Non Scale Victories

Replies

• dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    Had an awesome NSV today.

When I started going to the gym earlier this year, I couldn’t do the assisted pull up machine because I couldn’t lift myself even with the 200 lb counter balance weight setting on the machine.

Today, I was able to do it - with less than 200 lbs counter balance!! I’ve lost over 50lbs since I tried it last, and gained some muscle, and it was really great to lift over 100lbs of my own weight!! Yay!

That is amazing!!!!
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    It seemed to take forever to go down a size, I was over 20kg into my loss before I noticed clothes fitting differently. But now I'm down three sizes from where I started. Bought a new pair of trousers yesterday in a size I was wearing 12 years ago. Exciting times😁😁
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    @maiomaio71 that’s awesome!!! Congrats 🎉 Three sizes is an amazing difference, way to go!!

I was thinking something similar today - how can I lose 50 lbs and still be wearing the same size?!?! They do fit better though, but like you said, takes a while to notice a difference. Your post is inspiring!!
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    @tiffany80802017 I thought I was going to stay in the same size forever! Finally I'm seeing real changes. It's been almost 9 months...
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    michne16 wrote: »
    I took my first full week vacation in a very long time this past week. I went to Disney and Universal and I had no trouble fitting on any of the rides. I had been avoiding places like this for the longest time because of my size. It feels so good to be able to just go and do things and not have to worry about whether I can fit or if I weigh too much to do an activity. The freedom I now feel is really indescribable and I am so grateful for all the changes that I have made over the past year that made it possible.

That's Awesome!! Good for you!!
  • jlucas210
    jlucas210 Posts: 43 Member
    @tiffany80802017 I am in the same boat. Almost 50 lbs gone & still in the same size. I gain & lose very evenly, so not sure when I'll get down to the next size, but I know it will come eventually.

I went to the Dr. on Friday and (last appt with this Dr. was late May). My blood pressure was low, but not making me dizzy or anything yet. I knew it had been on the low side of normal the last 2 appts I had at different doctors, so she decided to take me off of my blood pressure medicine. I still take one med that has a side effect of lowering my blood pressure & a cholesterol med, but losing the first one is a win for me! I just have to monitor my bp a couple times a week to make sure it's staying normal, but she seemed pretty confident it would. My bloodwork will be done at my next apt in May or June, so we'll see how the cholesterol does then.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    michne16 wrote: »
    I took my first full week vacation in a very long time this past week. I went to Disney and Universal and I had no trouble fitting on any of the rides. I had been avoiding places like this for the longest time because of my size. It feels so good to be able to just go and do things and not have to worry about whether I can fit or if I weigh too much to do an activity. The freedom I now feel is really indescribable and I am so grateful for all the changes that I have made over the past year that made it possible.

My turning point was 5.5 years ago when we were at an amusement park and I asked my 5 year old if he wanted to ride a ride. He told me that it was ok since my tummy was too big to ride it. I decided right then that there would never be a thing he wanted to do that he cant because his mother is fat. I love roller coasters and not having to worry about fitting is amazing. Many people laughed when I said it was my motivation to loose the weight but they have never waited in line for 5 hours (opening to the superman ride at Six Flags) only to be told that you don't fit and would need to step out of line. Its good to see someone else have the same motivation!! So happy you were able to have a great time!
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    edited December 2019
    @jlucas210 Wow! That’s amazing to have such a big change in BP and resulting change in meds. Congrats!! Good luck on the cholesterol!!

I’m going for a routine visit on Wed and will be interested to see if my cholesterol or BP changed since losing weight. Hoping to see at least a HDL increase :) Regardless, I’m going to keep it going, and am positive next year I’ll move down a size or two :)
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    @NovusDies that's brilliant, well done it sounds like a lot of fun.
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    I hit my gym goal this month even though I was traveling and out of town for half the month. For the longest time, I did not set goals for myself. I am now setting goals and I find that it really helps to keep me on track and motivated and makes me do things that otherwise I would avoid (like get out of bed early on a weekend when its rainy and cold to go to the gym) or making myself go to a class at the gym that I know ahead of time will be very challenging when I'm not in the mood to exercise.