WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Michelle we earned points doing various tasks and answering bike and general trivia questions. All were tracked through an iPad. Tasks had 200 points like taking picture of team or recording video of first bike and our feelings. Trivia questions equaled 100 points. It was really a great time.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited December 2019
    Goal for January reach 140’s on weight!

Might need new pants again their getting loose.

Amber Tx

Brunch- Chicken on mayo y wheat toast . Maybe something to go with it not feeling like apples or salad so unsure 😐. Crystal light peach tea 5cal 1 glass 12oz

Dinner - unsure 😐 saw a Vegetarian meal I want to make for Hubby y me but not sure when he’ll be home. May have to save his in Tupperware. Plus this will be less dishes cook once this way.
    I cook a separate meal per family member (vegetarian,pescatarian, me can go any directions meat to vegan meals, y Octovarian ) No ones on the same page but that’s okay we all got our own health requirements too (building muscles,bone growth support y muscles, loosing fat y building or maintaining muscles , loosing fat ,loosening scar tissue, building muscles lost, y gaining mobility)

So far Hubby has given up caffeinated coffee,Alcohol (made him jealous y mood swings effected his gout to blood pressure terribly - managed to kick the habit before JRs birth) ,cigarettes (kicked one time for JRs birth), y highest calorie items. He also has been able to break the cycle of alcoholic abusive men in his family who are ladies men (Cheaters shows ears perking up) . He has never hit a Woman in his life to kicked drinking so JR can be raised without knowing such horrors hubby went through. He has learned how to love show it better (Hubby finds it hard to hug even me so hugging JR letting me hug even tho it’s uncomfortable is a huge step!) . He is grabbing healthier foods to eat versus what used to be our diets. Proud of him! He also has been mentoring our Nefew as much as possible to give him a better start as a kind man someday. JR has a relationship with my wonderful Dad y Hubby’s wonderful Mom only...Not seeking to force FIL to conform or be present)

I’ve been working on food hoarding it’s cut in half have stopped hoarding (buying) lots of soaps to shampoos to make me feel safe . Letting toothpaste run out buying 1 tube or letting hubby do it so 1 tube. Lost 45lbs healthier clothing size now. Pants are loose again needing belt so need to buy pants again.Working on a lot including understanding my body more to diets out there.

JR mobility improvements for his balance issues (talker the kid more the wobble he grew faster than his balance), exercise routine he exercises without me even, brushing teeth to sitting on potty routines. Washing hands routine half there he likes water but not always wanting soaps (getting him off baby wipes for eczema for cleaning hands is a must!) , bone growth concentration for diet to muscle building maintaining weight to increasing it for growth spurts. Can say ABC’s,1-10, count with fingers to 10, say circle draw one, loves to talk about black holes to mass science buff,y can sit work in a class workbook with help since drawing lines to why were circling hasn’t clicked yet but he can point say the numbers!

Daughter- Life experience,job experience, ability to make her own financial to life decisions,building muscles, y making her own health decisions. To flu shot or not to flu shot that is the question (family full of flu shot allergies including me,my Dad,my grandma,etc etc)

My Dad- Dementia exercises, getting put more with other older folks,diet still bad but it’s set nothing we can do I’m tweeting where I can..Crystal light sugary flavored tea y Gatorade zero (both have no sugar diabetic friendly) ,y his eye surgeries are scheduled pray they go well please.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member

SuziQ - in reading the reaction from your co-workers who felt left out and took it out on you, my initial reaction was gratitude that I worked mostly with men (engineers and road supervisors) during the last few years before I retired. :)

My second reaction was that your unit manager or supervisor needs to go out of his or her way to speak to these disgruntled employees and let them know they are valued before their anger infects others. Sounds to me like the gals were looking for a reason to be "victims", and misery loves company.

Good for you for being the adult! And great job on the bike building! B)

In the middle of minestrone making right now - I froze tomatoes, skin on, from my garden this summer. So have cooked them down and fished out the skins. Will start on the veggies soon.

Also have been looking thru Dr. Greger's NutritionFacts.org website. He's the guy who wrote "How not to Die". I like his advice.... start to add more greens, beans and plant based foods to your diet when you can, sneak them in if you have to for those of us who can tolerate higher carbs. Wendy, who used to post in this group, was a fan of his.

Wendy - you are missed. And so is Rye!

Anyhow he has a lot of videos I want to look at.

Make it a great Saturday, ladies! <3

Lanette
    Chilly and wet SW WA State

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    I broke down all the boxes and got them outside to the dumpster and got all the pieces into the little den,Trudy and I can tackle it tomorrow.. should be easy..
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Signed paperwork, went to T'ai Chi, made spiced maple pecans/roasted sweet potatoes for the potluck, abstained from alcohol, managed to keep CI < CO thanks to dancing. BUT... (and you knew there would be one ;> ) when I got to the potluck I realized I'd forgotten to both wrap and bring two ornaments for the exchange and tree. :(P Today will quickvac the kitchen and entry, call about rx, comb Tumble and take her to dog group, wrap 3 or 4 ornament/treat/gift packs and deliver, meet friends for either Purely Voice or Art Walk, limit alcohol to one glass of wine and email KJ's adult fudge recipe to 2 friends who demanded it. ;)

Oops! Left the vanilla out of KJ's recipe and the salts out of my variation. Corrected in spoiler.
    Salted Caramel Adult Fudge
    Barbara's variation:

Ingredients
    1 10 oz bag of CARAMEL (not butterscotch) chips
    1 10 oz bag of Hershey's Special Dark chips
    -these two together measure out to about 3 C
    1 cup sweetened condensed milk measured in liquid measuring cup.
    -measure in a liquid measuring cup, approx 2 TBS less than full can.
    -be sure its sweetened condensed milk, like Eagle brand.
    1/8 tsp salt
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/4 cup Caramel Vodka
    -Thanks Carol!
    big salt crystals like for rimming Margareta glasses

How to:
    Line an 8 by 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
    In a double boiler over low heat, melt the two kinds of chips with the sweetened condensed milk until the chips just lose their shape. Take off heat, sprinkle on the 1/8 tsp salt, stir in the vanilla then the vodka. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. When partially set (after 1 hour?) dot the top with big salt crystals. Let set completely at room temperature at least four up to eight hours. Refrigerate for 1 hour before slicing.
    Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks. -if it would last that long ;)

Base recipe, courtesy of KJ, the possible variations are endless!
    KJ uses “...a semi sweet chocolate chip with the Jack; but some times I make a dark chocolate chip recipe with a cherry whiskey. The cherry is my favorite. Remember to keep it away from kids, as the alcohol is NOT cooked out of it.”

Ingredients
    3 1/2 cups chocolate chips -KJ has also used milk chocolate
    1 cup sweetened condensed milk measured in liquid measuring cup. See note.
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/4 cup Jack Daniel's whiskey

Instructions
    Line an 8 by 8 inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
    In a large bowl melt the chocolate chips in the microwave according to package instructions.
    Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and let set completely (about four to eight hours). Refrigerate for 1 hour before slicing.
    Store in an airtight container for two weeks.

Recipe Notes
    Make sure you measure this out. A can from the grocery store is 14 oz and more than you need. Also make sure you are buying sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk as they are on the shelf next to each other and that is an easy mistake to make.
    Will catch up later, time to get moving!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for December: get up and go outside EVERY day!
    daily: steps=7155 that's better! vits=10.5 log=13 CI<CO=10 CI<250<CO=3 Tumble 5/10=6 mfp=13 AF=9 outside=5
    wkly: BBBorTC x2=5, rx=2 dance=2 pack walk=1.1
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= dog group email lilst= sew= play=
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,311 Member
    katla - but you knew from the get-go that you wouldn't be seeing your kids. Denise told us she'd be here so I made preparations, then less than 2 weeks before Christmas, she informs us that she's not coming. That's what hurt so much. But I'm trying to look on the positive. Hopefully, everyone can come. I realize it's a Sunday and if it had been up to me, I would have had it on a Saturday. But that didn't work into Pete & Denise's schedule. Now it doesn't matter about their schedule. But the work has already been done.

Working on Christmas decorations. We only have 15 totes of extension cords but Vince said we needed more so last night he bought 7 more. Earlier today he said "I hope we have enough stakes". I'm thinking that I'll get some bailing wire for him for his stocking. We have enough for this year, but we can use some for next year.

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Go Navy beat Army!!!!💖
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited December 2019
    tx2ytghaaint.jpeg
    Go Navy!!!

Score Here 7 - 7 at the moment

Amber Tx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😁
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Terri - love the colors!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    Lisa: I could post many different variations of the colours, as they cycle through various programmes. 😂 😂 😂