2019 Welcome Noobs to MFP

18910111214»

Replies

• AuntieGrandma
    AuntieGrandma Posts: 3 Member
    I am back after many years away. Need to lose almost 100 pounds! Yikes, how did that happen!! And, here I am the day before Thanksgiving. Would love to join some groups. I am female in early 50s.
  • Hello everyone! 💚

I’ve been a MFP member since 2011, starting at 315. I’ve lost weight, gained it back, repeat. More times that I can count. But I haven’t given up, and I’ve made more progress now in the last 4 months that I have in 8 years.

SW in Aug 2019: 360
    Current weight: 303!!

I’ve got about 150 more pounds to lose and I’m more determined than ever to follow through this time.
    Ever since August I am now 100% vegan, smoke free, and sober.

Feel free to send me a friend request. Let’s motivate each other! 💚
  • jessVburton
    jessVburton Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! After a few years of getting in relationship and letting myself go.... I am wanting to get back into fitness and healthy eating, but need some MFP's for motivation! So please add me 😊.
  • lohitinguva
    lohitinguva Posts: 3 Member
    Hi guys. New to MFP. Want to know how you guys calculate the macro goals based on your goals(fat loss/muscle gain etc) and body type. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)
  • Good morning, my name is Celina and I am 250ibs and need a miracle. I don’t want to loose weight to fit into some mold of expectation I want to loose weight for me...I want to have more energy and feel better, I want to gain confidence. I have tried and tried to loose weight but I am weak and have issues eating properly and exercising with my busy college/work schedule. I thought that maybe if I build a support group with others that it will help me be stronger and reach my goals. I am desperate for success. I need encouragement and people to check in with to keep me on the right path. I am not giving myself a number to reach I just want to let my body tell me what feels right for me which I know is below 200 at least. I’m sorry this is long but it feels like my last line of defense for a better, healthier me. Thank you if you read this all the way you are a strong person.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Good morning, my name is Celina and I am 250ibs and need a miracle. I don’t want to loose weight to fit into some mold of expectation I want to loose weight for me...I want to have more energy and feel better, I want to gain confidence. I have tried and tried to loose weight but I am weak and have issues eating properly and exercising with my busy college/work schedule. I thought that maybe if I build a support group with others that it will help me be stronger and reach my goals. I am desperate for success. I need encouragement and people to check in with to keep me on the right path. I am not giving myself a number to reach I just want to let my body tell me what feels right for me which I know is below 200 at least. I’m sorry this is long but it feels like my last line of defense for a better, healthier me. Thank you if you read this all the way you are a strong person.

This is a very nice group for support: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Hi guys. New to MFP. Want to know how you guys calculate the macro goals based on your goals(fat loss/muscle gain etc) and body type. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

Not that I really know what I'm doing but I went with a 45% protein 35% carbs and 20% fat when I was working out every day. This was my goal for losing fat and gaining muscle or at least toning the muscle I had. I went from 240ish to 180, and a 50"+ waistline to a 36".

I got derailed due to an accident and health issues and have fallen of the wagon. I'm now at a 40/35/25, I haven't been tracking or honoring that in anyway shape or form (Time to get back to it!). However, when I was tracking I was able to maintain at that setting.

You'll have to play around with it to see what gives you the best results, which is what I did.

Best of luck to you.

• shelldav88
    shelldav88 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Everyone!

I'm shellie 31 from the UK and I'm back here after losing 50lbs in 2013, I gained it all back during pregnancy 🙈 in 2016 and have not since lost it.

I've tried a few other methods of weight loss since but nothing that's been as successful as my previous experience with MFP.

I feel kind of crazy starting this two weeks before Christmas when temptation is all around but I figured it better to start now than go through the season not caring and ending up putting on more weight....

I'm starting tracking in the morning and aiming to hit my 10k steps per day!

Happy Friday Folks, it's great to be back

Shellie xx
  • bjones1960213
    bjones1960213 Posts: 3 Member
    I started mfp to lose the weight I have gained over the past decade. I am loosing weight a little at a time but I am happy with that. I don’t want to lose it too fast in fear of having too much lose skin. I hope to meet more people who are motivating so I can talk with and see what you are doing that works for you. I am currently going to try more Zumba. I have not done that in a long while.
  • trotterfam4
    trotterfam4 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! I am so new to my fitness pal, but I am learning! I just took a walk for the first time in months. I need to lose around 50lbs. Anyone needs a friend just let me know!
  • cheyennemruss
    cheyennemruss Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I am Cheyenne. I just started yesterday. My overall goal is to lose 71 pounds, but I am taking this journey one pound at a time. If anyone has any advice that would help me, please give away! Thanks in advance
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Hello, my name is Lily... I been on here for a while.. and i been watching youtube trying to be inspired and stuff but idk the truth is it takes me alot to be motivated thats the truth.. And just yesterday i was thinking about what someone said, think about why you started and actually I dont know bc every time I do some diet... I stop after i lose 5-10 lbs then maintain... then gain some back and lose again the same 5-10 lbs i wanna stop this cycle... and I have no idea about this counting calories thing
  • dbe2399
    dbe2399 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! This is my first day on the app! Looking to build muscle, I lost about 10 pounds of fat due to life stepping in. Just trying to turn that around with gaining muscle 😁 . I hope y’all journey is going well
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,902 MFP Staff
    Thank you to everyone who participated in 2019!!

If you'd like to participate in 2020, please see this discussion: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10777833/2020-welcome-noobs-to-mfp/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.