Fat Burning

Hi everyone, looking for some advice. I’m currently working towards burning fat and I’m prepared for this to take several months to reach my goal of being lean with a solid diet and hard work but my question is what is a good amount of weight to be losing each week?

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    It depends on how fat you are now. If you're severely overfat, you can get away with losing up to 2 - maybe 3% of your body weight per week. The leaner you are, you may want to lose 0.5-1% per week, just to minimize the rate of lean mass loss.

Fat loss is easy in theory. Just be consistent and you'll eventually hit your goal. In practice, that goal may take longer than you think, or you may be overestimating your current bf%, if you know it at all.

Start with figuring your calories, then aim for an appropriate daily protein intake (~1g/lb of lbm), then carbs and fat will fall where they may (within your calories), based on your preference. Strength training will also further reduce losing lean mass, or you could gain muscle if you're a complete beginner.

• amcd10
    amcd10 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for the info bud, much appreciated!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,552 Member
    Also remember that the fact that going faster "can be done" and isn't *detrimental* or inferior in terms of lean mass lost, doesn't make it optimal in each case.

Personally I found that what could be done more consistently and easily while reaching goals over time (so closer to 0.5 to 1%) was much more effective long term than shooting for the moon and going "all in"
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    9kjwnia17qv9.jpg