JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 98

Options

Replies

• PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options

12/16 155.0 (-0.6) doing Intermittent Fasting this week to help limit damage with the 3 lunches and 2 Christmas dinners planned. I'm going to keep doing IF for the next 3 weeks (any longer and I start feeling sick).

I hope you don't mind me asking what IF schedule you're doing. If it's making you feel sick, a different, less restrictive plan might be a better option. IF shouldn't make a person not feel well. It's meant to do the opposite. Just a thought.
    Just for context, I do 16:8 everyday as a sustainable dietary plan. This time around, it's been about 5 months.

Hi! thanks for your message! I've tried various plans of IF but each time after a while I get very bad gastric reflux, from what I've read some people are more prone to this than others unfortunately and I've always had issues with GERD. I find that I can do 2-3 weeks of IF I'm fine but I need a break for a month when I start feeling unwell. It's a pity because IF really works for me! Have you had this issue?

I haven't had any issues like that, no. My first thought is that logically (at least in my own logic) gastric issues would stem from what is being eaten rather than a period of fasting. If IF works for you otherwise, it might be worth looking into what you're eating that could be causing the issue at the 2-3 week mark. I imagine you have an understanding of what foods cause you issues since you've had issues with GERD. I always thought that I was sensitive to casein(a protein in dairy), but since cutting out grains (and sugar) I can handle cheese, butter, and heavy whipping cream with no issues at all.