Jp's omad journey

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    @mistymeadows2005 - Ha! Ha! That's little old me. That's one of the many photos that my new little friend took when we were waiting to do our scans and tests. Her Mom doesn't allow her to post any photos with her face on FB but everyone wants to know what's the latest with regards to her condition. So, Mom & daughter agreed to use this face app. She is one strong girl, I tell you. I hope and I pray that she will be able to beat her cancer.
  • jadepearl
    @Brendalea69 - Peanutbutter balls? That's sounds delicious <3
  • jadepearl
    Y2W22
    SW:67kg (BMI - 26.8)
    CW:53kg (BMI - 21.2)
    GW:50kg

Good afternoon OMADers <3

The Doctors have informed me that so far, I am A-OK and I do not need to go for an operation:+1: However, if I continue to faint, can't breathe, can't swallow, etc, etc, etc, then I will have to come back and they will do further scans and tests.

Secondly, I was weighed at the hospital and its 53kg with my clothes and jacket on. I actually asked this Doctor if I should loose more weight or I should maintain and he said that if he's my family doctor, he will ask me to go into maintenance now. However, he said he knows my family Doctor and he said he is a health freak (in a joking manner). Oh well, I will just take it slow. Seriously, I am quite comfortable in a Size 8 pants and a Size 6 tops. Furthermore, I have more serious matters on my plate. I think I will just talk to my family Doctor and see how it goes. As for Mom, she is avoiding me right now after she found out that I might have thyroid cancer. Oh well... am happy that our family of 4 are going to QLD for a holiday during Christmas season :)

If I do go into maintenance, I will still OMAD as its a part of my lifestyle now. Furthermore, I know that once I go back to my old ways, before you know it, I will get back up to 67kg in no time :lol:

Hope that you guys are having a great weekend <3
  • jadepearl
    edited December 2019
    Did some shopping today after attending DD's end of the year school Mass. 🛍️😊 I love to shop in Cotton On but will only go there when there's a discount. I know that they have some shops in US but am not sure if you guys have it at your place. I can fit into their size 6 for tops and dresses. As for pants and jeans, I prefer size 8 as I feel more comfy in it. I did try size 6 pants but I feel that my muffin top is just too horrible. However, the sales girl said that I should get the size 6 as I look slimmer. In the end, I just got the size 8 for the jeans and size 6 for the dresses. I got 20% discount👍

This is the cotton on size chart as Aus sizes are different from US sizes:

kzsdava1kwhy.jpg

Here's a photo my DH took before we went for the mass. He said that I should not loose weight anymore... too boney.🙄 As promised to DH, I will mask myself as he does not want my face to be online. There is no point arguing with him on this. My apologies😔😒

slab2ixvr690.jpg

What are your opinions please?

Thank you and have a wonderful Sunday ❤️

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I think you look great and agree with DH.
  • jadepearl
    edited December 2019
    My cousin emailed me this photo and I think it's very true. When you see the model in China, the lady is very very thin. From this photo, Italians thinks that way too. I think most Asians think the same way. Mom has been here for more than half of her life and she still has her Asian mindset🙄😒

lwai55gkcmbt.jpg
  • jadepearl
    @LadyBlanks - Thank you for your feedback ❤️ I am quite comfy at 53kg but somehow everyone in my family plus my Doctor thinks 50kg will be ideal.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    You look great! And a US size 2/4..... you are super teeny tiny!! :) Just keep working out and it will help to shape your body more... at least that's what I've heard ;) lol
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Y2W22
    SW:67kg (BMI - 26.8)
    CW:53kg (BMI - 21.2)
    GW:50kg

Good afternoon OMADers <3

The Doctors have informed me that so far, I am A-OK and I do not need to go for an operation:+1: However, if I continue to faint, can't breathe, can't swallow, etc, etc, etc, then I will have to come back and they will do further scans and tests.

Secondly, I was weighed at the hospital and its 53kg with my clothes and jacket on. I actually asked this Doctor if I should loose more weight or I should maintain and he said that if he's my family doctor, he will ask me to go into maintenance now. However, he said he knows my family Doctor and he said he is a health freak (in a joking manner). Oh well, I will just take it slow. Seriously, I am quite comfortable in a Size 8 pants and a Size 6 tops. Furthermore, I have more serious matters on my plate. I think I will just talk to my family Doctor and see how it goes. As for Mom, she is avoiding me right now after she found out that I might have thyroid cancer. Oh well... am happy that our family of 4 are going to QLD for a holiday during Christmas season :)

If I do go into maintenance, I will still OMAD as its a part of my lifestyle now. Furthermore, I know that once I go back to my old ways, before you know it, I will get back up to 67kg in no time :lol:

Hope that you guys are having a great weekend <3

That's great! Oh, and peanut butter balls are awesome!
  • jadepearl
    @LiLee2018 - Thank you ❤️ I think you are riggt😉. If I start toning up, may be I will look slimmer🤞🤞🤞
  • jadepearl
    @arguablysamson - Thank you ❤️ Should really google the recipe and try it out. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family🎄👪
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I really think you look amazing at your size and you should stay there, you are super tiny and if I were you I would not want to lose more weight---you are perfect!

Glad your results so far health wise are good!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    SUPER glad nothing crazy happened w your Thyroid - the chances are VERY slim - my Mom ended up being one of the 0.3% that ends up being cancer, but she had radioactive iodine and has been thyroid cancer free for years :) So even if it ends up being worse, rest assured the treatment is much easier than most and very effective :)

I DEFINITELY agree with your thyroid doc, husband, and others here - a 2/4 is TINYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I'm in like an 8/10 and happy happy :) granted I'm much taller than you, but if I was a size 4, Cedric would have me institutionalized :D SERIOUSLY BABE, you look FABULOUS!!! Honestly I think you WOULD look boney if you lost another 5-10 pounds off that tiny lil frame.
  • jadepearl
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you ❤️ I have some good news... am in maintenance stage now😊
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you ❤️ Yes, my Doctor told me that thyroid cancer has 95% survival rate. He was explaining the stages and thankfully I am still A-OK (Stage 0). He explained with lots of medical terms - tumor (T), nodes(N), metastasis (M) and then it goes on to Any T, Any N and M0, etc etc, etc. So, after his long explanation, I just ask if I am OK, if I am critical, etc. He said I am OK and they will monitor every 6-8 months. He also said that I should maintain my weight and no more dieting 😅😅😅

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yay yay for you that is awesome!!! Welcome to maintenance ---I always thought you were super tiny :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Yay for maintenance! :) That's great that there isn't any worry right now about your thyroid and hopefully there won't be in the future.
    Are you going to be put on medication for it?
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    That is wonderful news!! and welcome to maintenance. Do you have a maintenance plan and maintenance range.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    YASSSSSSSSSSS I had a feeling you were pretty close to as low as you should go - I really think that's why you've been having such a tough time losing anymore - your body doesn't wanna let it go because you need it :)

Welcome! Maintenance is fun :-D
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Congratulations you are perfect just as you are.