Share how you’re going to stay on track this holiday season!

alexv8719
alexv8719 Posts: 21 Member
edited December 2019 in Motivation and Support
With the holiday approaching, are you planning on staying on track? If so, how? I could use some more tips. But I plan on just eating healthy when I can control it. i.e when I have to make meals at home between festivities. Curious as to what other people are doing.

Replies

• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    edited December 2019
    The #1 way I maintain my weight during the holidays is by NOT eating treats at work. I implemented this a few years ago and it made a HUGE difference. I am much better at abstaining rather than trying to moderate so the rule of "nothing at work that I didn't pack" works better for me than trying to negotiate what to eat and how much, etc...
  • alexv8719
    Great idea!
  • alexv8719
    The #1 way I maintain my weight during the holidays is by NOT eating treats at work. I implemented this a few years ago and it made a HUGE difference. I am much better at abstaining rather than trying to moderate so the rule of "nothing at work that I didn't pack" works better for me than trying to negotiate what to eat and how much, etc...
    Great idea!
  • sugarcakes38
    sugarcakes38 Posts: 80 Member
    I can’t even tell you how I’ve managed to do it so far, just have. I do plan on having me a tamale this Christmas Eve though. Or 2 or 3. Or 4. Just round it up to 4.
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    I'm going to wait to eat when I'm hungry and eat what I really want. Then I'm going to stop at feeling satisfied. 😊
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    I've been doing great so far. Christmas Eve I'm planning on staying healthy with dinner and having dessert, I rarely have it and plan to enjoy it. I'll probably have more than normal on Christmas too but will at least go for walks. Day after Christmas is my nephew's pizza birthday party and we're going to the movies. It depends on where the pizza is from, last time I had pizza I felt sick and it wasn't worth it. I'll probably work out extra that day and get popcorn and have cake.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Lots of exercise! That's what all the time off work is for!! 😊😀

I aim for a minimum of an hour a day and preferably more than 2 hours.

Also eat reasonably ... we don't need to stuff ourselves.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Small tastes of things I want to try. Portion control, moderation and going right back to tracking and calorie deficit 1/2/20. Not allowing myself to extend any overindulging beyond 1/2.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I am retired, so no office goodies or parties to worry about. Keep up with my yoga classes and gym workouts.

Kids and their families are not coming this year, so dinner on 12/24 with be light and plain (chicken, veggies, salad and mashed potatoes), with four family members.

I am not a desert or chocolate lover and that also helps, and I don't drink much, and sometimes nothing at all. I have no idea what my husband and I will be doing on 12/25, maybe a small BBQ if the weather is good enough.

During the years, I have scaled back a lot all my holiday preparations, including dinners and parties. Much more relaxed approach since I am always the one doing everything, and I don't like to cook.
  • zaraizzy56
    zaraizzy56 Posts: 56 Member
    I live alone and have no family. Won't be to much of a problem staying away from temptation since there won't be any. But, I will be listening to Christmas music and shows. Wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy holidays.