Site is down with no notice.

Friends, I am perplexed. First, this app has completely crapped the bed. It is reporting "no internet connnection"and I definitely have one.
Second, my scale is down nearly two pounds from last week, and I haven't been exercising. I even had a few *kitten*-it-all days where I closed my diary and just kept eating. ???

Replies

• scaredofscale
    scaredofscale Posts: 24 Member
    Kitten lol.
  • nodau_iach
    nodau_iach Posts: 77 Member
    No issues with internet connection here, does the issue occur on both Wifi and mobile internet?

Gratz with the achievement :)
  • scaredofscale
    scaredofscale Posts: 24 Member
    Yes with both wifi and mobile :(
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,127 Member
    Same issue. An erroneous message of "no Internet" when clearly there is.
    I can read forums, log food, just the MFP newsfeed is broken. It was yesterday morning too.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Same here.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    I tried to get into my food diary and it kicked me out three times, shutting down my internet connection. Other sites aren't doing that, so it must be MFP.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    I got an application error when entering my weight yesterday and today. I have had to refresh every single entry of the food diary for the past couple of weeks.
  • geordiegirl1892
    geordiegirl1892 Posts: 53 Member
    still cant any exercise or food diaries this has now been like this for 3 or 4 days now will they ever manage to
    get it sorted

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Some software will produce a "no internet" error message when your device is able to connect with the initial internet-facing server, but that server can't connect to other servers it needs to reach in order to complete the task. I don't know whether that's what's happening here, but whether your device has a good internet connection is not the whole story.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Sometimes it helps to completely close down the app and restart.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Sometimes it helps to completely close down the app and restart.

Or reboot your device - phone, laptop, notepad or desktop.
  • Ostrich218
    Ostrich218 Posts: 14 Member
    edited December 2019
    I find this site quite buggy too, but then so am I ;)

With the weight loss, sometimes when you rest from an exercise programme, your muscles release water and the scale drops
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    Clear the cache on your device. I had the same issue a while back and that was the advice given by MFP Tech Support.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    This post/complaint was from like 6 months ago... :#
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    briscogun wrote: »

I think the thread was revived in order to spam, and that post has now been removed.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    briscogun wrote: »

I think the thread was revived in order to spam, and that post has now been removed.

Not only that, but it still goes down periodically. Just this morning I got a "Site down for maintenance" screen.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    edited May 2020
    Thanks briscogun. It was showing on my page 1, so I assumed it was recent. As I got that message about 'Site down for maintenance' about an hour earlier, it seemed a reasonable topic to be brought up.

ETA. But kshama is right - there was a post, immediately before mine, that I read and thought "what's that got to do with anything?" as it seemed to be advertising a utilities company. That post has now vanished.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Thanks briscogun. It was showing on my page 1, so I assumed it was recent. As I got that message about 'Site down for maintenance' about an hour earlier, it seemed a reasonable topic to be brought up.

ETA. But kshama is right - there was a post, immediately before mine, that I read and thought "what's that got to do with anything?" as it seemed to be advertising a utilities company. That post has now vanished.

Yes, confirming that you were not the one who bumped the thread - I saw the post before yours before it was zapped.