The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,941 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Today is our darkest day of the year. We had three seconds less daylight than yesterday, all clouds aside. Tomorrow we get about an extra second! Today we get eight hours, 49 minutes, and 13 seconds here at a latitude of 44.56 degrees north. At 20:19 this evening, or local star will cease its apparent southward journey and appear to stand still in the sky before it returns. Solstice is one of the most important moments in my annual cycle. May you enjoy yours and, if in the northern hemisphere, the return of the light. If you are south of the equator enjoy all the light you have today!

My friends host a solstice party every year. This year it actually takes place on the day of the solstice. YAY!

I'm ready for some longer days. It's hard to get some dog walks and hikes in on these short days.

The end of December and mid-to late February are always difficult for me. This year I'm planning a trip to the tropics to get out of the valley. My fear is I'll like it a LOT, and it's not something I can really afford to do that often.

Being a little south of me, you get seven extra minutes of daylight compared to me today. Enjoy it! Then, lift your glass to the skies at the moment of solstice -- approximately 21:19 your local time, and celebrate the return of the daylight!
  • Hi everyone, just got on here and hope to make some pals.
  • zaraizzy56
    zaraizzy56 Posts: 56 Member
    Good morning @lslandGal3, and everyone, Hope y'all have a awesome Sunday, and a great week coming up.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Sunday!!!
    What a busy weekend I left the house at 7am and didn't return until after 10 pm yesterday. Today we might have take a road trip to visit my cousin who's wife is in the hospital and if we don't do that I have two parties I can go to tonight. Ugh
    Hope your Sunday is relaxing and calm
  • sobri821
    sobri821 Posts: 7 Member
    Hey hey, need new friends. Call me! I mean add me.
  • MaggieRose73
    MaggieRose73 Posts: 12 Member
    46 years young here, I'm looking to loose 30 lbs. I am hoping to find some great support within this group.
  • MATA909
    MATA909 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi I’m Phillip. I want to lose ten pounds per month. I ride my Peloton for 30 minutes and I started doing P90X3 which is a six day and week program workouts 32 to 35 minutes each. Always looking for like minded friends.
  • Iron_Muscle_
    Iron_Muscle_ Posts: 5,095 Member
    Hello everyone. Hope everyone has a great week.
  • goals78
    goals78 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey guys bout to hit 42 and got a cruise planned....need to lose weight and stay focused. Would appreciate some FRIENDSHIP on here!!
  • TrueGrit732
    TrueGrit732 Posts: 52 Member
    edited December 2019
    45, super active, still competitive on group rides and weekend fondos, goal weight of 185 by June 1.
  • normajbowman
    normajbowman Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in! Seeking a chatroom to keep motivated and hopefully inspire others, especially those who think they need to give up on fitness and health just because they're getting older. Nothing is more sexy than a confident and healthy middle-ager!
  • ToBePriya
    ToBePriya Posts: 16 Member
    My goal was to be as fit as possible by 30.. but now I'm 31 and haven't reached my goal- so it's time to kick butt and get there :) Feel free to add me.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy holiday season everyone!!

I was up at 7am to do my groceries and now it's 9:45 and I have a cheesecake in the oven, meringues too, stock on the stove, will mix up a pound cake. It's gonna be a good Christmas I tell ya!
  • stacylentz2
    stacylentz2 Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone! Just getting started trying to get a little healthier & could really use the support. Looking forward to chatting with you!
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    :p Hi all! I feel so disrespected. Got an AARP membership card in the mail. I won’t be 50 for another 2 weeks.

50 year old ready for 2020...eat better, move more!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Merry Christmas to all from Australia 🎄🎅🎁🍻
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Merry Christmas from South Africa!
    https://youtu.be/-9JhV9oEeXg