The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    So nice to see everyone doing well. Funny thing my husband said to me today. I told him we had to go to the liqueur store to get gifts that I know people want and he asked me if I thought I would have a relapse.
    I only drank beer and theres beer in my fridge everyday because hes never giving it up. If I was going to relapse Im pretty sure it would have happened by now. Theres always a chance.
    Anyway Im staying strong and I hope you all do as well. This is the toughest time of the year I think.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    aroze0928 wrote: »
    So nice to see everyone doing well. Funny thing my husband said to me today. I told him we had to go to the liqueur store to get gifts that I know people want and he asked me if I thought I would have a relapse.
    I only drank beer and theres beer in my fridge everyday because hes never giving it up. If I was going to relapse Im pretty sure it would have happened by now. Theres always a chance.
    Anyway Im staying strong and I hope you all do as well. This is the toughest time of the year I think.

Agreed,I thought it would be easier for some reason but no it's waaaay tougher but I'm sticking to my guns cuz I don't wanna be sick🤮 hope all are well💗
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Good Morn to ALL :)
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Ok something weird just happened as I was typing Oh well, not first or last time that weirdness will happen when I'm using any form of technology as a true Techno-tard lol

@JenT304 Congrats on your good numbers and I "wish" I only had 15-20 lbs to lose...you can do it!!

Sad too about your former workmate...My Dad died of cirrhosis at 54 yrs of age...he had a death wish and it came true for him. I read this thing the other day that stated that an alcoholic will not get help until the pain is too great...so obviously not until the point that the alcohol doesn't do the trick to dull the pain anymore. Some people never reach that point obviously and it is so sad to see those who are left behind to suffer that pain!!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Jen, way to go.......my ASGOT liver readings, what ever that means, dropped from 44 which is a bit high to 24 which is excellent...........so, congratulations, I had my physical last month and the Dr was really happy with all my lipids........it matters now, because when you get old you dont want to have regrets about how you treated your body........again, congratulations on a job well done.....

I know of a girl who died as well because she couldnt give up alcohol.........it destroyed her marriage and after her divorce she went into a tail spin and was found dead in her apt because of her falling and not seeking help. She died in her sleep after hitting her head .......really sad. I used to spend hours talking to her , but she just couldnt give it up........she even lost custody of her 2 children because of her drinking..........she lost everything.

best wishes to you all........
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    T'was the night before Christmas and all through the land, people were celebrating without a glass in hand! (Okay, I never claimed to be a good poet!)

I'm also feeling the anxiety a bit as this will be my first AF Christmas in several years. But I've almost made it an entire year being AF and I'm not about to let one stressful holiday be my downfall. Yes, I will want my holiday wine tomorrow and it will be difficult to pass by that little mini bar that my family sets up and to see others drinking, but I'm just going to sit with that feeling, acknowledge it and move past it. Because the urge to drink will pass and it helps to remind myself that I will feel so much better the next morning because my body will be free from poisons. I am healthy and well and life is about so much more than those moments of temptation.

Wishing you all a blessed and peaceful Christmas! Be good to yourselves!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Merry Christmas friends! I caught up with five posts. @donimfp I agree with you that the anxiety you get from drinking sure is exhausting. I get the shakes (tiniest of tremors) after drinking and always nausea. Yes, please check in daily. I do think that helps!