What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I'm current obsessed with making homemade soup!

It's fun trying new recipes and adding my own twist to it.

Not to mention it's so easy to make in my Nutribullet which also helps with the clean up.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Soup
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    I make a Brown Betty almost every day for my after dinner treat.

One small apple or two medium ones, usually a golden delicious and/or a granny smith, sliced in to small pieces. One piece of 40 or 45 calorie honey wheat bread cut in to crumbs.

I then use 1/3 cup of sugar free syrup, vanillas extract and cinnamon. Mix up the sauce, poor it over the apples and bread and mix that all up until everything is covered.

Bake about 45 minutes on 375, stirring a couple of times during the baking process.

Add a little whip cream and enjoy, or have it with your favorite low cal protein enhanced ice cream.
  • jessrex
    jessrex Posts: 41 Member
    These stupid protein bars from Aldi. I really have to stop buying them because one day I WILL end up eating an entire box as all of my food for a day.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Progresso lite Italian Wedding Soup. 160 calories for the whole can. Tasty and filling.

I swore I wouldn’t eat protein bars or powders but someone gave me some chocolate mint Nugo bars. I liked them so much I tried ONE brand birthday cake protein bars. I’m trying not to go overboard. As someone else here said protein bars are pretty much thinly disguised candy bars, but they sure have helped with my protein macro.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Acorn squash, tofu, soy curls. Those are a few of my current obsessions. I'm drooling just typing that!
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Acorn squash, tofu, soy curls. Those are a few of my current obsessions. I'm drooling just typing that!

I have soy curls in my pantry. Can you share a couple ideas that worked out really well?
  • chris89topher

I have soy curls in my pantry. Can you share a couple ideas that worked out really well?

I like things pretty simple. I just rehydrate them, cook them in the air fryer for 10 minutes until crispy and dip them in hot sauce or syrup. They're also delicious in soup! I love the texture.
  • HotFrieZ
    HotFrieZ Posts: 35 Member
    Starbucks blonde roast coffee pods with a Splenda and suagr free vanilla creamer. I actually don't really like their hot coffee in the store as it tastes burnt to me, but I'm addicted to these. I literally crave coffee during the day lol, weird.

I always love peanut butter. Also have been on a cereal kick for breakfast. I mix cereals, usually a low sugar option such as Cheerios, rice Chex, Rice Krispies, etc with special k's brown sugar protein cereal. I add close to a full cup of almond milk. Actually fills me for awhile. I can't drink reg milk bc it gives me a stomach ache 😣
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

I like things pretty simple. I just rehydrate them, cook them in the air fryer for 10 minutes until crispy and dip them in hot sauce or syrup. They're also delicious in soup! I love the texture.

I had to look up soy curls... what are they exactly??
  • chris89topher

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EMAF0G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_CAC2DbE531Y5N

Basically soy beans that have been ground up and formed into.....curls then dehydrated. They're like tofu in that they don't have much flavor on their own, but they're so good! Lots of protein.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Presidents Choice Memories of Tunisia harissa sauce. Delicious on almost anything, but especially eggs!
  • pancakerunner

Basically soy beans that have been ground up and formed into.....curls then dehydrated. They're like tofu in that they don't have much flavor on their own, but they're so good! Lots of protein.

so basically like vegan pork rinds??
  • chris89topher

so basically like vegan pork rinds??

I've never had pork rinds so I'm not sure.
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Avocado toast with red pepper flakes
  • gouin4goals
    gouin4goals Posts: 6 Member
    Overnight oats! I like chocolate and carrot ! I have a bowl every single morning as my preworkout! Its great cause it's already made and I don't have to work so hard to eat first thing in the morning.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    6ehh1bkhlbgf.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    6ehh1bkhlbgf.jpg

approved.
  • pancakerunner
    b57qp8g8wvmo.png
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member