Macros question

So I'm counting my macros with 30 to 40 to 30 percent goal just a question, do you use the goal for macros that's there after you log your workouts? When I log in my workouts for example like cardio on treadmill it increases my protein carb and fat as well as calorie intake, confused as to which one to use

Replies

• wifeoferp
    wifeoferp Posts: 86 Member
    I used a calculator from online (you could use the one at legion athletics or IIFYM) and found what my macros should be based on what o regularly do for my workouts each week. Then i plugged those numbers in here at MFP and don’t eat back exercise calories as they are already accounted for in those calculators.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    I do basically what sijomial does, and have gram goal minimums for protein and fats (plus number of veggie/fruit servings). Once those are ticked off (with or without exercise calories), I eat whichever foods/macros appeal, sometimes including the stealth pseudo-macro, alcohol. ;)
  • aj_jalal08
    aj_jalal08 Posts: 9 Member
    Thank yiu everyone!! Ive tried using the iifym but I don't think it's accurate it give me 2352 cal goal to lose ans shed some pounds which is way too much personally
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    aj_jalal08 wrote: »
    Thank yiu everyone!! Ive tried using the iifym but I don't think it's accurate it give me 2352 cal goal to lose ans shed some pounds which is way too much personally

Are you very small and / or inactive?

2,500 cals is often thrown around as maintenance calories for a mythical average male.
    2,352 would result in a fast pace of weight loss for me as a 5'9" middle aged man.
  • aj_jalal08
    No I work out 5-6 days a weeks and I'm 5'8 and weight 158, trying to cut and lean out bc I have excess amount of fat in the lower body part, I've inserted a picture which I took yday
  • aj_jalal08
    Sorry I don't think the picture is going through but I'm built just trying to cut down to get abs