The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    @IWillTakeBackMyLife So happy to see your post.
    Youve got a lot of good going on. So happy for you.
    Therapy never worked for me. Just my experience. Quitting drinking was the first step to turning my life around and things just got better from there.
    Thank you for coming on and letting us know your alright. ❤
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @Yellowstone1983 Glad you're back at it. Congrats on Day 8. :)

Hi to All <3
  • lorrainequiche59
    Just saw an article "This Is What Happens When You Drink a Glass of Wine Every Night" Interestingly any of the "health" benefits were preceded by the word "might." The article set up the potential "benefits" by saying, "This is one of those, maybe it helps - maybe it doesn't conundrums health experts wrestle with. Basically, if you don't drink you probably should not start for any possible health benefits. But, if you have a glass of wine a day or less (but not more - especially if you are a woman) there may be some benefits and risks to your moderate imbibing."

And then it goes on to list what some of those "might" be.

I got thinking as I was reading through this article that when I was drinking I probably could have twisted this in my drinking mind to give me some added incentive to keep drinking even though as I read it now with a clear mind, it is definitely not encouraging drinking...and the word "moderate" means one standard drink and for wine that would be 5oz. That would have been 3 sips for me LOL

No thank you ;)
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,485 Member
    edited December 2019
    @lorrainequiche59 You are so right. I used to read articles and ignore the words like "might" or more importantly, "one serving", and think to myself, "well if one is good, six must be better!". No. Every day without wine has been so much better for me in every way imaginable.
    On another subject, for those struggling to lose weight (hand goes up), I read about the benefits of a supplement called Glucomannan, and have been taking it. I've lost 4.7 lbs in a fairly short amount of time. It's a viscous fiber which we need for lots of reasons. Here is a link if anyone is curious about it. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/glucomannan#weight-loss

Have a healthy day! - Jen
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Interesting on the supplement Jen,thanks for sharing,hope everyone has a great AF day💗
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    @IWillTakeBackMyLife Happy for you for the 10 days thats great.
    Sorry to hear about your money mix up. Will this be resolved soon I hope?
  • lorrainequiche59
    @IWillTakeBackMyLife Congrats on 10 days!! :)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Where is everyone? Dont be strangers peeps, at least a quick pop in once in awhile 💗