Less Alcohol - DECEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited December 2019
    3c9givgaiswn.jpeg
    Lol I never figured out how to open messages on here yet . Probably been sitting there this whole time. I’m going back reporting them as Mine take them down lol. Just say it out loud I’m not the bashful type obviously lol. The only way lace I know to check only shows this one it’s the welcome to MFP

We’re in the myst of planning going out to see Tourists Sites for Holiday lighting downtown making a plan to avoid alcohol hotspots for Hubby . Any ideas on that open to them. We’re traveling to the San Antonio River walk to a few other towns Santa fun spots lots of outdoor ones. Will be babies first outing to these types y first far travels to many.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hi everyone!

Had to do a little clean-up in here, so some posts were removed. But as a reminder, in this section of the forum we ask that discussions remain on-topic to allow community members to participate in the challenges easily. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10298436/welcome-to-the-myfitnesspal-challenges-category-please-read#latest

If you find yourself connecting with other participants in the challenge, we recommend adding them as a friend, messaging through PM, or creating a group where you can continue to support one another in the spirit of the challenge while discussing other topics as well.

kgeyser
    MFP Moderator

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    Kgeyser - Thankyou so much for getting back so fast! Does the person have to be added as a friend to get the PMS? I never got any before or added anyone so is that why?
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Had to do a little clean-up in here, so some posts were removed. But as a reminder, in this section of the forum we ask that discussions remain on-topic to allow community members to participate in the challenges easily. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10298436/welcome-to-the-myfitnesspal-challenges-category-please-read#latest

If you find yourself connecting with other participants in the challenge, we recommend adding them as a friend, messaging through PM, or creating a group where you can continue to support one another in the spirit of the challenge while discussing other topics as well.

kgeyser
    MFP Moderator

Thank you for the warming well worded note. We all get excited and sometimes let our thoughts out through our finger tips. Again, many thanks~
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Kgeyser - Thankyou so much for getting back so fast! Does the person have to be added as a friend to get the PMS? I never got any before or added anyone so is that why?

Or maybe you could start a thread in general on over 40 new moms trying to get in shape, raise kids and live healthier lives, could be a fun idea😍
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    WhitPauly - What a neat idea love it! Sounds very fun to boot! Theirs not very many for Moms with all issues from family members to themselves getting off alcohol to older moms most threads are young moms who bully us older ones off. I like your idea!
  • MissMay
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    drank half my normal last night. had bad dreams and woke up shaking, sweating, and in pain but i do not think it was from the dreaming.
    tonight i do not plan on buying a bottle. probably should have tapered down longer but i realize i finish the bottle or pass out. hopefully i see you all tomorrow.
    12/13 - well i made it till 7pm. then the wife found out only one day tapering before drinking again on the weekend. we went out and got a bottle to ration out. i set a less aggressive goal that shouldn't shock the body to much. slept great!
    12/14 - had my rations last night. slept good. same rations today. less tomorrow. never has a bottle lasted so long
    12/15 - epic fail.
    12/16 - new week. i know i have the willpower to food diet so today i start my alcohol diet. again.

missmay - all my life i have struggled with sleep.

Your a very strong person @marcvb35. Many in your situation would not try as hard as you are. Extra big hug for you today.🤗
  • MissMay
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I'm AF for 17 days, counting since the day after Thanksgiving. I think, sometimes, alcohol sabotages my goals. The last two months I did not stick with any of my goals. This month I've remained AF and my other big goal is to run 100 miles this month. Halfway through the month yesterday and I hit 51.9 running miles so I'm on track with that too. I am having a party with lots of alcohol at the end of February after I run this marathon, no doubt. Maybe I'll have a Leap Day Party!

Congrats on the miles you have accumilated thus far for December. Very impressive.
  • MissMay
    Bari_Tone wrote: »
    Keep posting and I will keep lurking, looking for ongoing inspiration :)

We knew you were still out there! "He see's you when your lurking!" LOL
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I'm AF for 17 days, counting since the day after Thanksgiving. I think, sometimes, alcohol sabotages my goals. The last two months I did not stick with any of my goals. This month I've remained AF and my other big goal is to run 100 miles this month. Halfway through the month yesterday and I hit 51.9 running miles so I'm on track with that too. I am having a party with lots of alcohol at the end of February after I run this marathon, no doubt. Maybe I'll have a Leap Day Party!

Congrats on the miles you have accumilated thus far for December. Very impressive.

Thank you Miss May! I fell short the last two months and I just need to stay on track this and the next month and through half of February.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days
    November tally 19AF days out of 30 days.
    New month : - )

December 01 - 3 drinks
    December 02 - AF
    December 03 - 3 drinks, Tuesday.
    December 04 - AF - Time to rack up a few AF days before all of the holiday festivities. Or at least try to get back to 2AF days in between drinks days.
    December 05 - AF
    December 06 - 3 drinks - I felt them more than usual, just 2 AF days, but they really hit me. Mind you, I barely eat during the day when I am running around working. I am thinking of you @Womona when you say that they are hitting you more strongly since you have cut down. Many glasses of water since the drinks, and off to bed soon.
    December 07 - AF - had the urge several times, just waited it out.
    December 8 - A bunch of drinks starting with a tree decorating at a friend's place. Tried to keep it at a half shot per drink to stay less alcohol. Kind of lost track, but they were all very small. All good. Planning on AF tomorrow. Tuesday is yet to be seen.
    December 09 - AF
    December 10 - AF - Yes, it is a Tuesday, my designated drinks day, but I am having a very busy week and have a party to go to on Friday where I might have drinks, so skipping the drinks tonight.
    December 11 - AF - Really fought that urge many times after work, but stayed AF. Trying to rack a few up before all of the holiday parties.
    December 12 - AF. Made up a pot of Mulled Wine to take to the party tomorrow night. Tasted it a few times with a fraction of a teaspoon and adjusted the sugar, but am not counting that. I really wanted to have a few glasses of it because it tasted so good, but I will have some at the party tomorrow. AF 4 days in a row for the first time @MissMay!
    December 13 - Mulled wine. So glad that I didn't give in to it Thursday night while cooking it, because it tasted amazing having sat 24 hours. Feeling a bit foggy today (the 14th).
    December 14 - AF
    December 15 - 3 drinks. Started with the leftover mulled wine that wouldn't fit in the vessel to take to the party (2 or 3 ounces), then kind of went "well, not going to be an AF day. That is how it goes for me. AF tomorrow for sure.
    December 16 - AF

Running Tally: 10 AF day out of 16 days so far.
  • MissMay
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days
    November tally 19AF days out of 30 days.
    New month : - )

December 16 - AF

Running Tally: 10 AF day out of 16 days so far.

@dawnbgethealthy your running numbers so far are very close to the lowest goal days your striving for this month. Only 6 away! 🇨🇦 GO CANADA 🇨🇦
  • MissMay
    Because I hear so many times from friends when speaking to them, "I am super stressed, I need a drink".
    STRESS LESS = DRINK LESS

lsjkcz6x54b5.jpg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited December 2019
    Got a game plan for the Holidays after talking it out as Husband y Wife. Will skip certain events, no New Years Celebrations,y to see the Alamo areas beautiful lights y Riverwalk Christmas tree will get our travel gear y Navy Daughter ready drive by slowly looking not leave the vehicle. He said he’s not ready yet for more so good call only he knowns his will power levels. Will see next year. Sounds like will get through another year alcohol free as a family. We already discussing our 4th of July plans he voted skip it a few more years. We discussed next year too even tho it’s not set in stone. Holidays are a stresser so 100% agree Miss May stress is a trigger big one for lots of addictions.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Also found out you can turn this thread into a group under something I discovered while researching MFP some more. Can set it on join have folks submit why they want to join or push join bam there a member. Can put threads there like this one. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/groups

Even have events so get together for ones who live close for alcohol free outings in public places.
    Who knows might become even more popular since I noticed all those groups have died off cause the leader stopped using MFP. There’s lots of people who are getting off alcohol,drinking less goals,spouses trying to support the one getting off alcohol learning how to support their efforts,y even parents getting their adult kids or younger off alcohol it’s definitely a need for many people. Just saw a news report from Hubby showed this is one of the highest googled topics.

Not finding very many older Women with babies to start a group so still searching thinking that out.
  • MissMay
    Also found out you can turn this thread into a group under something I discovered while researching MFP some more. Can set it on join have folks submit why they want to join or push join bam there a member. Can put threads there like this one. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/groups

NOTscrewing with what has always worked for us here.
    NOT turning into a group.
    Thank you though for your continued enthusiasm for The Less Alcohol Thread!

• MissMay
    edited December 2019
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    12/17 - slightly less. slept way to good. if i can resist buying a bottle on the way home, tonight will be just one night cap.

if i can resist buying a bottle on the way home, tonight will be just one night cap.
    @marcvb35 on your way home tonight, it might feel kind crowded because you will have all of us with you. Helping to deter you from buying that bottle. So glad you had a better rest.😊