WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    :)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Hello all! Not sure what it is, but I feel like I don't have time to chat with everyone in the mornings, as usual! I am still doing my normal morning routine, but I feel rushed. Must be the season. I know my brain seems to be trying to follow multiple trains of thought; so maybe that is it.
    Barbara and SuzyQ in regards to the fudge- lol I make both versions of the fudge! It is the recipe that Barbara posted (with the sweetened condensed milk) that is super smooth. It doesn't make as much as the other recipe and the alcohol flavor is definitely more potent. The recipe with the marshmallows is still a smooth, non-grainy one; but SuzyQ I pour it out into a four sided cookie sheet! I cut it into 1x1 inch pieces and there is WAY more than enough for 10 people. I can't eat more than two pieces without feeling icky. I bet I get a good 48 pieces of fudge from it. Only serves 10?! That would be a LOT of chocolate for 10 people!
    Allie- Hugs to you dear friend! So hard doing what is best for our furbabies! Sending love to you! <3
    Kay- So good to hear from you! I feel you on the procrastination. Regardless of all of the personality tests, etc., that say I am a driven person; I really believe that I am, at heart, a procrastinator. I think in my true form, with no to-do lists, no health goals, I would be doing only the minimum to stay alive. lol I am a very lazy person at heart.
    Rori - Hugs to you as you navigate caring for your hubby. So hard! <3
    Katla- I would love to see your holiday ship parade! I wish my town could organize something like that. Most people have their boats out of the water, and winterized already.

In talking with my daughter this week about anything and everything; I have decided to get my children and my son-in-law gratitude journals for Christmas. lol They know I have kept one for a few years, now. I have seen my youngest son and my daughter (when she visits) look through it (which is allowed as I keep it in the kitchen). My older son, son-in-law, and daughter seem to focus on what is not right in their lives. I have known the boys tend to follow a "darker" view on things for a while; but it has surprised me (and bothers me) to hear my daughter complain about so much lately. My younger son isn't much of a complainer, but I think he takes a lot for granted as he is still living at home and being taken care of. They may not use it everyday, but I plan to also send them "gratitude calendars" like the one we are using, to get them started in thinking about the things that make them happy.

Anyway, gotta fly. I need to run out to my mailbox and throw a batch of Christmas cards in it and get back in and get breakfast ready for the kiddos. Love to you all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Hello lovelies.
    Yesterday was a very long day. Although I really wanted to get to work by 7:00 am it was closer to 7:30. I worked straight through until 4:30, came home, ate a little, and then logged back in and worked until 9:00 pm. Feeling quite sluggish today and will roll into the office around 8:00 am for another round. Honestly, if the Children in Distress Bike build wasn't scheduled for today I would work remote. So I have to pull up the big girl pants. :)

My eating was horrible yesterday and the scale is showing it. I ate two humongous cookies. I ended up getting a sugar rush. In the past that would have been unusual but since I have cutting way back on the sweets I guess I have become more sensitive to it. That feeling was not fun. I was slightly dizzy and felt like I was a little off balance. So today I will stick to "my" food and ignore all of those vendor baskets!

Allie - So sorry about Chester.
    Heather - I hope you have a great time with your friend. I chuckled over the "big balls". You can see where my mind goes most times.
    Rebecca - The wreath is beautiful. Did you make it?
    Katla - I hope you have a wonderful time this weekend. And, you can do the drive! Plan a nice meal for yourself when in Portland. One day I will to get to that area of the country. Personally I love road trips. And, although I am sometimes anxious prior once I get on the road I am fine.
    DrKatie - Procrastinating your procrastination study. :smile:
    Michele - When I used to exchange gifts I was like you. I wanted to wrap everything in one session.
    Lanette - When I decided to get back to healthy I considered joining WW again. But with the new owner all of our local WW facilities along with all of the little meetings shut down. And, I think it's gotten a little expensive, to tell the truth. Like you I was very happy to read about MFP, checked out the site, and am very happy with my decision to use the app.

General tech rant. Read at your own will.
    Like many I was reluctant to embrace tech and am still slowly adapting and am very cautious with apps, social media sites and saving things to the "cloud". I also make sure there are firewalls in place and do my best to keep things secure.
    But, we must all have to realize that unless we are living in the middle of no-man's land totally off the grid we are all being tracked in some shape or form. Even with locations shut off on your cell phones we are still being tracked (oh, that quick call home to see if we need coffee when we are standing the store and we are paying cash).
    All of our debit cards, cars, TVs, radios, etc. have chips and/or electronic brains. Yes, set up PWs carefully, keep personal things personal, be aware of hackers, etc..
    Once we put something online, send in email, go to the bank and pull out cash it is out in the world forever and ever. I am somewhat chuckling over many who are private yet will order and get things delivered via Amazon. You want to talk about data mining and tracking! :wink: I worked in a building where there was a company who wrote the code for pop up ads and wow talking to those folks blew my mind.
    Even MFP. Ok, so we attempt to keep things general and not give exact locations, names, etc. When we hit post our stuff is out there. There are some really strong programs that can just about pin point exactly where you are standing/sitting when we are online. And, these self-learning programs are getting smarter every day.
    Here's an a recent example of a recent experience. I work in tech and have to do a lot of general product/business research. I researched a particular product and spent a little time reading through the site. During a much needed break the next day I used my work laptop to update my diary in MFP. What popped up? An ad for what I researched the day before.
    I guess I am finally realizing I am a cautious adapter but must face the reality there is really no fighting it. I must do my due diligence and keep as much as I can private. But, I am no longer going to suffer through not upgrading and taking advantage of a much easier experience.
    I will get off of my soap box......

Well, it looks like I may be rolling in to the office around 8:30 or so. TG I have an understanding manager and work for a very decent company. Also thankful for the angels that surround me. I know through the years by being aware of their soft whispers guiding me I am where I am today because of them and their life lessons. Things could be so much more difficult and I am thankful for the life I have today. So for all of those spirits I am grateful (Day 29 - December 13).

Hugs to all and prayers to those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    We went through these 30 Days of Gratitude in November last year. Feel free to join in whenever you'd like ...

mozs13csyrr4.png

All right ... it's mid November and this will take us through to mid December ... just in time for Christmas!! :)

Day 1 - November 15 - Smell: My sense of smell is limited and my husband no longer has a sense of smell (or taste) since his accident. However, I can catch a faint scent from the roses and freesias he has grown, which are all coming into bloom.

I'm thankful that he has been able to garden and that we have so many lovely flowers and veggies growing and blooming. :)

Day 2 - November 16 - Technology: My laptop, my phone, email, facebook ... the fact that technology exists! :) It's what I do ... it's what I learn ... it's how I communicate with family and friends.

Day 3 - November 17 - Colour: Well ... I'm thankful for the bright colours on my table. Especially since this spring has been quite gloomy. They make me smile. :)

Day 4 - November 18 - Food: I'm thankful for my weekday lunches ... chicken, rice and veg. :)

Day 5 - November 19 - Sound: How applicable! I just got my laptop connected to my stereo!! I am appreciating the nice soothing music in the evenings. :)

Day 6 - November 20 - Nature: All of it! I am very thankful that there is nature ... animals and plants, water, rocks, mountains, hills, all of it. I'm glad I live in a place where I can see and experience nature. I couldn't live in the middle of a large city. My ideal would be in a small town or right on the edge of a larger one so I could be surrounded by countryside in seconds.

Day 7 - November 21 - Memory: I'm thankful for memory. I'm thankful that my husband has some of his memory - he's pretty good at past memories and procedural memories. I'm glad he didn't lose that. I'm also thankful that, with a bit of effort, I've been able to improve my memory a bit. I've discovered that if I focus and work at it, I can remember people's names at least some of the time! I've had to be my husband's memory.

Day 8 - November 22 - Book: Most grateful ... the Bible. It's been a comfort to me, especially in recent times.

Also grateful for books in general.

The last 18 months I've switched to reading "children's" books. I've also found them comforting.

Day 9 - November 23 - Place: I'm thankful for my bed!! Although I'm not there nearly as much as I'd like to be, my bed has become one of my favourite places to be. There I can lose myself in books or sleep. :heart:

That said, I need to get a new pillow. Might have to see about doing that tomorrow if possible.

Day 10 - November 24 - Taste! Well, there are only 4 of them: salt, sweet, bitter, sour, and I've written them in order of preference. :)

I am thankful I have all 4 but I wish my husband did again.

Day 11 - November 25 - Holiday: How appropriate ... one month before Christmas. :) Christmas is my favourite public holiday. I'm love the music, the decorations, the food, the Christmas Carol evenings, the lights, and the celebration of Jesus birth. I'm thankful that we have a Christmas holiday.

As for holidays in general, I enjoy any opportunity to a) take time off work, and b) travel. I'm very thankful I live and work in Australia where I get quite a decent amount of holiday time. :)

Day 12 - November 26 - Texture: Smooth. Since the measles (?) in 2016, I need to wear very smooth clothes. I've been thankful to find such things at a good price.

And the soft texture of the fur of kitties. :)

Day 13 - November 27 - Abilities: I am very thankful for my organisational skills. I don't know how I would have survived with the past 20 months without them!!

Deep breath ...

Day 14 - November 28 - Sight: What sight am I grateful for?

The sight of all the roses and other flowers in our garden. :)
    The view from our dining room window out over the water. :)
    The beach my bus goes by morning and evening ... sometimes there is sea wildlife out there. I've seen dolphins, a stingray and a whale! :)
    The mountain behind the city. :)

Psalm 121
    A song of ascents.
    1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
    2 My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

Day 15 - November 29 - Season: Summer. I'm always thankful for summer! The warmth. The long daylight hours. I come alive in summer. :) One more day till summer!

Day 16 - November 30 - My Body: I'm thankful for my brain and my legs. My brain, because it often has to be a brain for two of us now and although it fails me now and then, I'm so glad things like my memory seem to have improved. And my legs because they are what carry me around and allow me to do things like cycling and running.

Day 17 - December 1 - Knowledge: Coincidentally, my current course is Knowledge Management. :) I appreciate everything I've learned through formal education, experience, and life in general. I'm especially thankful for being at a point where I feel reasonably comfortable around computers ... but can still learn more! Even just today, I learned how to add contacts into my phone.

Day 18 - December 2 - Piece of Art: Hmmm ... I am thankful for my sister-in-law's art and gifts to us. :) She has given us paintings, wood carvings, and vases.

One of her vases ...
    wxw16qqq2dk4.png

Day 19 - December 3 - Touch: My husband's hugs! There were a few months when I thought I'd never have his hugs again. His hugs were one thing I dreamt about during those months.

Day 20 - December 4 - Who in my life am I grateful for? My parents ... who have been so supportive of me through all I've done and been through. I love them both and hope that one day, in a few years, we'll be able to live closer to them again. :heart:

Day 21 - December 5 - What song am I grateful for? This is a really difficult one. I like music of all sorts!! And what I listen to on a particular day largely depends on my mood. I'm just generally thankful for music! :)

Day 22 - December 6 - What story am I grateful for? The Christmas story is special. And the little stories that make up our lives ... "Remember when ... " :)

Day 23 - December 7 - Tradition. Hmmm ... I don't do a lot of traditions, I don't think. My birthday weekend might be a new tradition. I've been actively doing that for the 10 years I've lived in Australia. At Christmas, I probably have the most traditions and I am thankful for them for the connections ...

Day 24 - December 8 - Challenge. The biggest challenge of my 52 years of life was when my husband had a workplace accident which resulted in a severe brain injury 20 months ago. I'm struggling to be thankful for that.

Challenges I am more thankful for are all the opportunities I've had to cycle long, long, long, ultra long distances. :) I hope to be able to dabble in that again.

Day 25 - December 9 - Moments This Week. In the 7 days that has passed, I'm probably most thankful for the at-home weekend during which time I was able to finish my first assignment for my current course.

Day 26 - December 10 - Form of Expression. Writing, I think. I write much better than I speak. I'm much more comfortable sitting down and writing something rather than talking to someone. I'd really miss the ability to write.

Day 27 - December 11 - What small thing that I use daily am I thankful for? Lots of things!! But just for fun, I'll say ... my big comb! :grin:

Machka in Oz

Day 28 - December 12 - What small thing that happened today am I grateful for? Coming home at the end of a very long day, hopping into my pjs, and putting on The Lost Christmas (Trans Siberian Orchestra). And just moments before all that, walking from the bus to home with my husband and spotting the Christmas lights on our house. They were a nice welcome. :)

I'll have to take a more recent picture this weekend ... this is from 2016. This year the lights are more zig-zag.

xk3b7myar91j.png

Machka in Oz

Day 29 - December 13 - What friend/family member are you grateful for? I've mentioned my parents earlier (Day 20), so this time, I'm going to say certain friends at work. The people I work with are generally great, but there are a few that stand out ... ones who I can talk to and who understand. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Must be the season. I know my brain seems to be trying to follow multiple trains of thought; so maybe that is it.

That's how I've been feeling all week ... really scattered! I feel like I've got next to nothing done because I can't focus on something long enough. One day I found myself on about the 7th thing in about 5 minutes. I had started something, immediately became distracted and started something else, seconds later that reminded me of another thing ... I had a couple emails open and partially written, and a webpage, and I'd started jotting notes on a couple different paper documents ...

Maybe it is the season or the moon or something ...

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Review ... (Distances include cycling + walking + a bit of rowing)
    Mar-15 … 489.8 km (304.3 miles) = 38 hours 4 min
    Apr-15 … 491.94 km (305.6 miles) = 43 hours 6 min
    May-15 … 361.81 km (224.8 miles) = 35 hours 50 min
    Jun-15 … 569.53 km (353.9 miles) = 41 hours 53 min
    Jul-15 … 230.7 km (143.35 miles) = 32 hours 45 min
    Aug-15 … 211.3 km (131.3 miles) = 28 hours 8 min
    Sep-15 … 306.7 km (190.6 miles) = 35 hour 2 min
    Oct-15 … 441.82 km (274.5 miles) = 47 hours 43 min
    Nov-15 … 660.21 km (410.23 miles) = 60 hours 41 min
    Dec-15 … 499.91 km (282.8 miles) = 54 hours 56 min
    Jan-16 … 864.79 km (537.35 miles) = 65 hours 36 min
    Feb-16 … 470.53 km (292.4 miles) = 40 hours 39 min
    Mar-16 … 917.73 km (570.2 miles) = 66 hours 13 min
    Apr-16 … 417.83 km (259.6 miles) = 40 hours 23 min
    May-16 … 267.09 km (165.9 miles) = 36 hours 10 min
    Jun-16 … 552.1 km (343 miles) = 54 hours 48 min
    Jul-16 … 709 km (440.5 miles) = 60 hours 41 minutes
    Aug-16 … 775.9 km (482.1 miles) = 54 hours 52 minutes
    Sep-16 … 371.3 km (230.7 miles) = 32 hours 20 min
    Oct-16 … 649 km (403.3 miles) = 49 hours 46 min
    Nov-16 … 403 km (250.4 miles) = 52 hours 16 min
    Dec-16 … 511.05 km (317.55 miles) = 52 hours 2 min
    Jan-17 … 741.9 km (461.0 miles) = 70 hours 3 min
    Feb-17 … 600.5 km (373.1 miles) = 57 hours 30 min
    Mar-17 … 1113.2 km (691.7 miles) = 78 hours 25 min
    Apr-17 … 1181.9 km (734.4 miles) = 76 hours 45 min
    May-17 … 426.6 km (265.1 miles) = 39 hours 21 min
    Jun-17 … 575.7 km (357.7 miles) = 41 hours 53 min
    Jul-17 … 714 km (443.7 miles) = 52 hours 23 min
    Aug-17 … 475.8 km (295.6 miles) = 38 hours 41 min
    Sep-17 … 455.5 km (283 miles) = 41 hours 25 min
    Oct-17 … 647.1 km (402.1 miles) = 57 hours 19 min
    Nov-17 … 427.0 km (265.3 miles) = 50 hours 4 min
    Dec-17 … 553.5 km (343.9 miles) = 52 hours 12 min
    Jan-18 … 590.2 km (366.7 miles) = 57 hours 49 min
    Feb-18 … 826.9 km (513.8 miles) = 57 hours 35 min
    Mar-18 … 582.01 km (361.6 miles) = 50 hours 11 min
    Apr-18 … 176.23 km (109.5 miles) = 29 hours 47 min
    May -18 … 167.6 km (104.1 miles) = 29 hours 08 min
    June-18 … 349.9 km (217.4 miles) = 36 hours 58 minutes
    July-18 ... 324.2 km (201.5 miles) = 24 hours 26 minutes
    Aug-18 ... 210.1 km (130.6 miles) = 25 hours 59 minutes
    Sep-18 ... 261.7 km (162.6 miles) = 25 hours 11 minutes
    Oct-18 ... 230.8 km (143.4 miles) = 30 hours 15 minutes
    Nov-18 ... 216.8 km (134.7 miles) = 30 hours 3 minutes
    Dec-18 ... 285.2 km (177.2 miles) = 37 hours 49 minutes
    Jan-19 ... 241.6 km (150.1 miles) = 27 hours 2 minutes
    Feb-19 ... 175.5 km (109 miles) = 19 hours 8 minutes
    Mar-19 ... 170.3 km (105.8 miles) = 28 hours 21 minutes
    Apr-19 ... 160.3 km (99.6 miles) = 25 hours 4 minutes
    May-19 ... 164.0 km (101.9 miles) = 29 hours 10 minutes
    Jun-19 ... 246.2 km (153 miles) = 25 hours 40 minutes
    Jul-19 ... 217.3 km (135.0 miles) = 33 hours 45 minutes
    Aug-19 ... 162.5 km (100.9 miles) = 28 hours 4 minutes
    Sep-19 ... 136.0 km (84.5 miles) = 23 hours 10 minutes
    Oct-19 ... 196.5 km (122.1 miles) = 31 hours 27 minutes
    Nov-19 ... 155.5 km (96.6 miles) = 25 hours 01 minutes
    Goal: More than November!!

Sunday, 1 December 2019 … 0.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Monday, 2 December 2019 … 1.6 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 6 flights of stairs
    Tuesday, 3 December 2019 … 2.3 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs
    Wednesday, 4 December 2019 … 3.2 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs
    Thursday, 5 December 2019 … 6.5 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs
    Friday, 6 December 2019 … 5.5 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 10 flights of stairs
    Saturday, 7 December 2019 … 3.1 km walking + 13.6 km cycling + 2.5 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs

Sunday, 8 December 2019 … 0.0 km walking + 20.2 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 0 flights of stairs
    Monday, 9 December 2019 … 2.0 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 10 flights of stairs
    Tuesday, 10 December 2019 … 5.6 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 8 flights of stairs
    Wednesday, 11 December 2019 … 3.1 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 6 flights of stairs
    Thursday, 12 December 2019 … 3.8 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 13 flights of stairs
    Friday, 13 December 2019 … 4.7 km walking + 0.0 km cycling + 0.0 km rowing + 4 flights of stairs

2019 Monthly December
    Walking Distance (km): 41.4
    Walking Time (min): 513.5
    Cycling Distance (km): 33.8
    Cycling Time (min): 132.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Number: 69.0
    Flights Stairs Climbed Time (min): 55.2
    Rowing Distance (km): 2.5
    Rowing Time (min): 16.0
    Other Distance: 0.0
    Other Time: 0.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 77.6
    Total Distance (miles): 48.2
    Total Time (min): 716.7
    Total Time (hr): 11:56:42
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,320 Member
    edited December 2019
    It's Friday ladies!! <3

Barbara AHMOD - when this laptop started acting up yesterday, I thought the very same thing about the lengthy W7 update - how timely that our computers start acting wonky? A coincidence or conspiracy? I did the Defrag (huge since DH, who never gets on this thing, is the administrator) so crossing fingers. I'll keep backing up every day and consider this whole W7 thing a challenge, lol. And will continue to check out laptops at local stores.

Heather - at least your election is over. I would go bonkers with elections held continually (it seems). I dread next year with the massive election advertising which will be taking over the TV. Might pay the extra and go "ad free" where we can, lol. But then we'd miss out on all of those prescription drug commercials and "medic alert" items that seem to come on every ten minutes lol. :# And, I had no idea so many people used/needed catheters and that women's hygiene products were no longer "one size fits all" lol. :o What next?

Have a great lunch with your friend. Also I keep forgetting to mention how neat that your son designed his new job! That right there shows he's creative and a go-getter; no wonder the AF place is desperate to hire him. <3 Hope your DH is feeling better.

Katla
    - Powell's books is on my bucket list. I've driven past Portland many times but have never been off the freeway to see downtown. Good luck on your book-buying journey! When I do eventually make it, hope to take the train. Enjoy your Christmas ships and meal with niece and her son. Have fun catching up. :)

Allie
    - (((hugs))) It's never easy. I'm reaching for a tissue. Hope you hear something about the job.

I too miss the Dewey Decimal System. Strangely, I loved writing term papers in college because it gave me a chance to explore the "stacks" (many, many floors of books). Enjoyed thumbing through the cards in the wooden drawers, the smell of the place. Great memories.

Machka - your new stereo sounds great, and well-deserved. You and Katiebug are in high gear! Sending strength and energy.

SuziQ - Thank you for posting that rant about tech, lol. You have explained it well. Very, very invasive but it's becoming so necessary anymore. One of the reasons I pay with cash so much, or checks (not plastic) if I can, is that I feel empowered if "big brother" can't track me. My way of protesting, lol. I think Google is most intrusive - wants to take over my phone. >:) At least our TV doesn't spy on us. Yet. Dirty buggers.

Rori - crossing fingers the VA can help find a facility close by that can take your DH and home care that works out in the meantime. Dementia takes a larger toll on the caregiver than it does the patient.

Last week, I found Amazon gift cards for sale with accompanying (free) little teensy boxes at the Safeway grocery store, plus there were gas rewards for buying them. Got a few and after some other purchases, saved $.80 a gallon when I filled up at the Safeway gas station. Score! So now I have several of them stuck away, can give them as gifts or use them myself.

That's a wrap. Want to make more comments (Luci, Terri, Janetr, Amber... many of you) but running out of time so sending hugs to you and all who need them.

Make it a fabulous Friday! ;)

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA with 2" in the rain gauge in the past 24 hours. Hooray!

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    (((Allie)))
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited December 2019
    I am over at Tom's with both the boys.. Homer is sticking close to Chester.. Chester not drinking or eating... it is time.. but oh I am heartbroken..Tom has made an appointment for 5:20 tonight.. we will all be together ...this is the part that I hate about Owning an animal

💕💖💕 Chester. That's a heart-breaking decision for all animal owners. But it's needs must let them go when the time comes. (((Hugs)))
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    👋😀
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    edited December 2019
    Does anyone know if you can post a video here without having to put it up on uTube first?

If I have the file of the video on my computer, if I hit "attach file" will the video post here?

Michele in NC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    barbie I'll bet your experience as a public school teacher makes differentiating and modifying the dances very manageable for you. Hopefully the regulars don't feel held back and the newcomers don't feel overwhelmed, to me that's the true challenge of modifying/differentiating, meeting everyone's needs and helping everyone feel confident and engaged.

Quote I came across today: "Inhale confidence, exhale doubt" I'm starting to turn my attention to search for my "Word" for the new year.... can't wait to learn everyone's word. (I'm a nerd like that!)

NYKAREN
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    edited December 2019
    Heather: As you say it is what it is.

Technology!!!
    😈 Beware! Here be 🐲🐉🐲 Dragons! 😈
    I have a healthy scepticism re computers and getting caught in the world wide web!
    🕷🕸🕷
    If it seems too good to be true, it usually is!!! 😜

☘️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    klanders30 wrote: »

Quote I came across today: "Inhale confidence, exhale doubt" I'm starting to turn my attention to search for my "Word" for the new year.... can't wait to learn everyone's word. (I'm a nerd like that!)

NYKAREN

:) Great quote. I, too, am open to finding my word for 2020. Here are my words for the last few years:

2013--stretch
    2014--mindful
    2015--now
    2016--alacrity
    2017--balance
    2018--tenacity
    2019--pause

<3 Barbie
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Michele NC- who knows? With them adding new stuff they might have in updates.
    Can try y see.

Today Brunch
    Crystal light peach tea 5 cal,g Hughes bbq sauce 10 calories, low calorie chicken,
    A slice of wheat toast with mayo on it.

JRs attacking his Peanut butter pancakes.
    Averaging 150-152 every weigh in for a week so doing good there. Still researching restaurants for Daughter visit .Going to Luby’s the day we celebrate Christmas together.

Amber Tx