What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• petitchatnoir41
    petitchatnoir41 Posts: 56 Member
    Fish burgers and tater tots. . . .
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I'm glad I decided to order a whole goose for Christmas instead of serving confit goose leg. Tasted nice tonight but looked a mess. With grilled romaine, roast celeriac, squash pureed with miso, port sauce.
    vkxk3uew2bxd.jpeg

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Campanelle pasta with shrimp and broccoli in a garlic butter basil pesto sauce. Delicious!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Bow tie pasta with tuna and green olives for lunch--6 people, 1baby, 1 toddler.
  • acpgee
    Pan fried red snapper fillets with salsa verde. Oven fries from the air fryer. Sauteed sugar snaps and broccoli, both with garlic.
    vdauqzquttcu.jpeg
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    isuj9fpiwqa9.jpg

Dal using this recipe. There were a number of days this past week that I had zero desire to cook because there's just been a lot going on (some very good and all very stressful). That said, tasty food, and legumes are my favorite way to make use of my instant pot.
  • snowflake954
    Baccala' (salted dried cod, soaked in cold water for 3 days), cherry tomatoes and potatoes.
  • aokoye
    Hash browns. Had two old russet potatoes that needed to be eaten and thus.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Seasoned oven fries. Sirloin beef patties with slices of pepper jack cheese and red onion on a small hamburger bun. Satisfies my craving for a fast food burger and fries with less calories.
  • acpgee
    @snowflake, I made some bacalao on the weekend too. A few weekends ago I got a weird hostess gift from a dinner guest who spends part of the year in Spain. She gifted me quite a lot of salt cod I am not sure what to do with.

Croquettas pictured which I make into cubes because it is easier than rolling into the traditional shape. Cool the batter in the fridge in a rectangular container lined with baking paper where the mixture will be approximately 1 inch thick. Tip out cold congealed batter and cut into squares. Dip into beaten egg. If you are cooking in an oven or air fryer instead of the deep fryer it is easier to bread in greasy bread crumbs that has been mixed with a little olive oil instead of spraying finished croquettas with olive oil. I cooked a few in the air fryer and froze a few.

8230pq1peu8n.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    acpgee wrote: »
    @snowflake, I made some bacalao on the weekend too. A few weekends ago I got a weird hostess gift from a dinner guest who spends part of the year in Spain. She gifted me quite a lot of salt cod I am not sure what to do with.

Croquettas pictured which I make into cubes because it is easier than rolling into the traditional shape. Cool the batter in the fridge in a rectangular container lined with baking paper where the mixture will be approximately 1 inch thick. Tip out cold congealed batter and cut into squares. Dip into beaten egg. If you are cooking in an oven or air fryer instead of the deep fryer it is easier to bread in greasy bread crumbs that has been mixed with a little olive oil instead of spraying finished croquettas with olive oil. I cooked a few in the air fryer and froze a few.

8230pq1peu8n.jpeg

I made mine like this: Big nonstick frying pan, add EVOO and chopped onions and garlic--simmer
    Add pieces of Baccala' skin side down add white wine
    Add chopped cherry tomatoes and season with crushed rosemary and salt, if necessary--the
    cod is usually salty
    Add precooked and sliced potatoes on top
    Cover and simmer 10 min.

This was so good, and I even got compliments from my sons. I will for sure be making this again.
  • aokoye
    soq0p3b8kquu.jpg
    More curry, Thai this time. It was a "I don't know what else I want to eat this week but I need to go grocery shopping today" decision. Green beans, yam, broccoli, Chinese eggplant, green beans, and onions. That is along with Mae Ploy red curry paste, a can of coconut milk, and about a few teaspoons give or take of fish sauce.

I've learned that I am not a fan of cheapest, but very much not an Asian (or Latin American), brand of coconut milk that the closest grocery store to me sells. It was a last minute "I don't know if I have coconut milk and I forgot to get some when I was buying produce at the Korean grocery store" situation. Normally I just go with Aroy-D but oh well.
  • AriesFL
    Seafood Mac n Cheese
    sqz8q2gnggwy.jpeg
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Egg bake for breakfast- Eggs, broccoli, bacon bits, cheese. 12 pcs, take 2 with me to work for breakfast for the week. B)
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Does peeling lychees count?
  • HeatherLeAnn622
    HeatherLeAnn622 Posts: 45 Member
    Instant Pot Lentil Soup for Meatless Monday https://www.wellplated.com/instant-pot-lentil-soup/
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Seafood Mac n Cheese
    sqz8q2gnggwy.jpeg

Sounds intriguing.... What kind of seafood do you put in it?
  • AriesFL
    epangili wrote: »
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Seafood Mac n Cheese
    sqz8q2gnggwy.jpeg

Sounds intriguing.... What kind of seafood do you put in it?

Crab meat and shrimp. Has three different kinds of cheeses and I have now added fresh jalapeños in it to slice it up. If you I don’t feel like paying for crab meat. I just do a pound of shrimp.

• estherpotter1
    estherpotter1 Posts: 137 Member
    sausages with cheese in the middle Green beans and mashed potatoes.