Got one in today, but it was chilly. Bundled up like a snowman!
    Good day yesterday with my food choices. We had a holiday social with lots of cookies and candy but also pretzels fruit and veggies. So i kept my sweet tooth at bay. I did cheat and had some pita chips and cheese dip last night at home that I did not really "need" But I must say I can call yesterday day on of my next streak :)
    Have yourself a great Tuesday!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    Peep!

Busy day here——

Waves to all 👋🏻

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. We are sleeping in longer which is much appreciated.

Trainer is watching my work, so lurking may not be possible.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Everybody~

Sara - I hope that you have a good day today, trainer and all~ It's good about the sleep!

Lynn - My next streak will be starting today, and I will make sure I think of you all day tomorrow - a travel day for me. Normally I fail on travel days because there is "free" food and alcohol.
    You did really well at your social! Good for you. Keep going girl! ----and stay warm!

Waving to all of you lovelies who stop by later on~~~

Lana

253.4 today
    255.0 highest
    248.0 12/29 goal
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    good morning!
    Hello Lana and Sara.
    Free alcohol- where can I meet you????

today 190.2
    High 209
    December goal 185
    goal goal 170
  • Tilliesmommy1
    hey where is the free stuff? I am in line after Lynn.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    Dont forget me too
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    "Super" probiotics on the way. Hoping they help get everything back in line. Dr said food poisoning effects could be a few days to a few weeks. All depends on the person, their immune system, digestive tract, etc. Ugh!

Lana - thanks for sending Alejandro! i am trying to drink more to stay hydrated, but where is this free stuff youre talking about??!!
    Sara - i was drinking hot water! i also found a can of broth here at work that helped a lot. i really like your "comfort without food" motto! i will try to stick to that! are you all settled in new place now?
    Dawn - am glad you got to see and help your Gma. sorry it was rough though. <<<<hugs>>>> way to go on the Scentsy event!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    "Super" probiotics on the way. Hoping they help get everything back in line. Dr said food poisoning effects could be a few days to a few weeks. All depends on the person, their immune system, digestive tract, etc. Ugh!

Lana - thanks for sending Alejandro! i am trying to drink more to stay hydrated, but where is this free stuff youre talking about??!!
    Sara - i was drinking hot water! i also found a can of broth here at work that helped a lot. i really like your "comfort without food" motto! i will try to stick to that! are you all settled in new place now?
    Dawn - am glad you got to see and help your Gma. sorry it was rough though. <<<<hugs>>>> way to go on the Scentsy event!

Thank you so much... hoping she is better at Christmas.. mom says she is doing good..

Hope the "super" probiotics help... hugs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

My Friday but tomorrow is Mammogram and I couldnt piggy back any other apt on the day.

Amazing how much clearer things are at work when I get actual sleep. ;)

Wave to all who follow. Will try and lurk from work.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    I managed to use my water bottle today! Got my half day water consumption in. Didn’t manage whole day but it’s a start! Also serially restarting my exercise regime today. My train is cancelled but I will still commit to where I get home however late that might now be, going on the exercise bike for 15 mins and doing the 7 minute work out app. I need to get rid of this awful belly ive acquired.
  • frenchfancy2014
    Just thoughts on that good question posed about what comfort things to do that are not eating.

1. Give self a nice facial
    2. Give self a nice Moisturise hand cream or foot cream
    3. Play music
    4. Read a bit of a book
    5. Have a drink
    6. Have a foot spa
    7. Call a friend
    8. Write a thankful list for the day
    9. Write a letter
    10. Watch a positive clip on YouTube
    11. Read some of the success stories on MFP
  • brennerjlb
    great answers above Laura! I will have to try some of them!!!
    Waves to Sara (good luck with the smashogram) and Lana!
    Dawn- I too wish you a good Christmas with Gramma
    Kathryn - hope those probiotics help quickly. This is a long time already!
    Lynn
  • frenchfancy2014
    Hi Lynn
    Hope you’re well. Yes I’m so bad st comfort eating I’m trying to find other ways instead. ❤️we have to be kind to ourselves. xx
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2019
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Woohoo! TGIF wowie what a stinker of a week.

Eating breakfast after next "nap" to keep me full while I am on the road to Mammogram and yarn shopping, keep the temptation away - at least that is the plan.

I will add one more thing to Laura's list - laugh - I am finding clips on FB - comedian's skits quite distracting. Laughing full out for 10 minutes has the same effect on your heart as an hour of cardio workout. So they say. It does 0 for your thighs - sadly.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    i1f4zvavqwle.jpg
  • LanaCabana537

Happy Friday All~~

Well Lynn, I threw my streak away yesterday. I ate too much while traveling - had drinks on the plane - sweets in the airport lounge. The scale tracked everything for me.
    So today is Day One all over again. Hoping to latch onto the auspicious Friday the 13th to begin again.

Waving to Sara - I hope that your screening went well today. You are taking care of yourself by having it done. 💖

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Tracy and Tracey and Nikki and AnnLiz and Saltine and Laura and Runa and Missy and everyone who stops by this evening and weekend.

Lana

255.4 today
    255.0 highest that I'll admit to
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2019
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Ate way too much sugar last night and will try and stay away from it this weekend. Christmas party with cookies and hot chocolate ...... smart girl walked away with 2 small sandwiches for lunch/dinner tonight.

Is it me or are mammograms harder as we get older? It may be the medical group I am with, but wowie those smart.

Got through 4 boxes yesterday and place is beginning to look less like a garage/boot sale.

Question - any new vegetable you are trying and how do you prepare it?

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Sara - I don't know what it is/was about mammograms. In the distant past, they didn't seem to hurt too much. Then, in the recent past, they would smash the hell out of me so badly that I learned it helped a lot to take two Advils and a Valium beforehand. My gyno would prescribe the Valium for me, just to get me through it.

I had dense breasts, which means that the mammograms would come out looking like a blizzard, and often they would have to do additional takes, and it was awful. I would go home and bruises would appear. It sucked.
    The good old days~~

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I have not tried any new vegetables. I think I'm pretty good about eating a decent variety of them.

I like to steam and then chill either carrots or broccoli and keep them on hand in the fridge for snacking or dipping. I just don't like to eat those two raw. I can eat more, as a dipping veggie, if they are soft.

Jeez - now I think it's time for a snack!......

Lana

255.0 today
    255.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2019

☀️☀️☀️ SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY ☀️☀️☀️

Shhh! *tiptoes*

Sara is still sleeping, which is wonderful!

Lana

253.4 today
    255.0 highest
    248.0 Dec 29 goal