MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Saturday Check-in (belated; still working on Sunday!)
    Calories: under; all good choices (proud of this, as I was chef for a party and spent 6 hours in the kitchen!)
    Water: on target
    Exercise: martial arts class (160 min)
    Steps (target 7500): under

Daily Goals - Saturday
    1. Meditate ✔️
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Practice ✔️
    5. Thankful ✔️ for my family, friends, and the chance to host a party!

Goals and Improvements for Sunday:
    - Stick with my food plan, measure and log everything, stay at/under calories
    - Martial arts practice
    - An outdoor walk or platform stepping after dinner
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 688 Member
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    12/15
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197.6
    Todays Weight:

Get friends! A few victories for the week despite being up a tad bit on the scale. 1. I had my yearly wellness exam this week and was dreading the scale. You know how it is, you weigh at home at one weight and then at the doctors it is 10 pounds heavier. Not this time! It was only a difference of 3 pounds and that was with heavy boot shoes and still below the 200 mark! So happy! And 2. Last night I walked around downtown Fort Worth to see the Christmas Tree and did so in heels! I could not do that last year!

@mrmcgrath this is so awesome, that Dr. scale versus home scale situation can be a bear! And heels....sigh. Makes one feel amazing. =>
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in - I missed yesterday evening!

@digger61 - congrats on the great weighin!! =>

Week recap: Been an interesting week with this new style of thought work and working toward that habit! I think I've learned I don't listen to my body and cues much, I do eat what I have planned for the most part, and usually with things on-plan even if I change my mind. I'm a very fluid person in weight loss - I like to do what works and if that stops, go to something else that does. This isn't a revelation, it's always been that way, it's just been reaffirmed.

One revelation - I thought I have more hunger on a typical basis than it seems I have had this week. Will be interesting to see if that continues or maybe this was an anomalous week....?

Prelog 3 meals? B no, L skip, D yes
    Times? B 1130, D bridge soup at 430, rest at 645
    Non-planned eating? no - I did eat part of my dinner at 430, I think that is a bridge between 2 meals meaning eating within dinner but breaking it up
    Thoughts? DISCOVERY thought: I enjoyed breakfast and was hungry but not overly so. No distractions and ate all of it, felt satisfied and great. On walk 45 min later, realized I was just a hair fullish feeling, I do not usually eat to that at any meal - where was it in the meal that may have been a better place to stop? Has this happened before and I was not aware? Oddly, my instantaneous thought when i first realized the feeling is that I felt pleasant and then it hit me that it was instead a slight overfull feeling
    Thoughts during overeats? had the above after thoughts but I am just not sure what the heck
    Mood? fabulous mood today! Great weather and an outdoor walk!
    Obstacles? twingy knee - why are you back?
    Hunger? not really a hungry day
    1% effort today? took time to enjoy breakfast without any distractions, did not have any negative feelings on a gain by the scale of .9 because it just is (my weight fluctuates quite a bit), bought tights to wear with a dress that is above my knees....another step closer to going out in it!!
    3 good things? I've kind of forgotten why I am asking this?
    Exercise? 3 mile hood walk [steps logged the next day] (steps 14Dec2019 12,638)
    Sleep? 10p-8a [log the morning after]
    Nighttime eats? eating late enough for it to not be an issue
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    steps 12/14 12,638
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Be good to yourselves and have an amazing week! :)<3

9la1vmjawer4.jpg
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    12/16
    Check In
    Todays Weight:

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macros: fat high
    Steps : 3284
    Exercise:

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Make self care a priority
    Meditate and or journal daily
    Encourage someone
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    Sunday Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (50 min)
    Steps (target 7500): over (yay! day 1 of a new streak!)

Daily Goals - Sunday
    1. Meditate ✔️
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Practice ❌ (oops! missed a day! starting a new streak)
    5. Thankful ✔️ for my mobility

Goals and Improvements for Monday:
    - Stick with my food plan, measure and log everything, stay at/under calories
    - Martial arts practice or class
    - An outdoor walk or platform stepping
    - Decluttering! I have an unexpectedly open evening and want to spend at least an hour making home a little lighter.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Today-

Cals- between yesterday and today I am 40 over so that is ok.

My other goals are half met. Yesterday aimed to do 45 mins of mobility work, I did 20.

Today wanted to do some upper body with weights, but can't find my dumbbells which is completely ridiculous. But I washed my carpet last weekend and so I put them somewhere and now I can't remember where.

Thinking about NY's goals- did I say some goals scare me or I think about easy goals? So I think sometimes I do and so maybe in the new year I need to challenge myself more. The hardest thing for me to make goals on is sweets.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @its_cleo funny about your dumbbells, I hate when I misplace something, especially as I live alone and can't blame it on anyone else! I just finished replying on the "20" thread and was thinking over the last year and where I am now. I think it's good to have a combination of easier and harder goals, that way you can achieve some you might otherwise put off then have ones to strive for. The latter can always be broken down into smaller goals so it is less intimidating.

Monday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- strength training, bike, calisthenics, dancing/aerobics
    Water- over, not as much as usual

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- I'm so proud of myself for going today! I even went in the gym and left 2 minutes in, returned a call in my car for 1 hour, then made myself go back in and do weights even though I'd spent that hour thinking of leaving. I slacked on elliptical though! But I made it and my main gym focus is weights.
    2. Exercise 30 minutes- done
    3. Decluttering- shoot, none. If I hit my "garbage can full" goal this week I'll need to spend some time doing tomorrow.
    4. Social media- stayed busy, checked in
    5. Trigger foods- this category has changed a bit for me as I'm more "triggered" by feeling hungry when I'm probably not, eating too much, then skipping my official dinner. I didn't go through this when losing weight, it's frustrating!! I'm trying not to eat dinner before working out at night because I was eating all my calories between lunch and exercising. I made it another day without overdoing it before working out. I added in dancing/aerobics then some floor exercises and squats and did those right after eating and that helped with a full feeling plus put me more in touch with how I was feeling.
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    nbbaby
    Week 3
    Monday
    PW: 219.2
    CW: 225.1

I've has a serious reaction to my meds so I've swelled everywhere. I'm not sure if that's where the gain is from. Because that's alot.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 216
    Todays Weight: 211

5lb loss courtesy of the worst flu virus I've had in decades but I'll take it
  • mrmcgrath
    Made it back to the gym yesterday after a few weeks of slacking. It sure did feel good!

12/17
    Check In
    Todays Weight:196.4

Yesterday
    Calories: over/under
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macros: way off
    Steps : 6205
    Exercise: 30 minute stationary bike

5 for 90:
    Meet step goal
    Stay hydrated
    Make self care a priority
    Meditate and or journal daily
    Encourage someone
  • raleighgirl09
    Jactop wrote: »
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 216
    Todays Weight: 211

5lb loss courtesy of the worst flu virus I've had in decades but I'll take it

@Jactop - I hear ya! Weight loss courtesy of food poisoning for me yesterday (classic symptoms) so I had a loss this morning. As well as a kick-butt abs workout. Whoa. No food plan yesterday! => Glad you are on the mend...
  • wwood008
    wwood008 Posts: 31 Member
    Username: wwood008
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Weigh in week: week 3
    Previous weight: 156.7
    Current: 155.8

I fell off the wagon a LOT over the weekend so I’m just glad I didn’t gain. Multiple Christmas parties and cookie decorating 😬
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @wwood008 Good for you! Maintaining is a nice option over the holidays.

@Jactop sorry to hear about your flu virus. Hope you are feeling better.

Tough day- over cals. All day was craving something greasy/carbs like french fries. I resisten and then realized I had nothing for dinner. So ended up with fastfood. Over cals by about 150.

With trainer today. He started to teach me how to do a clean and jerk which is a tough move with a barbell. I love this stuff so I was super excited. Unfortunately it hurts one of my wrists- my right wrist has been messed up for months. So disappointed. Sat I'm seeing a massage therapist/acupuncturist so maybe he can help.

Haven't had time to look for my own weights yet. They're here somewhere.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in
    steps @TeresaW1020 I realized I am behind: 12/14 -12,839, 12/15 - 12,178, 12/16 - 353

So. Yesterday was a monster bout of food poisoning. No eating plan, not much eating, but a really awesome abs workout. Ugh. Today I was **so much** better, which I suppose 16-17 hours of sleep within 24 hours might play a part in. Didn't much feel like eating today but it was all good. Didn't (don't?) feel much like super analyzing the food and thoughts and whatnots today, just going with the flow.

Prelog 3 meals? no
    Times? B skip, L 1130, D 7
    Non-planned eating? all on plan
    Thoughts during overeats?
    Thoughts? Had a lot of work to do today and didn't think much about food
    Mood? Happy to not be sick!
    Obstacles? getting over food poisoning the day before
    Hunger? not really
    1% effort today? logging and jpurnaling when I didn't really want to - felt like I didn't have much to say
    3 good things?
    Exercise? [steps logged the next day] none
    Sleep? [log the morning after] wowser - from 10-745 after sleeping almost all day yesterday
    Nighttime eats? n
  • raleighgirl09
    wwood008 wrote: »
    Username: wwood008
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Weigh in week: week 3
    Previous weight: 156.7
    Current: 155.8

I fell off the wagon a LOT over the weekend so I’m just glad I didn’t gain. Multiple Christmas parties and cookie decorating 😬

@wwood008- not to worry, the wagon is always there and it seems except for parties and cookie decorating, maybe you were mostly on it... => Lovely thing about that wagon, it's always in the garage, just gotta hitch that puppy up.
  • Katmary71
    @nbbaby try not to worry about it, if you're swollen it's likely the cause.

@Jactop sorry to hear you're not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon!

@mrmcgrath Nice loss! Way to go at getting back to the gym, it's a great feeling!

@wwood008 nice loss! Making cookies and parties are definitely a challenge!

@its_cleo Don't be too hard on yourself for going over, we all need to be able to enjoy foods we don't eat like we used to every once and awhile. Only 150 calories over is really good!

@raleighgirl09 so sorry to hear about the food poisoning! I'm glad you were able to get some rest.
  • Katmary71
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike, core/squats, stretching
    Water- over. I'm cutting back on stevia in tea which is fine for hot but iced is yucky!

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- going tomorrow
    2. Exercise 30 minutes- done
    3. Decluttering- none
    4. Trigger foods- not a specific one, just was real "cravy" grocery shopping but got out with just a diet Pepsi.
    5. I'm changing this to goal for tomorrow- go to gym
  • mrmcgrath
    Good Morning Friends!

12/18
    Check In
    Todays Weight:197.2

Yesterday