Well, here I am, Girls!

I used the line some smartaleck laid on me in my high school yearbook. Never did find out who did that. At the time it really P'd my O --- now I'm 85 and I'm kinda proud of it --- and NOBODY can P my O! After all, how many other juniors went steady with the Head Majorette?
ANYway, I've been piddling around on this site for several years, and now, finally, I'm serious about it, and I've shed enough avourdupois to now be getting close to the "magic 250." I call it that because NObody in this part of the world will allow me to go skydiving UNTIL I'm at least ONE OUNCE below 250 --- and skydiving is NUMERO UNO on my "Bucket List."
FYI --- if you care --- I am a retired English teacher/elementary school principal. I retired in 1995 after 35 years of teaching in public schools and junior college. Before THAT, I retired from teaching in the Air Force (I was a TI at Lackland AFB) after an exciting career of exactly three years, nine months, twenty-eight days and thirteen hours. My wife of 63 years passed away over a year ago now, leaving me in the care of our "Baby Dotter," who takes good care of Daddy. Only problem is that Daddy "ain't dead yet" and still does a lot of thinking about....um.....well, you know --- if you "ain't dead yet," either.
ANYwho....I like to work on computers, I like to write (I have published five books on my own....none is a best-seller --- yet!; and I like to talk with intelligent people. IF, however, you are a Screaming Liberal, let's just stay away from each other, as I KNOW you won't like me!

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Lol Your intro made me laugh, thanks for that. :) Nice to 'meet' you and I wish you the very best with your goals!! Ahhh the ole bucket list. I retired in May and am mentally forming my own. But sky-diving ain't one of 'em! Visiting Iceland was top on my list so now I have to physically write out a list just so I can cross 1 item off. :) Being healthy is also one which I'm constantly working on. :/ That's been a lifelong journey, ups and downs every single year it seems. But without all the added stress of my former job(childcare provider)it seems to be a whole lot easier for me now.
    So what else is on that bucket list of yours?

I'm sorry about your wife. :( But it sounds like you have loving family to watch over you and that makes you a very lucky man. Many people don't have that. :(
    Welcome and good luck!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    😂 Love your attitude! 67 and definitely not a liberal!