Thunderstorms

johncmooney4
johncmooney4 Posts: 2 Member
I really wish it was always thunderstorming. I love the extreme weather and feel so much better honestly on rainy days. Anyone else out there that loves thunderstorms?

Replies

• AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    I like them when I am trying to sleep. They help me a lot.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    The sound of distant thunder is lovely. I like rain to be quite heavy so I can hear it on the roof too so it's relaxing but not like it was in Feb. of this year when it flooded our house and we only moved home a few weeks ago after most of the year away from home. We are in drought now and miss the rain. Can't win.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,356 Member
    I really wish it was always thunderstorming. I love the extreme weather and feel so much better honestly on rainy days. Anyone else out there that loves thunderstorms?

Yes i love thunderstorms and lightning
    Used to go out even at night to make pictures of it
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    I like thunderstorms. Yes, I feel the dreary days give me the most energy. My sister and I are the only ones I know that scream “ I love the gloom!” to mopey coworkers on rainy days. The sunlight hurts my eyes, even with sunglasses.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Yes. I'm a weather geek and love severe weather. Living in Tornado Alley has it's perks.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I like it when they get me out of work early (I work for a school), but otherwise, I prefer sunshine.
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    I love storms! I have a million pics of thunderstorms and all things weather. One of my kiddos is a Severe Weather Storm Spotter for the NWS.

How interesting. Does your son (I'm assuming) have to go outside in terrible weather or is his work mostly done from computers & satellites today?

For me, I guess I'm the rare bird who doesn't care for thunder, but mostly as it's accompanied by lightning. The sound scares me a bit (not that I hide in a closet, but I don't want to be outside in it either)... I've seen fatal house fires caused by lightning strikes & have seen people killed by it when caught in water. Thunder makes me head indoors.

But, when I had kitties, they loved it. When they'd fight (they never got along), I'd put on a tape of soft thunderstorms, with bird/insect sounds & they'd quiet down, sit on either side of the speakers & purr up a storm.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Me! The one thing I miss the most about the Midwest are the spring and summer thunderstorms. I really miss them. It only rains here.. and the only time we get lightning or thunder is usually because a hurricane is on its way. :lol: