has anyone tried the "k pop" diet challenge thing?

Options
it's all over YouTube and seems to work but was wondering if anyone on here had tried it. it's basically where you just eat 1 apple, 2 sweet potatoes, and a protein shake every day for 5 days. if you've tried it what did you think about it?

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Aren’t kpop stars miserably exploited by their record labels and producers? Like, terrible contracts, crazy control over their personal lives, nutrition, schedule...please don’t emulate that awful lifestyle.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    :laugh: No. :laugh: :noway:
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    What the hell is a KPOP? I guess I am old....thank God! :D

Hey, have you heard of the tree bark diet? eat nothing but tree bark for 5 days and lose weight! /sarcasm
  • 3v0l1s0m1283
    3v0l1s0m1283 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow guys, it was a yes or no question for a 5 day challenge. I dont really care what you all think of it if you haven't tried it lol
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    No sounds dumb but i like Kpop music👍
  • Miyoka_Tata
    Miyoka_Tata Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It is an actual diet that a few KPop stars have tried. Also, fun fact BTS is like 5th generation KPop so they aren’t the face of KPop just more well known to international fans. This diet has mostly been done by women in the KPop industry. I do not recommend it, but heeeey KPop fans!🖤😝
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I’d do the Sugar Pops Diet. I 🧡 me some Sugar Pops.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    wow guys, it was a yes or no question for a 5 day challenge. I dont really care what you all think of it if you haven't tried it lol

If you are going to go to the trouble to do any research , then I can suggest to be thorough about it for best results.

We don't have to try a diet such as you describe to have an opinion about the merits of it. There is so much information here on MFP about what to do for eating well and weight control, that if you spent some time reading the sticky posts I think you'd find out more about WHY people here are giving this idea a thumbs down.

Quick fix diet plans don't work - and if you're aren't sure about that, spend more time here browsing the forums and read all the posts from people trying this and that diet plan, and not succeeding over the long term.

good luck to you, and good fitness to us all.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options

In your original post, you said "wondering if anyone on here had tried it". You got exactly the answers to that comment. And, no, I have not tried it and won't be trying it.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    It is a 600-800 calorie plan which makes it a crash diet. I have tried my share of VLCDs so I do not need to experience this one directly to tell you it is a bad idea.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    It is a 600-800 calorie plan which makes it a crash diet. I have tried my share of VLCDs so I do not need to experience this one directly to tell you it is a bad idea.

Pinging @RelCanonical
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    It is an actual diet that a few KPop stars have tried. Also, fun fact BTS is like 5th generation KPop so they aren’t the face of KPop just more well known to international fans. This diet has mostly been done by women in the KPop industry. I do not recommend it, but heeeey KPop fans!🖤😝

BTS are fourth gen. I guess sweeping daesangs at MAMA and MMA this year doesn't count as being the face of kpop, but hey, nobody likes those awards anyway.
  • NovusDies
    edited December 2019
    Options
    If I were going to follow a celebrity diet I would be more inclined to follow Betty White not some young people who sing for their lack of supper. I assume they are young and that their celebrity is based on singing. Still seems like a cereal deal to me.
  • sugaswife14
    sugaswife14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tried several kpop idol diets now I have an eating disorder
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I tried several kpop idol diets now I have an eating disorder

Are you able to get treatment? Wishing you the best for recovery.