What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    epangili wrote: »
    b57qp8g8wvmo.png

What is it?

Looks like Turkish dried apricots in sugar (or snow).
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I had the munchies just before going to bed last night and knew I still had about 400 cal. left to my day. I grabbed a couple pretzels(which I can usually pass by very easily) dipped them right into the peanut butter jar and went hey, this is pretty dang good. Not sure if that's a good thing for me to find out. :/
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    dot's pretzels
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Kind of playing around with various protein bars; moving to less cooked food (especially solids) for hot weather months.

Try these

https://myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/lean-protein-bar/11534149.html
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    cxyu7bukokm5.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Apples, so many tasty varieties this time of year. My favorite aside of Honeycrisp and Pink Lady is Opal.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    epangili wrote: »
    b57qp8g8wvmo.png

What is it?

Salt cured egg yolks
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    dot's pretzels

Yes!! These are soooooo good!
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Quest protein cookies. Omg...
  • RCPV
    RCPV Posts: 342 Member
    Soyganic Smoked Tofu out of Canada. O Canada!! :)
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Popcornopolis zebra popcorn
  • pancakerunner
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    dot's pretzels

Yes!! These are soooooo good!

Have you tried their chocolate bars? Also really good.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Recent obsession - Butter Beans!

Something I’ve never paid much attention to, they used to occur once in a blue moon on my dinner plate as a child. Nice enough, but they’ve barely registered all my adult life. As a vegetarian I eat a lot of beans of all varieties so why has it taken me ALL these years to visit the butter bean!?

A squeeze of honey, dollop of Dijon and some Thyme, pop in the oven to 10 mins.

Drizzle of BBQ sauce, halved cherry tomatoes, roast 10 mins.

Amazing! And the experimenting is set to continue!

If any of you can confirm what they’re called over the Atlantic - Fava or Lima that’d be good!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    vine_ripened_and_sicilian_lemon_infused_olive_oil_grande.jpg?v=1573849404
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member

Something I’ve never paid much attention to, they used to occur once in a blue moon on my dinner plate as a child. Nice enough, but they’ve barely registered all my adult life. As a vegetarian I eat a lot of beans of all varieties so why has it taken me ALL these years to visit the butter bean!?

If any of you can confirm what they’re called over the Atlantic - Fava or Lima that’d be good!

Lima. Fava (which are delicious) are different. I haven't had lima in ages, maybe I should.
  • fordstar13
    fordstar13 Posts: 10 Member
    Dave’s seeded toast with half a avacado and pepper 😁😬
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    2rnlj5jzdlfv.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Lima. Fava (which are delicious) are different. I haven't had lima in ages, maybe I should.

Thank you! That’s the way round I thought it was but it’s one of things I second guess myself about!

Fava (Broad Beans to me) have been one of my staples for years too, love them tossed through Mediterranean Roasted Veg and in Lemony profile dishes etc!

• MsSweetCheeks1975
    MsSweetCheeks1975 Posts: 27 Member
    Protein 1 Bars. I find it's very filling for a snack.
  • pancakerunner
    u1ywlpdsoe54.jpg

a serving size is a whopping 1 3/4 cup so for a cereal, it's actually really voluminous and relatively low in calories!