Jp's omad journey

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    @volgirl1322 - Thank you ❤️ You guys are the only ones who say I am tiny 😊
  • jadepearl
    edited December 2019
    @LiLee2018 - Thank you ❤️ I am happy that I am OK now. I asked my Doctor if I have to take any medicine and he said nope for the time being. He keeps talking about I am a stage zero. So, I will go for another scan in 6-8 months. They will call and text message me.
  • jadepearl
    @LadyBlanks - Thank you❤️ I will continue to OMAD and to make sure that I will continue to weigh-in to ensure that I am forever around 52-54 kg. Knowing me, if I am not on my toes, I will be back at 67kg😢😅
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you ❤️ It's hard whenever you go for family gatherings, you are the fattest. However, now that the whole family and relatives found out about my thyroid issues, they are quite quiet now.
  • jadepearl
    @Abm4n - Thank you ❤️ As you are half Asian too, do you have any weight issues with your Mom, hope you don't mind me asking
  • jadepearl
    edited December 2019
    Y2W22
    SW:67kg (BMI - 26.8)
    CW:53kg (BMI - 21.2)
    Maintain at 52-54 kg.

It's about 1.10am here and I just can't sleep🙄🙄🙄 It's going to be a horrible day later on. We are going to be burning hot at 44 degrees C. We are going to melt🔥🔥🔥

oircpfdds2tw.jpg

Can't believe it as Christmas is just next Tuesday 🤶🎅🎄 What are you guys doing? It would be a quiet celebration for us, just the 4 of us. Mom and her sisters have left for Hong Kong. Not sure why they wanted to go there right now as its still not safe🤔😞 Oh well....

Hope you guys will wake up to a beautiful cool day😘
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    It's SUPER cold here! Was down in the single digits today - We're doing our normal Christmas with the fam and hubbies <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Your in maintenance, Yay!!! :)

I will be having 3 Christmas celebrations :p
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Its nice to be with family and hubbies during Christmas. Do you also visit your partner's family too? Wish its winter here again :lol: Its just so hot. It was so hot yesterday (Friday) that roads are melting in South Australia :(

jm3hmvvzzdiq.jpg
  • jadepearl
    @Brendalea69 - Thank you <3 Its so hard to be in maintenance :( More stories later! Wow, 3 celebrations :+1:<3
  • jadepearl
    Y2W23
    Maintenance Stage
    HW : 67 kg
    LW : 52.8 kg
    CW: 54 kg

Good evening OMADers <3

I weighed myself this morning and I am 54kg. Not too happy with it though but I guess I will just have to work harder to get down to 52-53 region. Maintenance stage is hard, I tell ya. I think I should weigh every day so that I know if I am gaining. The number on my scale will definitely put me in my place as I am crazy over numbers.

So, everyone has an official Before & After photo, right? I guess this will be mine then.

b6pubf7nm66r.jpg

I am trying to be around the 53 region and somehow, I still hope to see 52 on my scale as my lowest weight was 52.8kg. I am trying to love myself at this weight but Mom texted me this morning and said that since my thyroid cancer is Stage 0, I should loose more weight so that if I do faint, I can be easily carried by DH. DH was with me when I received my text and he took a photo while carrying me with one hand and text message Mom back. Thank goodness, Mom & her sisters are in HK and we will be in QLD for a small vacation.

Hope that everyone will be having a wonderful Friday! <3

Have a wonderful weekend, you guys! <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited December 2019
    For me maintenance was easy at first but then I started getting too comfortable and started not weighing myself and that was a big mistake. After I get these last few pounds back off I will be weighing myself a lot, not everday but at least twice a week. I hope it gets easier for you.

DO NOT listen to your mother!!! You look amazing just the way you are <3
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    That was a horrible thing for your mother to say. As long as you and the hubby are happy no one else really matters. You are healthy and you look great. Try not to let her get to you. I loved your husband’s response.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    OMG I'm so sorry you have to deal with that - Apologies, but I have NO PATIENCE for people like that. Get your own life, lady - I'm just over here being FABULOUS (that's my mental wish for a response from you to your mother LMAO). Your hubby is SO SWEET for his response - sounds like you got a great guy <3

GOOD LORD WITH THAT WEATHER!!! BLECH! I'll take the cold over that kinda heat every day of the week :D

Cedric's family doesn't really "family" in the traditional way - I've literally never even met his sister (granted she's in Dallas LOL) - and I haven't seen his mom in person in, I dunno, years? They don't do anything w family for the holidays, or pretty much otherwise. It's also why he struggles so much with understanding why my family gets upset if they don't see him for long periods of time and why he doesn't feel the need to be involved w family events basically AT ALL - it's one of our biggest struggles because my mom is basically my best friend, and we're a very tight-knit family...we fight like cats and dogs sometimes, but we're all in each others business good or bad...Cedric can't really handle that and it's tough *sigh*
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited December 2019
    Parents can be so cruel with their comments. I just emigrated overseas and pretty much went no contact for about 40 years. Now my dad is 90 and staring at eternity we’re good.

The fact is that you have worked hard to achieve your health goal, setting yourself up for years of good health and happiness. This is a blessing to yourself and your entire family.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Ugh. I'm so sorry your mom is like that. I know you're used to it, but it still sucks.
    You look amazing. You've come so far and you definitely are tiny now.
    Keep doing what you've been doing and keep being the amazing person you are.
  • jadepearl
    @Brendalea69 - Thank you <3 It have got used to Mom...she has been like so since I was young. However, sometimes, I still get p**t over it :lol: I tell ya, maintenance seems to be hard for me :( I think by weighing myself each morning, it helps me to ensure that I don't gain too much weight :joy:
  • jadepearl
    @LadyBlanks - Thank you <3 No worries as Mom is like that since eons ago. When DH first met her, OMG, he just couldn't stand her :lol: Now, DH is very quick in responding to her :lol: Oh well...
  • jadepearl
    @mistymeadows2005 - Thank you <3 I always envy those like you my dear who is best friends with your Mom. But, no worries... got used to Mom :lol:<3 Been with DH for more than 23 years <3
  • jadepearl
    @Abm4n - Thank you <3 I think Asian Moms are like so :( My Aunties are like that too with my cousins and that's why they are all into slimming pills,dieting, etc, etc, etc. I guess you can call me the black sheep of the family :lol: Hugs to you too <3