WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions! Been to the pharmacy this morning to get some laxatives but I will hold out till tomorrow and try some of the food suggestions first. Fingers crossed...

@Shexio best of luck tomorrow. Take it easy... <3<3<3

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Did really good yesterday also, I think I need to be nicer to myself, and understand that I don't have to beat myself up when I eat something I shouldn't... I normally get really mad at myself if I ate some chocolate and then I'd think oh well you messed this day up, may as well have some more.. so I'd have a little binge.... well since I decided not to be so worry about it, I've had little treats and just logged them, and managed to stay under calorie. and to not feel guilty about it.. Why is it so hard to be kind to myself when I have little blips.. I have to keep this up, because I've been doing great the past 3 days, and I feel good, and it hasn't bothered me that everyday I've had 2 chocolate covered pretzels, and a candy cane... ugh.. my motto for 2020 will be, be kind to myself...

"Grace over guilt". That is so important - remove even that "ugh"! 2 pretzels and a candycane are not anywhere close to a binge! You're doing fine, feeling fine. You're under calories - if some of those calories are sweet and yummy, that's ok. Hugs to you!!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    @micki48 steps update
    12/8: 11,266
    12/9: 18,837
    12/10: 11,415
    12/11: 13,636
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Bleh, I gave in to my cravings and had a pumpkin spice muffin at breakfast. It was delicious but now I feel bloated and gross.

Probably wasn't worth it for 400 calories. :(
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    thanks so much @micki48. Today I woke up and said to myself that I have to get the eating in better control. So I am using my spreadsheet again. The jury will be out for a few days!!

Royal icing is so delicious though, isn't it?

Way to go with your spreadsheet @Andreabroadley. Hope it's going well for you. And yes, that Royal icing is quite delicious! Luckily, I haven't had the opportunity to eat any more.
  • jugar
    I hope everyone is enjoying the full moon where you are. Here, it has been really clear and cold. I have a fun full moon spooky story from yesterday...

I got home from a grocery outing after dark. The moon rise had been spectacular on the way home - there is a long high stretch with a great view, and the moon was enormous. When I got to the bottom of our hill where I park, I had to roll out the recycling bin, and the footing was really icy. I had on my crampons, but as I was wheeling the bin, I slid a bit and grabbed the bin handle hard. For some stupid reason, my car key was in my hand, and I squeezed the panic button. The car alarm went off, about scaring me out of my boots. I got it shut off pretty quickly. About 5 seconds later, a pack of coyotes way up on the hill started yipping like crazy! It was amazing - they liked the sound of my car alarm and wanted to sing along :astonished: They yipped and howled for a few minutes and then it stopped. We hear them pretty often these days, but this time they really made me laugh. They sound like a pack of teenaged girls at a wild party. Silly critters.

I hope everyone has had a good day too. Mine started with the news that our fearless leader, Greg (aka @navydaddjtc ) has decided to move on from F2F at the end of this month. This will be a big change for the moderators, but we will continue on somehow without him! He has been one of the driving forces and the one who has brought many team members in with his fantastic recruiting messages, and he will be missed.

Some weigh-ins are overdue! Don't make me get out the Born To Nag photo!
  • micki48
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Morning team!
    I need some advice and I'm hoping someone here can shed some insight.
    I am suffering with terrible constipation (sorry TMI in the morning). I've had this problem in my previous MFP round (when losing weight successfully) but it cleared up then by adding chia seeds to my diet. This time, no luck. I'm getting cramps and bloating and quite uncomfortable.
    I'm avoiding the doctor as I know they'll suggest laxatives which I prefer to avoid if I can.
    Looking at my macros, I'm genererally slightly over carbs and slightly under fats. My fibre is consistently under goal.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks team!

@Pearl4686 I totally understand your question and problem. When I am the strictest with my diet and have my fat % where it should be, I have had the same uncomfortable problem. Often makes me wonder, is it really worth it to cut the fat and have terrible BM issues? Fat is an important part of our diet. So I would say, first be sure that you are getting your your fats in. I will often add some olive oil or even butter to my diet and log it of course. The other thing is to be sure you are drinking enough water. I have read that warm/hot water also helps as it relaxes the bowel. Finally, getting extra fiber (or all you are suppose to be getting) is important. I have used flax seed in my yogurt, eaten oatmeal, fiber bars, veggies, fruit etc. Just be sure to drink plenty of water as well. One last suggestion, is a yoga pose where you squat, I don't remember it's actual name. I hope this helps. I have been there myself and know it is just the worse. Feel better.
  • micki48
    Did really good yesterday also, I think I need to be nicer to myself, and understand that I don't have to beat myself up when I eat something I shouldn't... I normally get really mad at myself if I ate some chocolate and then I'd think oh well you messed this day up, may as well have some more.. so I'd have a little binge.... well since I decided not to be so worry about it, I've had little treats and just logged them, and managed to stay under calorie. and to not feel guilty about it.. Why is it so hard to be kind to myself when I have little blips.. I have to keep this up, because I've been doing great the past 3 days, and I feel good, and it hasn't bothered me that everyday I've had 2 chocolate covered pretzels, and a candy cane... ugh.. my motto for 2020 will be, be kind to myself...

That sounds like a great motto!! No one is perfect. If you log it, you are aware of what you are eating and that's more than half the battle. When you eat things that you "perceive" as bad, give yourself some grace. It works so much better. This is not a short term thing. It's a journey with all kinds of turns and new things to learn about healthy eating and your own body. Being super strict is amazing, but not sustainable in my opinion. I hear people talk about pizza like it's cheating. I often have it in my weekly log. My behavior change is that I usually keep it to just one slice. I find it is best, for me, to have no off limit foods. If I do, that's exactly what I want. So enjoy those 2 chocolate pretzels. That's easy to track and certainly not going to ruin your week. I know you can do this! And you have accomplished so much already, Vikki. Hurray for you!!!!!
  • micki48
    Shexio wrote: »

Weigh in: 103.8 !!! Woohooo!!!

Steps:
    12/11: 8485
    12/10: 11307

Surgery tomorrow at 7am
    Goal for this life’s chapter: no weight gain. Prove just because your foot can’t be used. It doesn’t mean you have a free pass to not workout. The rest of your body is ready to go!!!

I’m so far behind on your posts. I hope one day to catch up and read and respond. That day is not today.

@Shexio Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Hoping for a quick recovery. You know you've got this. Cut yourself some slack with the exercise for a few days if you need to. You are so committed, you will be back on this as soon as you are 100%. Let us know how you do. Sending hugs and healing vibes your way.
  • micki48
    STEPS:
    12/8 - 12373
    12/9 - 12297
    12/10 - 16528
    12/11 - 11874

@fourathomej FANATASTIC STEPPING!!!! Way to lead us. You are doing great.
  • micki48
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    @micki48 steps update
    12/8: 11,266
    12/9: 18,837
    12/10: 11,415
    12/11: 13,636

@Steph1498 FANTASTIC STEPPING! Taking over the lead. Way to go, my friend.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,341 Member
    CW 213.6 blegh but was 216 yesterday oh well
    just put away the blueberries

@pearl prunes (lots of them) really are effective! w/lots of fluids. Did the job for me after hip surgery.
  • Pearl4686
    Friday weigh in
    PW:176.1
    CW:177
    Plumbing issues :s hopefully temporarily.
  • jugar
    I gotta run out really soon to get an oil change, but here is the nagging of the day!

q2kiw8i7pbf9.jpg

LATE:
    @kx7003
    @tdrjustus3
    @fourathomej
    @evelynladams527

DUE TODAY:
    @Connie7355
    @AmyRobF
    @Pearl4686
    @Steph1498
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Weigh in
    PW 173
    CW 174.8
    Too many Christmas events. At this point I’d be very happy to just maintain for the rest of the year but so far that’s not happening. 😡
  • Pearl4686
  • jugar
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Weigh in
    PW 173
    CW 174.8
    Too many Christmas events. At this point I’d be very happy to just maintain for the rest of the year but so far that’s not happening. 😡

It's pretty normal for this time of the year! Don't worry - the next couple of months after the new year will be "back on track" time for lots of us. Enjoy!
  • jugar
    Pearl4686 wrote: »

sorry!!! I pasted my list too quickly.
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    PW 209
    CW 208.5

.5 pound loss, better than nothing!!
  • jugar
    AmyRobF wrote: »
    PW 209
    CW 208.5

.5 pound loss, better than nothing!!
    It certainly is! Good job! and how are the firefighters - people wanna know!
This discussion has been closed.