Am I meeting my goals

Hello I am Ms. Jackson and I am starting the Keto diet for the second time. I am still new to the process, but I have lost 17 pounds in two weeks and I am wondering if this is weight loss is what you normally should lose. I am 50 years of age and I am exercising in conjunction with taking the B12 shot that my doctor recommended. I am busy during the day but I still make time to exercise. I need to know it I am on the right track. I have seen where others have lost more within a two weeks time and it's discouraging but I am not giving up. If you have any tips could you provide them please????

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    My tip is to go the the Getting Started forum section, and read up on the sticky posts at the top. There's a ton of info there that will help answer your questions. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/getting-started

MFP offers more than just hte community forums here; use the app to set your goals and track the food you eat; the logging is a great tool to help you assess your progress.

good luck.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    17 lbs of weight loss is undoubtedly a lot of water and poop, but also an astounding amount. You don't live other peoples' lives, so their losses should have no effect on your own. Also, the keto diet isn't magic and doesn't escape calories or the importance of increased protein intake and not gorging on fat.