The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Merry Christmas peeps!
    🌲
  • pyro_guy7
    pyro_guy7 Posts: 104 Member
    Merry Christmas all! And also hello! I'm back on this app after an unfortunate hiatus...look forward to hanging out with you all again :)
  • Merry Christmas from Canada. Come join me to get fit and active !
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Merry Christmas to all from Australia πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽπŸ»

Oh. Your time is always wrong. :D

Finally I've just had my Christmas meal. And I guess its Thursday morning for you already now.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Merry Christmas to all from Australia πŸŽ„πŸŽ…πŸŽπŸ»

Oh. Your time is always wrong. :D

Finally I've just had my Christmas meal. And I guess its Thursday morning for you already now.

πŸ˜ƒ lol.. yep you are correct, it's Thursday morning we call it Boxing Day.
    I hope you had a great Christmas Day Tony πŸ€—πŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ…
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Yes I'm stuffed. Big crowd at my brother's house, and simply too much food.
  • pyro_guy7
    I need to put all my calories in...I'm very afraid too :D
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    We had the grandmothers over for Christmas so dinner is over by 4:15. No I can use my extra time to boil up my turkey carcass. Yay.

Hope everyone had a fun day today
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I am logging my food today. For the first time in months! It is bad. Please excuse me if I'm cranky for the next year

I've been out of it for the last week thanks to the holidays, and the scale this morning wasn't pretty. However, as I know you don't gain 10 lbs in a week, that I had ham yesterday (always causes me to pick up water weight), and that its "that" time for me, I know that what I saw this morning isn't a reflection of what is my true weight, so I'll just get back on the horse today and get back into my routine, and everything should turn out fine. I'll give it a few days before I take a true weigh in, and we'll see what the real damage actually was.

Meanwhile, today is probably a really good day for a fast :)
  • AliNouveau
    I am logging my food today. For the first time in months! It is bad. Please excuse me if I'm cranky for the next year

I've been out of it for the last week thanks to the holidays, and the scale this morning wasn't pretty. However, as I know you don't gain 10 lbs in a week, that I had ham yesterday (always causes me to pick up water weight), and that its "that" time for me, I know that what I saw this morning isn't a reflection of what is my true weight, so I'll just get back on the horse today and get back into my routine, and everything should turn out fine. I'll give it a few days before I take a true weigh in, and we'll see what the real damage actually was.

Meanwhile, today is probably a really good day for a fast :)

I'm scared to weigh in. It's also "that time" for me so I know I am extra spongy because of that. Once it's over I'll maybe hit the scale or just workout more with my newly found time post holidays
  • kenthepainter2
    kenthepainter2 Posts: 58 Member
    I wont be weighing in for a few weeks, I don't need a mental downward spiral right now !
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member

Holiday goodies are everywhere. I have to wear a swimsuit in 3 weeks. Pray for me...

Yeah, we still have so many leftovers, all of them are kamakazi calorie explosions! I haven't even got to supper yet and I have just over 200kcal left!
  • jestog63
    jestog63 Posts: 84 Member
    Too many leftovers, already sick of ham, if that's possible, also still some Christmas eve eve pasta in fridge. Physical therapy only thing keeping me anywhere near active right now, great holiday but even better times to come in Jan with a return to physical activity.
  • Hi, my name is Annie and I'm 48. This is going to be a long road for me but I am going to enjoy the journey. Feel free to add :)
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    My leftovers go to my friends animal rescue shelter πŸ‘
  • pyro_guy7
    Massive amounts of leftovers are such a killer for me, because I just can't let food go to waste! Also, when the food is free...goodbye goals 😭
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Massive amounts of leftovers are such a killer for me, because I just can't let food go to waste! Also, when the food is free...goodbye goals 😭

was it the starving kids in Africa? Or perhaps India? lol I was raised with that "you don't leave anything on your plate" and "finish your dinner" mentality, and now its really coming to haunt me because I too hate to leave anything. The idea of just eating half of a meal never really works for me. The other day, to save calories, I got my near-daily turkey slider and decide to only eat half the bun, and it was a hard time throwing that top away! It was a little easier the next day - I through it out for the birds :)
  • MAllen2699
    MAllen2699 Posts: 2 Member
    It’s the day after Christmas and there’s tons of left overs in the house! I’m just trying to find the energy to get moving. I’m in my mid 40’s and I’ve never had trouble losing weight until now. Hoping to find inspiration in this great group of people.
  • AliNouveau
    So we went for a walk to get brunch. Then groceries. Luckily I had a helper because I bought too many groceries for one person to carry home but I guess that makes my walk home with a little weight resistance. Now it's preparing the leftovers for a new meal for Saturday and making some new to add to it. It never ends