WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    T5fl96zgc4zes.jpeg
    This was my “Glitterboard” from my classroom when I was teaching. Students would put up quotes they liked or positive thoughts. I think it’s appropriate for today.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    @jugar yes, please use my weigh in I reported. I thought I was on the correct date. Totally missed the fact it wasn’t Friday.

And thanks for reminding me, I’m recovering and healing
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    My weigh in
    PW: 181.4
    CW 180.6

So in 24 hours my son will be home for 12 days I am so happy... I did good yesterday, we ordered out because I had the kitchen for candy making, but I kept it simple, I had grilled chicken with Broccoli and a Salad.. I even told them not to bring the bread.. and I DID NOT order the delicious cannoli cake they have... Then I made fudge, I made white chocolate gingerbread swirl, and reese cup fudge... Both turned out great.. I do like fudge but it's so rich, I only need a smidge of each.. although I did scrap the bowl of the gingerbread fudge and shared it with my husband, after making a huge mess with the molasses I wasn't letting that go to waste... lol...
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Friday weigh in
    PW 174.8
    CW 172.8
    Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!!🎄
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    GOOD MORNING PARTY PEOPLE
    … or afternoon. Depending on your location on the globe!

January is quickly approaching! It is time to start recruiting for the coming month. Registration should be opened later today. Start the chatter and get the word out!

Once the registration page is live - I will provide a link that you can copy into your news feed.

2020 HERE WE COME!!!!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 177
    CW: 179.9
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Friday weigh in - yeah a little progress!!
    CW: 164.4
    PW: 165.4
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Wow Friday!
    I am SO glad some of you have taken off some weight to balance my very bad, terrible, horrible week. I put on 1.2 pounds, so it is good to see all you lovely green people to balance those of us in the red! I have fallen into the "first I eat well, and then I eat badly" trap again. I eat all my wonderful veggies, fibre, super clean. Then I have cookies. Or nuts. Wednesday night really did me in - I gave blood, but because it was snowing so crazily I got there later than I planned and it took forever. It was a great atmosphere and lots of fun (it was at my daughter's former army unit, and I know a lot of the people there), but when I got out, in spite of all the lovely snacks, I was ravenous. I stopped for a sandwich. With potato wedges. And then hot chocolate. Stuff I never eat! Then yesterday was a bit too lazy too. So I am paying for it. I look forward to a much better January, since this coming week will be a huge challenge while visiting my mom! Oh well, I'm still within my "good" range, so I am not panicking. Just complaining.

Now that I have finished my "woe is me" I wish everyone a lovely day! I'm on my way to Montreal later, and then flying out at the crack of dawn tomorrow. I'll have good internet most of the time, though, so will be able to keep up with all you lovelies. :heart:
  • jugar
    micki48 wrote: »
    @jugar Yikes, I’m first! Oh the pressure. 😘 Ok, I’ll get something together. Do we send it to you first in a pm or just post it? How will that part work?

I'll open up the Announcement Saturday (Sunday will be too crazy!) so all you'll have to do is post your reading sometime during the day Sunday. Then same for each day - we just individually post what we want people to read, and then they can simply read it or post a reaction if they want to. Just put the day clearly at the top, and we'll be off and running. Or at least stumbling along.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Turns out I didn't have to go to work today either lol.

That means I'm officially on vacation, and THAT means I'm taking a 1 week diet break and going on maintenance.

So we'll see how that goes. It's a little scary tbh.
  • micki48
    STEPS:
    12/17 - 11722
    12/18 - 15006

@fourathomej Did you post steps for the 15th and 16th? Or did I miss them?

@evelynladams527 Did you post steps for the 15th? I don't have those steps.

@eyezbydiana Do you still want to be on the stepping team? It's good for you. :wink:

@evangsimmons170 I know you're an end of the week girl! Just want to encourage you to keep stepping. Maybe have each day top the last. :smile:

@jugar and @Gidgitgoescrazy No steps for you yet this week. Hope you are doing well. I know it's been a little crazy for both of you.

If you did post and I missed them. Please be so kind as to let me know. I could have missed them (but I did check, promise.) Hope you are all getting lots of steps in. I know this time of year is crazy, but taking those extra steps is something we can do. Heck, it may be a great excuse to move on from person to person at a party. Excuse me please, I need to get my 250 steps in this hour. Park way out in the parking lot and walk in. EXTRA steps and it will also make your life easier. If you are lucky enough to be done and sitting and relaxing. GREAT FOR YOU, HURRAY! But get up and move every hour, your body will thank you.

Hugs and love to you all. I am so happy to have found this wonderful support team. I couldn't do this without you for sure. I am excited about the new year and new goals! Have you been thinking about your goals? Written them down? Posted them here? I haven't seen any yet. I'm at the thinking stage, getting ready to write it down, then I will post soon. One more thing, many of us have been with this team for a while and even if you haven't, we'd love to see your accomplishments since joining us. I plan to do a wrap up of the year soon as well. You don't have to wait until the end of the month. We'll cheer you now as well. Make it a great day!!!!!! <3<3
  • micki48
    My weigh in
    PW: 181.4
    CW 180.6

So in 24 hours my son will be home for 12 days I am so happy... I did good yesterday, we ordered out because I had the kitchen for candy making, but I kept it simple, I had grilled chicken with Broccoli and a Salad.. I even told them not to bring the bread.. and I DID NOT order the delicious cannoli cake they have... Then I made fudge, I made white chocolate gingerbread swirl, and reese cup fudge... Both turned out great.. I do like fudge but it's so rich, I only need a smidge of each.. although I did scrap the bowl of the gingerbread fudge and shared it with my husband, after making a huge mess with the molasses I wasn't letting that go to waste... lol...

GREAT weigh in and GREAT discipline!! Good for you! You've totally got this!
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Friday weigh in
    PW 174.8
    CW 172.8
    Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!!🎄

Wahoo!!! Great going, Connie. That is a VERY nice loss. Your hard work is paying off and you are inspiring us all. Merry Christmas to you as well. 🎄

@Pearl4686 Hang in there! You can do this. We believe in you. This is a difficult time of year. (I know, all year is difficult too.) Checking in and weighing in no matter what, is so important. I'm proud of you.

@Steph1498 Hurray for that one pound loss! That's wonderful. Keep up the good work and those steps. Did you get your car as you hoped?
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    @jugar I hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful visit with your mom!! Merry Christmas!!
  • jugar
    Well, the smallest part of my trip is done - I'm all snug and warm in a hotel near the airport in Montreal. It's 90 miles to Montreal from home, so with a 6 am departure, there was no way I was doing this tomorrow morning! So I have internet, will go down and sweat a bit in the gym before dinner, and then get to bed early. That 4:45 shuttle back over to the airport will be here soon enough...

Only one more weigh-in due for today @AmyRobF
    and
    SATURDAY heads up for:

@evangsimmons170
    @matthewsfive
    @Micki48

Only three of you now that @eyezbydiana is on support team for the duration! But you can send in a weigh-in anyhow if you want to :wink: I know a lot of the time the support team is called the "cheer squad" and I like that a lot better. Cheery and cheering everyone on!
  • jugar
    edited December 2019
    I am wearing the halo -- just spent 30 minutes doing intervals on the elliptical and then did today's Pilates workout. Feeling ever so virtuous!! A bad weigh-in is a good wake-up call, right? :grimace:
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    PW 208.5
    CW 208.5
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 538 Member
    @micki48 steps: 12/15 3700;12/19 2312; 12/20 4200
    I’ll zap Saturday’s to you when I check in after my concert (Saturday p.m.).
    Time for bed. Not much to report but will catch up soon.
    Be well, y’all!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Matthewsfive
    December Week 3
    PW:183.8
    CW:181.8
  • jugar
    Greetings from Toronto!

I have a layover here on my way to Charlotte, and there are delays... YAWN.

But things are looking good here! Some excellent weigh-ins. Bravissimi!

I put up the Week 4 reading challenge opener, all ready to start tomorrow. We could still use 3 more people posting something to read - from a book, a poem, an essay, or something you write yourself. On any topic. Something you enjoy and want to share with the whole F2F family.

SUN @micki48
    MON @Terytha
    TUES @evangsimmons170
    WED @jugar
    THU
    FRI
    SAT

Just quote this message and fill in your name. Then go find a terrific little snippet to share :heart:
  • micki48
    edited December 2019
    Week 3
    PW 194
    CW 193.8

A loss is a loss!! 👏🏼🎉😂👍🏻

Friday steps 12/20 - 9,797
This discussion has been closed.