WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member
    Did an advanced Strength DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Kelly Coffee Meyer Shape Up DVD.

Have the Green Room today. In a few I need to go to Aldi especially to get the cheese for Monday and also to get some eggs. Then to PetSmart to get some Fancy Feast. Last time my coupons expired before we could use them. We’re going to use the FF anyway, why not get them when you can use a coupon. Then want to stop at AC Moore (they sold to Michaels but I want to see if they have a cookie cutter that I need), then if I have time will run to Target. Update: only made it to Aldi and PetSmart. Will go to Target another day

KJ – would you please repost your recipe for the fudge. After Barbara’s fantastic review of it, I’d like to give it a try. I, also, just can’t seem to make good fudge. Barbara – does it have the consistency (like can you leave it unrefrigerated?) of fudge like you buy in a store? I see, thanks so much for posting the link.

Barbara – the litter box cane doesn’t sound appetizing to you? It’s just cake and tootsie rolls. It’s more the presentation than anything else.

Had the Christmas cards written out. Don’t ask me to explain it, but wrapping for some reason I procrastinate of…sigh. Wish I could get Vince to move it and just let me know what presents we’re getting so I can get them for him. He hasn’t even sent me his list yet. Maybe the reason I procrastinate wrapping is because I want to have everything. Why I don’t wrap a little at a time I don’t know.

SuziQ – we’re not even calling Denise or anything. Actually, I’m trying to get gifts that if she doesn’t come I can return/use myself. Like I probably would get her an Amazon gift card, but if she doesn’t come, we can use it. Not sure what the third present for her would be. I really don’t want to get her a gift certificate to a restaurant. See, we don’t go out very much, she goes out all the time. I was going to get her a gc to Ruby Tuesday since she goes there lots, but we don’t so I’m hesitant to get one. Maybe what I should do is get a cookie jar and put money in it. So if she doesn’t show…more $$ for us.

After the Green Room we put out more decorations. I microwaved some tea and was it ever hot. I really burned my mouth. But in some ways, that’s good. I don’t want to eat. Maybe I should make the cookies…lol

Carol – congrats on the raise!

Breaded the catfish, now have it in the freezer, made an angelfood/pineapple cake for Vince then ginger cookies. That’s all I’ll do tonight.

Rebecca – gorgeous wreath.

Allie – my heart goes out to you and Tom and Elena. I know how difficult this is.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    so sorry Grandmallie
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,027 Member
    Up to pg 30!

☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    stats for the day:

no gym workout today, went to work early
    another new wahoo strap

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy- 7.45min, 12.3amph, 141mhr, 1.58mi= 90c
    apple watch- 61c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.10min, 17.1amph, 134mhr, 1.47mi= 58c
    apple watch- 49c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.54min, 11.4amph, 146mhr, 3.02mi= 169c
    apple watch- 102c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.32min, 9.42min mi, 147mhr, .57mi= 75c
    apple watch- 60c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.48min, .10.44min mi, 44mi= accidentally hit the pause button
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 14.24min, 150mhr, 10.5amph, 2.52mi= 231c
    apple watch- 111c

total cal 683
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    : :'( Today I found out that one of my line dance students is going to stop coming to my class because of her husband's dementia. She is gradually cutting down the places she goes and the times she leaves him alone.

:'(<3Allie, so sorry about Chester.

:) One of the kindest things I've done for myself is cut down on the number of places I shop for groceries, pet food, drugs, personal products, and household supplies. It has allowed me so much more time to do the things i really want to do. We buy clothing only to replace something that has worn out and we do that shopping online. We don't buy gifts for birthdays or holidays.

<3 Barbie from NW WA where we're getting some much needed rain
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,329 Member

Wouldn't you have the Amazon gift card directly emailed to her? Or delivered to her house in a decorative box?

We've bought Amazon gift cards and printed them off ourselves.

Michele NC

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,804 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    : :'( Today I found out that one of my line dance students is going to stop coming to my class because of her husband's dementia. She is gradually cutting down the places she goes and the times she leaves him alone.

:'(<3Allie, so sorry about Chester.

:(:(

barbiecat wrote: »
    :) One of the kindest things I've done for myself is cut down on the number of places I shop for groceries, pet food, drugs, personal products, and household supplies. It has allowed me so much more time to do the things i really want to do. We buy clothing only to replace something that has worn out and we do that shopping online. We don't buy gifts for birthdays or holidays.

<3 Barbie from NW WA where we're getting some much needed rain

That has been one of the things I love about ordering groceries online and having them delivered ... I don't have to go out and do it!! :)

And now that there's an Amazon in Australia, I might be doing more ordering that way as well. :) Before there was an Amazon in Australia, I was still able to use Amazon Canada and Amazon USA to order gift cards to be delivered to my family in North America directly. And occasionally I had something delivered to me in Australia, but shipping was a bit prohibitive.

I don't mind shopping, if I can fit it into my lunch hour ... gives me places to walk during my lunch hour ... but I don't like shopping in the evenings and I'm not overly keen on it on the weekends.

M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: Thank you for your kind words. We’ve invited our niece and her son to have dinner here and enjoy the Christmas Ships parade in our little town. The food is ready and waiting in refrigeration. It will be fine in the refrigerator for two more days. We’ve chosen a party tray with cheeses and veggies, and will also have a tray of chilled shrimp tails. The best part is that this is easy and we’re not stressing about it. :smiley: We also have decorating to do. :ohwell:

(((Allie))) Having to make the decision to let a veterinarian help an animal out of pain and misery is a kindness, but also difficult & heart wrenching. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Barbie: My heart goes out to your line dance student who needs to care for her husband with dementia. :broken_heart:

My daughter sent me a list of books that would be welcome Christmas gifts for her whole family. It was a great thing for her to do. Now I need to go out and buy them. She’s asked me to order from a Portland book store, Powell’s Books. I want to go in in person to choose the books but DH doesn’t want to go. I dread driving in Portland on my own. I have the option of ordering them by phone and having them shipped but I love books and want to see and feel what I’m giving as gifts. Wish me the courage to woman-up and get it done.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💤😴
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My family (parents, brother & his family, me & my family) rarely spend Christmas together. The last time it happened was in 2012. And we're scattered all over the place, so these gift cards work very well. We don't even have to mail anything! :)

Despite our distance, we still all love each other. It's a comfortable sort of thing, knowing that we love, accept and support each other whatever's going on in our lives. :heart:
    M in Oz

One of the things we've done a few times is to Skype during a family gathering ... so my parents, aunt, uncle and 3 cousins live in the same general area. They get together some time around Christmas, and my brother and I have Skyped in. They set us up somewhere around the room, almost as though we were there, and we catch up on what's been going on.

I am hoping we'll be able to do something like that this year too. For one thing, I'd like to "meet" my cousin's wife ... they were married in September.

M in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    (((Allie)))
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    🌹🎄
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    hugs to you allie
  • Machka9
    Busy week!!
    • Audax National Committee meeting one evening.
    • Brain Injury Association AGM another evening.
    • Brain Injury Association Peer Group.
    • Westpac Rescue Helicopter "meeting".
    • Full bloodwork.
    • Measles vaccination.
    • Plus full-time work.

It's Friday night. I had Christmas Carols on the schedule for this evening, but decided against it. I needed to relax.

Machka in Oz