MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    its_cleo wrote: »
    @mrmcgrath how do you calculate a sleep score? My cats wake me up in the middle of the night, or 5am. It's really a pain.

My Fitbit tracks it. It looks at times awake, restlessness, heart rate, deep sleep, REM and light sleep.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Official weigh in. 19712/20
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 197.6
    Todays Weight:197

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: Crazy numbers
    Steps : 7433
    Exercise: bike

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    7433 steps. 5500 goal steps
    3.16 miles
    2480 burned calories
    21 active
    82 sleep score
    65 resting sleep
    1895 calories consumed

Macros…Carb 61% goal 40%, Fat 22% goal 30%, Protein 17% goal 30%

Basic Goals
    30 active minutes:
    Complete food diary: ✔️
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): ✔️
    Stay below mfp sugar goal:
    Meet fiber in range: ✔️
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    @mrmcgrath - Woohoo! Great weigh-in! So delighted for you!

@its_cleo - I am SO sorry about those pesky cats. Disturbed sleep is no fun.

@TeresaW1020 - You are so right about having two reasons for water retention there, and SO smart to not let the number get you upset. Keep up the great work! I'll bet the number is back to normal in a day or two!

@Katmary71 - You are not the only person who has to tread carefully when eating butternut squash. If you are not eating sugar, it tastes super sweet. You could try mixing it half and half with acorn squash (still sweet, but less so, and lower calorie density). I even (this may be too weird) make my steamed squash bowls by substituting in some diced turnip.
    And now for the adventure -- have you tried the stair treadmill yet? How was it?

@raleighgirl09 -- Your journal work continues to inspire me, and to have me hear myself in it. Keep up the awesome work, and thank you for sharing it.

Related thought (at least to me) -- I was telling my husband recently that I think some things about our brains are left over from humans being migratory and looking for things like good berry bushes. No, really, hang with me a second on this thought. A couple of years ago, while I was at my son's music lesson, I used to visit the nearby 7-Eleven for a "secret" treat while he was in his lesson. It has been 2 years since I did that, but every so often my brain reminds me -- "Look! There's the spot to get a sweet treat." I do not really want a shrink wrapped danish today, but my travels have taken me back past that spot and my brain helpfully pings me (the ping has gotten fainter) and says "sweets here." I thank brain for sharing (glad my memory is fine even if I do not want a shrink wrapped danish). Meditation and reflection -- learning to see those thoughts as interesting but in a way "not me" -- have been so helpful.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Thursday Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (46 min), outdoor walk (30 min)
    Steps (target 7500): over (and you helped make that happen, as I did not want to report in that I had missed!)

Daily Goals
    1. Meditate ✔️
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Practice ✔️
    5. Thankful ✔️ for lovely weather to walk in!

Goals and Improvements for Friday:
    - Stick with my food plan, measure and log everything, stay at/under calories
    - Martial arts practice at home
    - Get work done to prep for New Year's Brunch; need a thing ready for tomorrow
    - Get today's gift shopping done (2 last items)
    - Keep up work on a "what I need to work on" inventory (thinking of through now and year end, and in 2020); want a draft of this for tomorrow
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited December 2019
    its_cleo wrote: »
    I think I'm on track with cals but only partially keeping up with my fitness goals. Work is taking up a lot of time.

@mrmcgrath how do you calculate a sleep score? My cats wake me up in the middle of the night, or 5am. It's really a pain.

@AustinRuadhain I don't know how you find the energy for it all.

My regular trainer is in Florida- lucky guy it was -15c here today. Tomorrow I see a different trainer. He is ok, nice to mix it up a bit.

@its_cleo -
    Wait ... -15C? Brrr! 🥶🥶🥶

I listen to you and think it is so cool you are doing all this great gym work with a trainer! And now that I know how cold it is where you are, I am double impressed that you get out of the house and get yourself to the gym! 👍🏽 👍🏽 👍🏽

For what it's worth, before I started on this journey, I was having trouble even walking. My knees and feet hurt all the time, my ankles were swollen and painful by the end of the day, and my back was iffy. Now that all of those issues are gone, I am so excited. It seriously takes a lot less energy and effort to move now than it did 2 years and 140 pounds ago. When I started, I was worried I would be bed-ridden sooner rather than later.

In terms of movement, as with diet, do what works for you, your health and your aims.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Friday Check in:
    Water: over
    Exercise: lots of cleaning!

I took the day off from my BOD workouts because I stayed at work extra-long and did a major end of the year cleaning of my entire office and supply closets. I hauled at least 10 bags of trash out of there. Now it's organized, clean, and it better stay that way! :D Now I just need to go in for about 2 or 3 hours on Monday and I will be off until Jan 2nd. B)

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    @its_cleo My kittens wake me up around then too! If you ever find a solution please share! I'm wearing ear plugs to bed, it helps with hearing them race around but one of the two always jumps on top of me. Wow, it's cold there! And I struggle to work out when it's cold here and I'm in CA, what a wuss!

@AustinRuadhain I'm the same way with roasted acorn squash in the house too! I almost didn't buy another butternut squash today but tried it in oatmeal and it was so good I gave in. I'm the same way with apples and frozen blueberries! The latter I've stopped bringing in the house. I think because I don't keep anything known to tempt me in the house I go for my favorite sweet stuff. I'm not like that with pumpkin or pears! I do still use stevia but the sweetness is definitely a draw.

How did the shopping go, did you wrap it up today? What about brunch prep?

I did use the stair treadmill, I almost walked by and pretended I didn't remember but because I mentioned it here I got on it! It's a good workout and I like it but my feet are numb and I kept putting them too close to the front of steps and getting my toes squeezed. I had to watch my feet the whole time, they burn but are numb as far as placement or outer feeling, it's been a problem since my last back surgery. Not sure I'll do the stairs again though it's a great butt workout and I've noticed those that use it have great leg muscles so we'll see. Thanks for asking!

@TeresaW1020 What a great way to both end and start the new year, everything will be cleaned and organized! Sounds like you got a good workout too!
  • Katmary71
    Friday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- recumbent bike, stair treadmill (lasted 5 minutes!), weights and core, stretching

5 for 90
    1. Gym 3xs a week- did it for the first time in a few weeks!
    2. Exercise 30 minutes-done
    3. Decluttering- none
    4. Trigger foods- I did better than usual in the store. I did pick up a few peppermint items and the servings for calories were too high so I put them back. I got everything on my list for Christmas and completely forgot to get peppermint ice cream for Christmas Eve! We've had it every year since my SIL joined the family (I always bought it for myself) and it's my favorite ice cream. I planned on indulging since it's only out 1x a year and can't believe I had the chance and missed it! Maybe someone else will get it, not like there won't be other desserts. I love it but I'm not dealing with the store this weekend, it's not something I'd moderate if it was in the house anyway.
    5. Upcoming goals- finish the psych/health book I'm reading.

• kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    I made it into Onederland today!

n2manvfcphsd.jpeg
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Friday check in
    steps 12/19 9,354

Funny story about the Friday check in. I had it all set and apparently didn't hit send but that was ok because
    I really was hungry so had a snack before bed, going red yesterday but that's life sometimes. => We have a cocktail party this evening so it will be interesting to see what's there. I decided a few days ago that it wasn't going to be a complete boycott but I want to be selective in quality and quantity. That's what my slender sisters practice many times (sisters at large, I don't have any of my very own) as they traverse life at a party. So, I'm going in with my slender gal mindset.

Prelog 3 meals? B no, L yes and D partly yes - all on plan
    Times? B 10a, L230p, D 6p
    Non-planned eating? eggs and cheese were not planned as in knowing what they would be. I wasn't sure what all dinner would consist of so I kept in calorie range
    Thoughts during overeats?
    Thoughts? DISCOVERY thought: I am not familiar with a feeling of satisfied; that is so subjective and seems a very fine line in the sand, and I'm not sure that I eat to satisfied, seems I tend to stop and should consider feeling a little more food in tummy? When eating, if I am unsure - stop eating for a few minutes. Leave the plate and do something for a moment if temptation to keep eating is outweighed by desire to wait for a result. Another thought - be prepared to stop what I am doing to record my thoughts when they occur; it will usually be while I am doing something else and not be exactly convenient. QUESTION: am I less committed to honoring the hunger cue - am I afraid of that derailing me?
    Mood? great, got a walk outdoors and I am off work until 03Jan!
    Obstacles? none!
    Hunger? seemed extra hungry for lunch but it was late due to the walk, have had some after dinner hunger - late night
    1% effort today? B- practiced eating to satisfied and didn't eat all of the soup which was the original thought. My dinner was in stages due to leaving for a car trip, made a great choice for the second half at a Sheetz (egg and cheese) versus crap. Fruit was available but I needed protein.
    Success? I remembered what this was - changed good to success. All food on plan despite having to juggle meal times around the walk and then the car trip right at dinner time scenario
    Exercise? 3 mile walk in the hood! [steps logged the next day]
    Sleep? [log the morning after]
    Nighttime eats? not yet but it seems dicey - I am hungry. I'm not critical hungry so if I need to, I'll get a smart snack before bed. Not a robot, am not going to white knuckle this business but I would prefer to not eat so late. UPDATE: 1230a snack was sausage and cheese, over calories
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    kayla7303 wrote: »

n2manvfcphsd.jpeg

@kayla7303 YAYyayayYAY!!!!!!!! What an amazing feeling - and what an incredible accomplishment of 66 pounds!
  • TeresaW1020
    Wayyyyyy to go Kayla!! What a great achievement and we are all so very proud of you and inspired by you!! :)

yi436ptucd3t.jpg

• kayla7303

n2manvfcphsd.jpeg

@kayla7303 YAYyayayYAY!!!!!!!! What an amazing feeling - and what an incredible accomplishment of 66 pounds!

Thank you!
  • kayla7303
    Wayyyyyy to go Kayla!! What a great achievement and we are all so very proud of you and inspired by you!! :)

yi436ptucd3t.jpg

Thank you so much!
  • TeresaW1020
    Saturday Check in:
    Water: over
    Exercise: I did day 16 of 21-Day Fix and because I was feeling motivated I also did a pilates workout from week one. B)

Today, was a relaxed day spent at home not doing much but working out, doing laundry, and spending time with my wonderful DH and little dog, Maggie Mae. I have a church potluck breakfast tomorrow at church so I made up two packages of bacon and will make some maple sausage links in the morning. My house smells yummy right now. :p
  • AustinRuadhain
    Friday Check-in
    Calories: on target and all good, on-plan choices
    Water: on target
    Exercise: platform stepping (46 min), outdoor walk (30 min)
    Steps (target 7500): over (2 days in a row!)

Daily Goals
    1. Meditate ✔️
    2. Exercise 30 minutes a day ✔️
    3. Hydrate ✔️
    4. Martial Arts Practice ✔️
    5. Thankful ✔️ for good family friends!

Goals and Improvements for Saturday:
    - Stick with my food plan, measure and log everything, stay at/under calories
    - Martial arts class
    - Outdoor walk or platform stepping
    - Food planning and shopping
  • Katmary71

n2manvfcphsd.jpeg

Congratulations, that's a huge accomplishment!
  • AustinRuadhain
    n2manvfcphsd.jpeg

Congratulations @kayla7303 ! This is such great news!

6dbu7t8cx0xq.gif
  • AustinRuadhain
    @TeresaW1020 - What an excellent busy day you had on Friday!
    Listening to you talk about keeping your spaces clean, I am thinking I need to put something on my calendar for my office. I have made improvements on it this week, and want to do more. I think after get this deep cleaning done, I need to put monthly or quarterly "checkups" on my calendar for 2020. It's so easy for things to pile up!

I feel a need to declutter more! I am hosting a New Year's Brunch, and that will be a great excuse/motivation somehow!

Hey @Katmary71 !
    @AustinRuadhain I'm the same way with roasted acorn squash in the house too! I almost didn't buy another butternut squash today but tried it in oatmeal and it was so good I gave in. I'm the same way with apples and frozen blueberries! The latter I've stopped bringing in the house. I think because I don't keep anything known to tempt me in the house I go for my favorite sweet stuff. I'm not like that with pumpkin or pears! I do still use stevia but the sweetness is definitely a draw.

How did the shopping go, did you wrap it up today? What about brunch prep?

I did use the stair treadmill, I almost walked by and pretended I didn't remember but because I mentioned it here I got on it! It's a good workout and I like it but my feet are numb and I kept putting them too close to the front of steps and getting my toes squeezed. I had to watch my feet the whole time, they burn but are numb as far as placement or outer feeling, it's been a problem since my last back surgery. Not sure I'll do the stairs again though it's a great butt workout and I've noticed those that use it have great leg muscles so we'll see. Thanks for asking!

Have you been able to find pumpkin this fall? I got one pie pumpkin back before Halloween, and the grocery stores here have not had them since. I asked one of our produce guys, and he said their supply dried up, as it was a scant harvest this year. Anyway, I love pumpkin and am hoping we have it for longer next year. You being in CA, you may have gotten more. For some reason, almost all the pumpkins grown in Texas are the ornamentals. Not my priority, but they don't ask me!

As to pears -- I almost never get them, since they need ripening. I'll look for a brown bag to put some in, and then pick some up. And hey, soon would be a good time to do that if I want them for the New Year's Brunch! Hmm! Thank you or the inspiration!

Shopping did get wrapped up. I need to do some wrapping tonight. That will be fun!

My brunch prep project moved along. I had a planful signup sheet out for people at class today (the brunch is me hosting a get-together for martial arts friends), and have various follow-up items, but that is moving along at good speed. Yay! Thanks for asking!

A big hurray to you for trying out the Stair Treadmill! Even though it's not a good match for you right now, I love it that you did not walk past and went ahead and tried it to see if it would work!
  • hinemoa2088
    hinemoa2088 Posts: 60 Member
    hinemoa2088
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Week 3
    PW: 160.2
    CW: 160.0
This discussion has been closed.