Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,515 Member
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days
    November tally 19AF days out of 30 days.
    New month : - )

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 03 - 3 drinks, Tuesday.
    December 04 - AF - Time to rack up a few AF days before all of the holiday festivities. Or at least try to get back to 2AF days in between drinks days.
    December 05 - AF
    December 06 - 3 drinks - I felt them more than usual, just 2 AF days, but they really hit me. Mind you, I barely eat during the day when I am running around working. I am thinking of you @Womona when you say that they are hitting you more strongly since you have cut down. Many glasses of water since the drinks, and off to bed soon.
    December 07 - AF - had the urge several times, just waited it out.
    December 8 - A bunch of drinks starting with a tree decorating at a friend's place. Tried to keep it at a half shot per drink to stay less alcohol. Kind of lost track, but they were all very small. All good. Planning on AF tomorrow. Tuesday is yet to be seen.
    December 09 - AF
    December 10 - AF - Yes, it is a Tuesday, my designated drinks day, but I am having a very busy week and have a party to go to on Friday where I might have drinks, so skipping the drinks tonight.
    December 11 - AF - Really fought that urge many times after work, but stayed AF. Trying to rack a few up before all of the holiday parties.
    December 12 - AF. Made up a pot of Mulled Wine to take to the party tomorrow night. Tasted it a few times with a fraction of a teaspoon and adjusted the sugar, but am not counting that. I really wanted to have a few glasses of it because it tasted so good, but I will have some at the party tomorrow. AF 4 days in a row for the first time @MissMay!
    December 13 - Mulled wine. So glad that I didn't give in to it Thursday night while cooking it, because it tasted amazing having sat 24 hours. Feeling a bit foggy today.

Running Tally: 8 AF day out of 13 days so far.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited December 2019
    Dawn- Way 2 Go! If feeling a bit foggy could have been a half glass too much or peri menopause. Since my sons birth I live in a permanent fog! Lol 😂 poor kid he watches me search for things to walk into rooms asking everyone “Why did I come in here?”
    Got pregnant Post Menopause so going through Peri a 2nd time it’s worse than last time!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Dawn- Way 2 Go! If feeling a bit foggy could have been a half glass too much or peri menopause. Since my sons birth I live in a permanent fog! Lol 😂 poor kid he watches me search for things to walk into rooms asking everyone “Why did I come in here?”
    Got pregnant Post Menopause so going through Peri a 2nd time it’s worse than last time!

You are going through Menopause a second time?? Menopause fully happens once you no longer produce eggs, peri leading up to it could be years. Did you do IVF to get pregnant with a donor egg?

And nope, I'm not in peri, long past all of that stuff. Day after Mulled Wine - fog.

Thanks for the thoughts.
    Have you had a chance to read page one of this forum yet? You kind of joined us a bit late. Great links, motivation, information, and ideas. I presume that you are on this "drink less" forum because you are trying to drink less alcohol.

• dawnbgethealthy

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 04 - AF - Time to rack up a few AF days before all of the holiday festivities. Or at least try to get back to 2AF days in between drinks days.
    December 05 - AF
    December 06 - 3 drinks - I felt them more than usual, just 2 AF days, but they really hit me. Mind you, I barely eat during the day when I am running around working. I am thinking of you @Womona when you say that they are hitting you more strongly since you have cut down. Many glasses of water since the drinks, and off to bed soon.
    December 8 - A bunch of drinks starting with a tree decorating at a friend's place. Tried to keep it at a half shot per drink to stay less alcohol. Kind of lost track, but they were all very small. All good. Planning on AF tomorrow. Tuesday is yet to be seen.
    December 09 - AF
    December 10 - AF - Yes, it is a Tuesday, my designated drinks day, but I am having a very busy week and have a party to go to on Friday where I might have drinks, so skipping the drinks tonight.
    December 11 - AF - Really fought that urge many times after work, but stayed AF. Trying to rack a few up before all of the holiday parties.
    December 12 - AF. Made up a pot of Mulled Wine to take to the party tomorrow night. Tasted it a few times with a fraction of a teaspoon and adjusted the sugar, but am not counting that. I really wanted to have a few glasses of it because it tasted so good, but I will have some at the party tomorrow. AF 4 days in a row for the first time @MissMay!
    December 13 - Mulled wine. So glad that I didn't give in to it Thursday night while cooking it, because it tasted amazing having sat 24 hours. Feeling a bit foggy today (the 14th).
    December 14 - AF

Running Tally: 9 AF day out of 14 days so far.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    @JRsLateInLifeMom Yes, I have definitely seen an increase in saving $$ over the past conscious years of mindful consumption.

My hubs though, still complains when we go out. Really all things he could control IF HE WANTED TO.
    *Complaining about his drink tab once he is handed it from the bartender
    *Offering to buy a friend a drink, then finding out it is more than his (gotta laugh here).
    *Getting to a happy hour right before it ends and wondering "why" all the other drinks were not in on that price.
    *Having a stocked supply at home, but because I wont drink with him, he NEEDS to be around others that will be drinking. Then complains about them after he leaves the bar or reastruant .
    Not a win-win situation.
  • MissMay
    @marcvb35 I do not know your health background but could the alcohol be interfering with medication you might be taking?The physical distress your body is going through while trying to to sleep is very concerning. Our bodies require sleep to "reboot". Your draining your power supply which is not good. Our bodies need rest! Hope you find some.
  • MissMay
    Iv not been on here for ages !

I think I'm needing to come back...my drinking hasn't been out of control the way it has before...But I'm still drinking too much. I think the only thing that actually changed was that I became much more mindful of my drinking. But iv been back to drinking basically every weekend and through the week, but during the week has only been occasional. I am posting here tonight as I was able to talk myself out of going to the shop after work im quite impressed I did that ! I may drink tomorrow but I'm going to try avoid it. But the fact I'm staying AF tonight is a win for me.

Hi @FeelinFooFoo, you know you are always a welcome face here with us. You have had some very impressive victories in the past with going AF for a long time as I recall. There are many triggers this time of year pointing towards love, joy, cheer = drinks. I know you and your significant other were doing the less drinking thing together at one time, has that go by the way side? No matter the answer we are here to give you support and encouragement.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    You paint a very good picture with words @MissMay

There is that old saying "those who can not moderate must eliminate". For booze, chocolates, french fries, cookies...
    Good for knowing yourself so well @whitpauly.
    This has not been an issue for me since I throw up if I have more than 3. So my body moderates my alcohol consumption. Yes, there are so many festive parties and events centering around booze. And those seasonal drinks like Mulled Wine lol.
    Having said that, when I do allow myself drinks days I always have 3 now.
    When I was in Dallas for 2 weeks and decided not to limit myself I had only 1 or 2 every day, never more.
    It is almost like if I am limiting myself, then I want to have my maximum on my drink days. I think that I would rather have 1 or 2 every day, but am not going to do that.

I have never experienced the level of drunken-ness of our Mohair lady. I wonder if she drank daintily when out then went home and drank more on the regular - just didn't display it in public.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    I had my youngest at 41 1/2 years old, no IVF, no drugs, nothing. He'll be 20 months this month.

15 December days, no alcohol and nothing since Thanksgiving!
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    I am on Day 8-started dry January early. Was proud of myself for not drinking this past weekend, but I am eating more sweets than usual. I am just taking it one day at a time and not worrying about drinking or not drinking in the future
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    8/15 days AF here. Seem to be drinking about every other day with a lot of events happening in December. Would like to have at least 2 AF days in a row this week! I only have one thing planned this week for after work and I’m confident I can do it.
  • MissMay
    edited December 2019
    I am on Day 8-started dry January early. Was proud of myself for not drinking this past weekend, but I am eating more sweets than usual. I am just taking it one day at a time and not worrying about drinking or not drinking in the future

One Day At A Time is perfect! Yes your body will crave sweets when cutting back. The good and bad of drinking less. Lol
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    https://www.delish.com/cooking/nutrition/g2615/low-calorie-dessert-recipes/

https://www.bhg.com/recipes/healthy/snacks/20-sweet-snacks-for-50-calories-or-less/

https://www.eatthis.com/healthy-desserts/

In case anyone’s looking for lower calories with a sweet tooth. I’m sticking to Bryers Sugarfree Fudge pops 70cal each to sugarfree pudding y Sugarfree jellos. I got to stick to Sugarfree,but if you’re not in a near diabetic to diabetic or even gestational diabetic scares then go for it with some of the non-Sugarfree ones.
  • dawnbgethealthy

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 05 - AF
    December 09 - AF
    December 13 - Mulled wine. So glad that I didn't give in to it Thursday night while cooking it, because it tasted amazing having sat 24 hours. Feeling a bit foggy today (the 14th).
    December 14 - AF
    December 15 - 3 drinks. Started with the leftover mulled wine that wouldn't fit in the vessel to take to the party (2 or 3 ounces), then kind of went "well, not going to be an AF day. That is how it goes for me. AF tomorrow for sure.

Running Tally: 9 AF day out of 15 days so far.