The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    good morning! I'm on a high right now - I weighed in this morning for a 2.3 lb loss this week and am 0.5 lb away from my goal of 100 lbs back off! I was there 2 years ago, plateaued, and slowly had 25 lbs creep back on. I've been fighting since early summer to get that 25 lbs back off, and I'm almost there! (then we start back to working on getting the next 100 off.......)

*note that when I say high, I mean emotional high, not chemical......

We'll done, congratulations 👏
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    It's been an awesome week here. Ever have one of those weeks that are just going awesome.
    My surgeon follow up was awesome. Physio good today. Made and decorated cookies and these are two parts of the gingerbread house I made that I'm kinda proud of 7ddpznzoa116.jpg
    2rqdi32jdbdx.jpg

Looks awesome and tasty!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning peeps! Happy Friday!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    MrThin13 wrote: »
    xwlavvehipb8.jpg

Ugly sweater time.
    I had to show off.
    Lmao!

Btw almost to my goal weight.
    Just 5lbs to go. (175lbs)

Omg awesome sweater!!!! So fun
    And congrats on the almost there weight loss. Did you like 175? Or is that the goal
  • ExileFromTheNorth
    ExileFromTheNorth Posts: 3,038 Member
    Happy Friday everyone
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Good morning! Everyone have a good one
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I'm working from home this morning because of the ice storm that came through tonight, though I am getting ready to venture out to the office since its now warmed up above freezing and the road crews have had time to work on the roads.

So I was sitting at my kitchen table digging for some information that I was asked for, when I hear scratching on my front window. I look over and am face to face with a squirrel! He scratches at the window a couple more times then jumps down. Apparently, he wanted me to know that the bird feeders were empty......

I wonder if he was Murphy from the Rose is Rose comic lol

When I looked out the window, there was 4 squirrels running round. I had a good laugh watching one trying to climb up the metal shepherds hook which I have 1 feeder hanging on, and seeing him slide ride back down to the ground.

A good laugh is a good way to start the morning! (especially Friday the 13th lol)
  • AliNouveau
    I'm working from home this morning because of the ice storm that came through tonight, though I am getting ready to venture out to the office since its now warmed up above freezing and the road crews have had time to work on the roads.

So I was sitting at my kitchen table digging for some information that I was asked for, when I hear scratching on my front window. I look over and am face to face with a squirrel! He scratches at the window a couple more times then jumps down. Apparently, he wanted me to know that the bird feeders were empty......

I wonder if he was Murphy from the Rose is Rose comic lol

When I looked out the window, there was 4 squirrels running round. I had a good laugh watching one trying to climb up the metal shepherds hook which I have 1 feeder hanging on, and seeing him slide ride back down to the ground.

A good laugh is a good way to start the morning! (especially Friday the 13th lol)

Pushy squirrels. One summer we had some rescue squirrels, yep this is a thing, the neighbours adopted and they terrorized us all. They were too used to being fed by humans and they chewed they're way through the window screens of us and our neighbours. Eventually they caught them and relocated them
  • BJM0970
    BJM0970 Posts: 8 Member
    49, add me please
  • KDBisme
    KDBisme Posts: 49 Member
    47, feel free to add! I'm in much better shape now than I was 20 years ago... lol
  • AliNouveau
    So it's 3 am and we're sitting in the car to keep warm as the fire department airs out our house. Our CO detectors went off and since our house was trying to kill us we took it seriously.
    Luckily the fire department says it was some embers that were still burning in the fireplace
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,123 Member
    Always take it seriously when the CO detector goes off. Get that fireplace checked out, because even if there were embers, the exhaust should have gone out the chimney.

I got to call 911 today. A person collapsed at a table next to me. Someone else responded first, but I saw what happened and went to help. The patient was non-responsive, but still breathing. The other person was trying to roust the patient by shaking his shoulder. I tried smacking his ankle. Nothing. I went downstairs where it was quieter and made the call. The dispatcher asked if the facility had an AED, and I went up to find out. They didn't, but I made another check on the patient. By this time, he had his eyes partially open and was somewhat responsive, which I reported. I told the person who was taking care of the patient that EMS was activated, and I was going back down to direct them. The team came quickly. The patient got an IV and was transported, and that's all I know.
  • AliNouveau
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Always take it seriously when the CO detector goes off. Get that fireplace checked out, because even if there were embers, the exhaust should have gone out the chimney.

I got to call 911 today. A person collapsed at a table next to me. Someone else responded first, but I saw what happened and went to help. The patient was non-responsive, but still breathing. The other person was trying to roust the patient by shaking his shoulder. I tried smacking his ankle. Nothing. I went downstairs where it was quieter and made the call. The dispatcher asked if the facility had an AED, and I went up to find out. They didn't, but I made another check on the patient. By this time, he had his eyes partially open and was somewhat responsive, which I reported. I told the person who was taking care of the patient that EMS was activated, and I was going back down to direct them. The team came quickly. The patient got an IV and was transported, and that's all I know.

Yikes scary stuff
    We had the fire department out. They checked on my boy too because he was complaining about a headache. He suffers form anxiety st the best of times and I'm sure being woken at 3 am and told get dress we have to leave the house didn't help. He's fine and still sleeping

We get our chimney cleaned every year. I read smouldering embers are one of the worst causes of carbon monoxide so from now on the flue stays open until the fire is completely out
  • DecreasingDuchess
    DecreasingDuchess Posts: 68 Member

Yikes scary stuff
    We had the fire department out. They checked on my boy too because he was complaining about a headache. He suffers form anxiety st the best of times and I'm sure being woken at 3 am and told get dress we have to leave the house didn't help. He's fine and still sleeping

We get our chimney cleaned every year. I read smouldering embers are one of the worst causes of carbon monoxide so from now on the flue stays open until the fire is completely out

@AliNouveau I know, that there's a hug button now but here's double ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) because I am so glad, that you & your family're alright! <3:flowerforyou:
  • AliNouveau

Yikes scary stuff

@AliNouveau I know, that there's a hug button now but here's double ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) because I am so glad, that you & your family're alright! <3:flowerforyou:

Awww thanks my lovely Duchess. My son kept saying how surreal the whole experience was. At least we know the furnace wasn't the culprit and he has to write an essay tomorrow and now has an unforgettable experience to write about