2020 Run the Year Group

shanaber
shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
Ok I am starting this off the same way @elise4270 did last year (copying her initial post 😁). If anyone has suggestions for changes to how we did it last year let us know, otherwise we will do it in a similar manner:

We shall start with:
Who wants to join?
What is your anticipated yearly milage?
Team A, B,C.... And culmulative team miles

Teams:
Each person piggy backs on the previous mileage until we reach 2020. Thats one team, "A". Next 2020 miles is "B", and so forth.

An example:
Mary pledges 500 miles
Then Kim pledges 350=850
Then Dan pledges 700= 1550
And Frank pledges *470= 2000
So that's team A.
Team A then can pick a real team name.

*If Frank wants to do 1200 miles, i suggest he can start team B or join team A. We may have to work around a bit. Or hope for some better ideas.

Of course, if you have friends you are already teaming up with the just designate that team, X,Y, Z.

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,650 Member
    I've been signed up for a while, BUT I will be attempting to do the whole 2020 miles by letting my Garmin log all my running and walking. I hope at least 600 of my miles will be run, but as I don't think there's a way of having it log all my miles for my individual challenge and JUST the running miles for a team I won't join a team as it would make it unfair.
  • Cricketmad88
    Cricketmad88 Posts: 415 Member
    I'm up for this, I can pledge 1000 miles
  • seestephierun
    seestephierun Posts: 19 Member
    I would like to sign up again as well! My goal is 800 miles next year.
  • shanaber
    If you haven't done so yet you can sign up for the 'Run the Year' challenge here

Once we figure out the teams here we can get them set up there for tracking.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,951 Member
    I think I will join this this year. I'll probably commit to 1000 miles. Is there a deadline to register?
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    I'm in! Is there a deadline? And does it matter what registration I buy if I would like to join a team? I've never done this before and I don't want to screw it up. ;)
  • shanaber
    I don't think there is a deadline but I am not sure if it will automatically pickup any previous miles to give you credit for them if you wait until after the first of the year.

@Camaramandy648 - you can get any of the registrations and still join a team. The purpose is to help motivate everyone to get/be fit.
  • shanaber
    Oh and please post here how many miles you think you may do for the year so we can match up teams.
  • Camaramandy648
    I'm in for 1300!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,951 Member
    Thanks @shanaber! I'm sure I'll sign up before the end of the year, but maybe not before the end of this week. :D
  • Camaramandy648
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Thanks @shanaber! I'm sure I'll sign up before the end of the year, but maybe not before the end of this week. :D

SAME
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2019
    I am in for probably walking miles which will come from daily steps since I represent the immobile club, (self-appointed). So I plan on filling an open space at the end of the team sign up.

I think registration is open through March, but that should be double-checked. Remember to participate you will need to purchase a package from Run The Edge. Groups form after the new year when the site is 2020 active. Groups designate a captain, the captain invites or makes available the Team Its easy, don't fret. ( I think. Did I remember that right @shanaber ?) and groups can have up to 5 team members.

Sorting... Edited. Is this better? just Quote and remove the Quotes to keep a running sign-up?
    ETA if you want to be on a certain team, with a special runner by al means rearrange. I'm just trying to get this party started.

Team A
    1. @adampeart 1000 miles
    2. @seestephierun 800 miles.
    Total 1800. Need 220 miles

Team B
    1. @Camaramandy648 1300 Miles
    Total 1300 need 720 miles

Team Bad*ss
    No1! @eleanorhawkins 2020 Miles!!!! 👍
    DH and I were talking about going to Spain this year and visit. hehe, I told him we could move there since the rod-leg aches in the cold.

Team C
    1. @kgirlhart 1000 Miles.
    Total 1000. Need 1020 miles

Team D
    Total

Team E
    Total
  • Elise4270
    I've been signed up for a while, BUT I will be attempting to do the whole 2020 miles by letting my Garmin log all my running and walking. I hope at least 600 of my miles will be run, but as I don't think there's a way of having it log all my miles for my individual challenge and JUST the running miles for a team I won't join a team as it would make it unfair.

Unfair? eh, I don't think so. The point is to get moving. If you decide to join a team even late in 2020 you can. We make our own rules!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,650 Member
    edited December 2019
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Team Bad*ss
    DH and I were talking about going to Spain this year and visit. hehe, I told him we could move there since the rod-leg aches in the cold.

@Elise4270 lol so my unfair is your badass.. I like the way you think ! :-D The tracker reckons I'm going to make 2019 because there was some crazy glitch the week I switched from Fitbit to Garmin and it has doubled up some running miles. In truth I'm not, but it would have been close, so next year is the year!

About Spain: make sure you come down south, and make sure you don't come January/February. It doesn't get as cold here as it does in other places, but that means we're completely unprepared for when it does get cold (ok cold to us means anything under 50f).
  • shanaber
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I am in for probably walking miles which will come from daily steps since I represent the immobile club, (self-appointed). So I plan on filling an open space at the end of the team sign up.

I think registration is open through March, but that should be double-checked. Remember to participate you will need to purchase a package from Run The Edge. Groups form after the new year when the site is 2020 active. Groups designate a captain, the captain invites or makes available the Team Its easy, don't fret. ( I think. Did I remember that right @shanaber ?) and groups can have up to 5 team members.

Sorting... Edited. Is this better? just Quote and remove the Quotes to keep a running sign-up?
    ETA if you want to be on a certain team, with a special runner by al means rearrange. I'm just trying to get this party started.

This is perfect. I was planning to do something similar tonight or tomorrow when we had a few more people. I am in for 1000, I think I can still do it w/o my long (10-15 mile) runs.

Each team, once we get them set, will need to come up with a name and the Captain sets the name and adds in the runners to the team. Once we get going we can share our RTE user names so we can find, follow and add team members. I just used the same profile name as I use for MFP because it was easy.
    Also @Elise4270 - I added you onto my team below 😁

Team A
    1. @adampeart 1000 miles
    Total 1800. Need 220 miles

Team B

Team Bad*ss

Team C
    1. @kgirlhart 1000 Miles.
    Total 1000. Need 1020 miles

Team D
    1. @shanaber 1000 Miles
    2. @elise4270 20 Miles
    Total 1020. Need 1000 miles

Team E
    Total
  • Elise4270
    Thanks for taking me in @shanaber! You gotta know I love you for looking out for me all these years! I officially adopt you as my big sister.

@eleanorhawkins I’m not sure how serious he is on Spain. It was Hawaii again and I popped off about Spain and he priced it. Any vacation will prob be May. But, I don’t wanna travel gimpy so I’m hoping he’ll just save the vacation money until I’m an upright participant of the human race (yes, dramatic). But he’s keen on going anywhere. I stalked you on Strava and that area is target no. 1. 🤗
  • shanaber
    @elise4270 - I have always wanted a sister!! ❤️
  • Elise4270
    shanaber wrote: »
    @elise4270 - I have always wanted a sister!! ❤️

Haha! Merry Christmas!
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,359 Member
    I'm pretty new to running, I'll sign up for 300 miles
  • Elise4270
    edited December 2019
    ... Remember to participate you will need to purchase a package from Run The Edge. Groups form after the new year when the site is 2020 active. Groups designate a captain, the captain invites or makes available the Team Its easy, don't fret. ( I think. Did I remember that right @shanaber ?) and groups can have up to 5 team members.
    Each team, once we get them set, will need to come up with a name and the Captain sets the name and adds in the runners to the team. Once we get going we can share our RTE user names so we can find, follow and add team members. I just used the same profile name as I use for MFP because it was easy.
    Also @Elise4270 - I added you onto my team below 😁

Team A
    1. @adampeart 1000 miles
    3. @VanVanDiane 300 miles
    Total 2100.

Team B

Team Bad*ss

Team C