Looking For Soup Recipes

Anyone have any great soup recipes.

Every week I make a big pot of soup consisting of cabbage, kidney beans, carrots, homemade salsa, any other fresh or frozen vegs. I have. I always try to throw some chicken in the bowl when I reheat it for my meals and sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on top.

If anyone has any great soup recipes, would greatly appreciate you posting them.

I saw the recent post of the cauliflower/broccoli chowder and I am looking forward to trying it.

Thanks
K

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Thanks for the soup recipes...I can not wait to try them!
  • Dinogirl48
    Dinogirl48 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm looking for recipes for good tasting Vegetables. Newbie here who wants to get away from having corn, peas and other hi-cal, starchy vegetables.
  • forumromanus77
    forumromanus77 Posts: 25 Member
    I make a veggie chili that's pretty tasty. It's basically my "Throw everything in a pot and have done with it" kind of meal. XD

1-2 white onions diced
    3 ribs of celery diced
    .5 lbs of carrots, diced
    6 cloves of garlic, crushed
    1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
    1lb package of frozen mixed vegetables
    1 large can of crushed tomatoes
    8 oz. white mushrooms (optional)
    2 zucchini, sliced
    4 cups veg stock
    Seasonings- I use generous amounts of paprika, cayenne, ancho chile powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. It's a big dish, so season to taste!

In a LARGE pot (Seriously, like the largest vessel you can find) cook off your celery, carrots, onions, and garlic until the onions are translucent and your kitchen smells amazing. Then, add all of your ingredients EXCEPT the frozen vegetables, mushrooms and the zucchini. Simmer for 2-3 hours, adding the remaining veg in the last half hour of cooking. The chili is done when the zucchini is cooked and the frozen vegetables are heated through.

NOTE: If you like meat in your chili, you can swap the veg stock for beef broth and add 1 lb of lean ground turkey.

I seriously recommend, it's so good, and this recipe makes enough to meal prep for a week.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Bone Broth Soup 🥣
    1.Scraps from meat /bones/fatty parts/neck even or for vegans tofu to your substitute soy meat scraps
    2. Veggies any you got even scraps can flavor it.
    3. Can add seasonings if you like.
    4. Noodles or rice to bulk it up

Boil on high turn down on low then eat.

Matzah unleavened bread to eat with it brush with or add olive oil to the flour to flavor it.
    https://www.alyonascooking.com/unleavened-bread-matzah/

Autumn soup
    https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/cozy-autumn-wild-rice-soup/

Home made chili’s is what’s on hand theirs millions of variations of chili.
    1. Any beans you like
    2. Can add veggies you like broccoli to corn even .From onions 🧅 to cauliflower
    3. Hamburger meat or vegan substitute or chicken or turkey or nothing
    4. Can if like top with butters,sour cream,crackers, garnishes,fried onions 🧅 ,lots of choices ,veggies,or even bacon 🥓 ,lots of things ,cheeses even real or substitutes
    5. Can add spices hot or not your choice.Simple black pepper to lemon juices. Bell peppers to banana peppers.Or hot ones ghost peppers to jalapeños

Vegetable soups for pantry clean outs
    1. Meat ,bullion cubes,or vegan bullion cubes
    2. Water with seasoning your choice salts to pepper can add more than those even
    3. Vegetables any you got left in the kitchen even canned ones.

Boil on high reduce to low then serve. Yummy 😋

Cheese soup (with or without veggies)
    Can make lots of ways
    Can add broccoli to cauliflower to carrots to fried onions, celery to fresh chopped tomatoes 🍅 (can add tomatoes after its cooked so crunchy yummy),potatoes to meats (bacon to chickens any)or tofus etc
    Can use cheese y milks to many other methods . Velvetah to real cheese even lots of vegan choices to y vegetarian cheeses out there. https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/potato-and-cheddar-cheese-soup

• LadyEvangelina
    LadyEvangelina Posts: 6 Member
    Lemon Chicken Kale Soup

Chicken
    Kale
    Bullion cube(s)
    Lemon(s)
    Water
    Coconut milk (Unsweetened) * A little of this can add some nice depth to your soup.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Easy White Bean & Spinach Soup
    Ingredients
    • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    • 3 small leek bulbs, outer layers removed, chopped
    • 1 medium onion, chopped
    • 1 teaspoon salt, divided
    • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    • 1 (28-ounce) can low-sodium diced tomatoes (certified gluten-free if necessary)
    • 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (certified gluten-free if necessary)
    • 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
    • 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth (certified gluten-free if necessary)

Directions
    1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
    2.In a Dutch oven or large oven-safe pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the leek, onion, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
    3.Add the tomatoes (plus juices), beans, spinach and broth. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and transfer to the oven. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the spinach has wilted, 25 to 30 minutes.
    (I took mine out of the oven after 25 minutes and gave it a good stir, and then placed it back in the oven for 5 more minutes).
    4. Stir in the other 1/2 teaspoon of salt and enjoy!
    Nutrition Information
    Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 of dish
    Per serving: Calories: 262; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 688mg; Carbohydrate: 46g; Dietary Fiber: 11g; Sugar: 9g; Protein: 11g
    Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 1127mg; Iron: 8%; Vitamin A: 31%; Vitamin C: 30%; Calcium: 6%
  • drjo124
    drjo124 Posts: 1 Member
    Gazpacho, cold summer soup

1 cucumber
    1 red pepper
    1 clove of garlic
    3-4 ripe tomatoes of any sort, or basket of grape tomatoes
    small red onion

salt and pepper
    2 - 3 cups V-8 or other vegetable juice, low sodium
    1 tsp ground cumin
    dash of tabasco
    vinegar to taste
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    handful of ice cubes

Chop up veggies and pulse in food processor. Add V8 juice and rest of ingredients. Pulse until smooth.
    Serve cold with drizzle of oil and minced veggies (optional). You can vary amounts of ingredients. Low calorie but nicely filling.

• isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Wow, The Health Nut Mama sounds great. That Coconut Chicken Soup sounds like a must try! I think would add some spinach or kale. Thanks for sharing!