Share Your Day

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    jjlewey wrote: »
    Yesterday was a bad day. Got into an disagreement/argument with my better half that ended up with me in the Wendy's drive thru window. Then I got to work and it was our catered christmas dinner night. Nothing like a 5000 calorie day to make you feel good about yourself. I will be better today, when will I ever get over binge eating? I consider it a small victory I "only" ate about 5000 calories but still.

From one binge eater to another, I don’t have words to tell you that I know exactly how you feel...it is so devestating to eat healthy for weeks and months at a time and then realize how easily you could slip back into old habits....I will say that you do have more control the longer you successfully stick to your plan...I have had the days when I am angry or upset and I say I just don’t care when I do care so much...if you want to chat or vent or just tell me how bad you want to eat the paint chips off the walls, don’t hesitate to message me!...stay strong my friend!
  • This post and your actions are NSV’s. Eating to buffer our emotions is very common. Recognizing it, and knowing that you will figure this out no matter what is pure awesomeness!
  • tiffany80802017
    tiffany80802017 Posts: 92 Member
    edited December 2019
    @FitByFifty1970 that’s rough!! Certainly there’s a lot of positives to losing weight, but clothing is definitely a barrier!

I’m kinda in the same boat, I went to a meeting recently and just grabbed my favorite suit jacket. I didn’t put it on until right before the meeting (had a dress on). I was so embarrassed when I put it on, I was drowning in it and felt I looked really unprofessional. Ugh!!!

Same goes with my jeans, I feel like I just look sloppy, but hate spending money on clothes that isn’t necessary... especially since I plan to keep losing weight.

While it’s frustrating, I’d much rather have the weight off than having the bigger clothes just fit again :) Hope things went better for you after that :)
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    I flew back home yesterday. I may have mentioned before but candy was always my companion when flying/traveling. All day I felt like something was missing, and every time I passed a store I had the urge to go in and just get a little something. I didn't but dang, would a little bag of gummy bears really hurt??? Lol.
  • FitByFifty1970
    FitByFifty1970 Posts: 127 Member
    @papayahed I always fly with a bag of Combos. I never touch that garbage outside of flying. I had flights this past week and went ahead and ate them and enjoyed them. I wound up full and didn't eat much other than that though.
    @tiffany80802017 I feel the pain. It's like you're playing dress up. And the bigger we are as people we just look sloppy anyway since plus size is cut to weirdly. But yes, this is temporary as we work our weigh down the clothes' rack!!!!!!!!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    Today is a new day with a clean slate!...some regrets and some guilt but not enough to stop me!.....I will succeed!
  • papayahed
    I'm heading home from Christmas with the family. I did ok. The highlight was defeating my arch nemesis - Coca Cola. Coke is my dark lord. I sat next to my cousin who had a large ice cold glass of the stuff. I kept thinking about taking a sip of hers. Just one hit. Lol. But I was able to resist.
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Hello, friends.

I am happy that today has the last of our house guests returning to their home.

Let the house cleaning begin once again! Washing linens are a big deal right now.

With the exception of Christmas Eve and Day, I have been to the gym every day and feel empowered by getting out of the house and taking a break from being the hostess. When I go to the gym today it will be the signal for no more cleaning today, so that is a happy thought.

Although I kept logging each day I did not weigh daily and was happy that it didn't drive me nuts. Tomorrow I will step on the scale and see how the week registered. I am promising myself that whether the scale shows a gain, loss or maintenance, I will remember that I did my best, did not drive anyone crazy (including myself) and that I very much enjoyed my time with family and friends.
  • conniewilkins56
    This morning I went to the Farmers Market and it was so nice...it was early and not crowded...everything looked so clean and fresh...I bought a ton of vegetables and fruits....fresh green beans, ears of corn and potatoes on the stove!
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Urgh, I'm so cross with myself. I was supposed to be having a night out to the cinema to celebrate an award I received at work but my husband "claimed" a headache so we couldn't go (he has anxiety issues so it's not uncommon).
    I found some Christmas sweets in the cupboard so I ate them in temper while watching cr@p on the tv. So now I feel sick and I've probably eaten about 1000cals :s

However, we've been invited to a 60th birthday party in April so now I have a proper goal to work towards!
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Feeling pretty low today. My oldest is heading back overseas on Sunday, possibly permanently, will be back in May for a fleeting visit for Nationals then off again. He came home for the weekend and has just headed back up north... we've only seen him for a week since he came back Xmas Eve. (He's living and training in another city). So today's plan is a movie and another aqua jogging session.
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Massive binge today. So frustrated with myself!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    This is the first week I haven't had a least a little loss. Lots of stress happening so I'm sure I didn't make some of the best choices. This is a long journey and this week will be better! Still sucks to put in the same number two weeks in a row!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    gewel321 wrote: »
    This is the first week I haven't had a least a little loss. Lots of stress happening so I'm sure I didn't make some of the best choices. This is a long journey and this week will be better! Still sucks to put in the same number two weeks in a row!

I am afraid that is business as usual. It is not uncommon for me to put in the same number or even a higher number than the previous week even when I made good choices. Eventually it catches up and for 4 or 5 days it looks like I am on a miracle diet because my weight drops so fast. We often refer to that as a whoosh.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

I am afraid that is business as usual. It is not uncommon for me to put in the same number or even a higher number than the previous week even when I made good choices. Eventually it catches up and for 4 or 5 days it looks like I am on a miracle diet because my weight drops so fast. We often refer to that as a whoosh.

Well Here's to my woosh! lol I go on a cruise next week so I know that week isn't going to be great!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

Well Here's to my woosh! lol I go on a cruise next week so I know that week isn't going to be great!

Enjoy yourself and it will be great!
  • Hello everyone! I had a good day yesterday in a couple of respects, but bad in a few others. I took the day off from the gym as it was the day that I was to move furniture downstairs and clean Under and Behind everything. (We have cats. It's amazing where the fur gets.) I figured that would stand in nicely. Had to stop at ten-thirty and take my roommate to the doctor (one car) and we were there for THREE HOURS. I'd eaten breakfast this morning, but I figured that lunch might happen around 12:30 and had some trail mix in my purse in case I started to bottom out before then. We were both so hungry we were ready to cry when we left.

BUT! Went out to eat to a burger joint. I was able to order sensibly (a burger and onion rings) and know that that was enough calories to satisfy me. And I was right. I drank a bit much with it and didn't feel good for a little while. And my roommate got a large shake, and drank about a third of it, and I did not finish it for her. Not because I was flexing willpower, but because I didn't want to. I'd already eaten, I was fine. THAT is a huge victory for me.

Also, though my weight loss hasn't been big on the scale, I've slimmed down enough in thighs and hips that I fit in the armchair at the doctor's office! That's a big deal for me.
  • papayahed

BUT! Went out to eat to a burger joint. I was able to order sensibly (a burger and onion rings) and know that that was enough calories to satisfy me. And I was right. I drank a bit much with it and didn't feel good for a little while. And my roommate got a large shake, and drank about a third of it, and I did not finish it for her. Not because I was flexing willpower, but because I didn't want to. I'd already eaten, I was fine. THAT is a huge victory for me.

That's awesome! For some reason the local DoubleTree hotel, every so often drops off cookies at my work. Today the admin assistant was passing them out and I was all "No, Thank You". Bam!
  • dishiznice
    dishiznice Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2020
    In a weight loss competition with a guy at work - the goal is to see who can get to 250 first (my overall goal is 200 starting from 400 last July). Main reason for the competition is so the guy I am competing against can get to 250 so he can get his ankle replacement surgery in time to recover for his daughter's wedding in June. I started in the competition at 307 in mid November with him being 276 and have since gotten down to 274 and he is at 265 now. The bet was for $100/each so I'd like to win, but I am also hoping he beats me so he can get the surgery sooner. Wednesday's are our weigh in days, so here's to continued weight loss and healthy eating/exercise habits! Also looking for more people to share the journey here with and share tips with, so please do not hesitate to send me a friend request! I am now down 130 lbs in just under the last 7 months. Look forward to getting more active on here.