Accountability

Why is it so hard to find these days? Ugh. I know we should all have motivation to get the pounds lost, but some days it's hard. Some days it's nice to have a friend there for reinforcement. I can't be the only one feeling this way. 😬

Replies

• paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    I need a friend and accountability partner as well. Sending FR I will hold you accountable if you hold me accountable.
  • Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    Friend request headed your way, feel free to hold me accountable as well.
  • DiamndMnd
    DiamndMnd Posts: 59 Member
    Thanks for the responses! I hope both of you are staying on track today. 💪
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    If you'd like something a little more organized, I am part of a group here on MFP, the Fat2Fit group, that could be a great support. It's a monthly challenge. You join and are assigned to a team, and then your weekly weigh-in gets tallied with others on the team, with 5-6 teams checking to see how they did each week of the month.

We have the weekly weigh-ins (totals tallied to see which of 6 teams did the best that week), optional daily check-ins with your team, optional challenges, and lots of supportive conversation!

People sign up before the start of the month to be part of the official challenge. If you want to get put on a team and start with the conversation before the next challenge starts, that's totally an option as well.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
  • DiamndMnd
    Funny you say that. I saw someone recently mention about what you're supposed to do when you don't have the motivation to work out (or really do anything else in life). And it's discipline. Just get up and do it. Plain and simple. Though, I will say, I find it helpful to talk to people who are on similar journeys. It helps with the motivation and helps encourage to get the job done.
  • us1922291
    us1922291 Posts: 1 Member
    hey all! I am new myfitnesspal journey. I am ready to start, not because its new year, not because I am overweight but because I miss working out. I used to be in a great shape. I have two kids and I maintained my health. The third kid came with complications and now I am heavy, unhealthy and ALWAYS tired. I need to know where to start at the gym? What is my first step? Thank you!
  • DiamndMnd
    us1922291 wrote: »
    hey all! I am new myfitnesspal journey. I am ready to start, not because its new year, not because I am overweight but because I miss working out. I used to be in a great shape. I have two kids and I maintained my health. The third kid came with complications and now I am heavy, unhealthy and ALWAYS tired. I need to know where to start at the gym? What is my first step? Thank you!

Sorry to hear about the struggles you've had. Honestly, I'd say your first step is getting your diet in check. You can work out all day but if you're not putting good stuff in your body it's not going to make much of a difference. Good luck!! You can totally do it!
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Support of friends is more important than motivation IMO. You don't need to be motivated to brush your teeth every day. You do it because it needs to be done to prevent your teeth from rotting. Same with diet and fitness. Do it because it's what needs to be done if you want to have the best chance of living a long, healthy and productive life. We all struggle, especially at this time of year. I'll say that again. WE ALL STRUGGLE. It's how we deal with that struggle that sets us apart from those who give in and say "f**k it!". Good luck achieving your goals.
  • DiamndMnd
    RovP6 wrote: »
    Support of friends is more important than motivation IMO. You don't need to be motivated to brush your teeth every day. You do it because it needs to be done to prevent your teeth from rotting. Same with diet and fitness. Do it because it's what needs to be done if you want to have the best chance of living a long, healthy and productive life. We all struggle, especially at this time of year. I'll say that again. WE ALL STRUGGLE. It's how we deal with that struggle that sets us apart from those who give in and say "f**k it!". Good luck achieving your goals.

Yep. Adapt and persevere! Good luck with your goal!
  • gruiz21
    gruiz21 Posts: 10 Member
    I need an exercise accountability buddy. I can serve as one too for whatever your goal is.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,163 Member
    gruiz21 wrote: »
    I need an exercise accountability buddy. I can serve as one too for whatever your goal is.

You might want to either start a new thread or check for more recent ones. There are usually a lot of people posting for accountability partners on this particular board. Either that or check Introduce yourself. This thread is 3 and a half years old, I doubt you'll get much traction for accountability with these posters after all this time.