What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I went bouldering for 100 minutes. This was quite an average session, although I got one harder one towards the end. (I used my head against an overhang as third point of contact. So I get zero marks for style, some marks for pragmatism.)
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Just my usual weights workout and a short easy 4k run to loosen up from yesterday's 12k
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    5,493 C2 rowing machine meters, again completing the C2 200k Holiday Challenge, plus a little nibble extra, and one day before the last day.

Not shooting for anything in particular this workout (except adequate technique), just trying to bash through it, because my schedule made it most workable to do it fasted, which I hate. For the 4k of work pieces, 2:28.4 pace, at 22spm. Z3 (48%), only a little Z4 (3%), rest lower.

I think I'm figuring out that I dislike fasted workouts so much because my heart rate is a bit lower at the same watt output (which seems like it might be a good thing, but no): It just feels worse (harder). Last night's first 2 2k pieces were about the same split/watts as today's two, but my heart rate was a little lower today, and it felt harder. Ugh.

Last week, I hit 830 Garmin active minutes, 5.5x the default goal of 150 (which I assume is based on governmental recommendations for 150 minutes of moderate activity per week, or 75 of vigorous). Garmin counts moderate minutes as 1 "active minute" each, vigorous minutes as 2 "active minutes" each. This week . . . I won't. :lol:

It's calendar time for a volume drop, for me. Li'l ol' lady only does this stuff for fun, mostly.

Merry Christmas (or holiday of your choice) to all!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    12,102m to finish off the holiday challenge, but first there was much faffing around with the slides. The floor in the room that I was in has a slight slant, and thus. There are multiple pieces of carpet scraps specifically for dealing this issue. If we don't include the first 2,500m when I was dealing with that, my average split was around 2:12
    aokoye wrote: »
    Erging because of dock maintenance and a ton of rain. Around 14,300m including warming up and cooling down. 12,102m until I finish the Holiday Challenge.

You and Ann made me want to look at how far off I am - I had that 10 days off from that cyst under my arm (I think like the first five days or so of the challenge, maybe longer). Even with that, I'm only 16K away from making it to 100K. Might be achievable after all -- 10K today and 6K tomorrow is very doable.

16k is totally doable. Totally totally doable.
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Today was a good day at the gym😊bq837anhm3lu.png
    b4oq45cmsf5t.png
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    15 min usual wake-up out of bed stretching

To the gym!

20 min dynamic warm-up
    5 min rowing machine warm-up
    10 burpees
    KB turkish get-up (warm-up with 35lb)
    60 min strength training (tired today so actually decreased the weights on lifting)
    15 min additional physio exercises
    30 min stretching

Spa...
  • drmwc
    80 minutes bouldering.

This was an OK session. The gym was very crowded - it seemed to be a popular Christmas Eve use. I worked on a lot of overhanging and cave routes, and got pumped relatively quickly; hence the shorter duration of this session.
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Leg day...again 😞 8x8 volume training is kickin my butt 🤣
  • 1972ChrisJG
    1972ChrisJG Posts: 43 Member
    My workout today was a session on the turbo trainer....
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    BOOM 💥! BACK AT IT!!

t1a51g1uufq0.png
    gxg1nh70eugl.png
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Back on the fitness train (Took some time off work, and am newly refreshed and ready to rock):

1.5 mile run, 30 minutes of yoga for today.
  • jlhalley7835

ij2hofvhq629.png

8x8 Volume Training subbed out Barbell incline instead of incline dumbbell flys, subbed dumbbell bench press for barbell press, subbed cable tricep extensions for dumbbell pullovers, subbed knee raises for air bike.

Added 3x10 facepulls, 3 sets of t bar rows, and 3 sets of wide bar cable rows.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    spin class
  • AnnPT77
    spin class

Me, too! :)
  • jlhalley7835
    1tqvjnb581wq.jpg
    Decided to go for a quick ride today too
  • jlhalley7835
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I did 35 minutes on the elliptical, and some stretching.

i looked at the elliptical today, and just walked past it like it didn't exist. I should have gotten on it.
  • drmwc
    edited December 2019
    90 minutes bouldering.

An average session, got some hard stuff but fell off a lot as well. The crux of one was right at the top, and it was a pumpy climb before that. I did not enjoy that one.

My legs are now sore.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    1.5 mile run, 1 mile walk, another 30 minutes of yoga... need more stretching though. :)
  • jlhalley7835
    edited December 2019
    Shoulder and Arms today.

Subbed barbell shoulder press for standing dumbbell press, subbed seated incline curls for barbell curls. Added 3 sets of face pulls, and 3x21 shoulder and bicep burnouts (7x3 @ 15 of side, front , and delt raises; 7x3@45 of barbell curls, 7 upper 1/2 reps, 7 lower 1/2 reps, 7 full reps

9rucz5rcjuol.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    Just under 7k, rowing machine, as 3x2k on, 2' off/CD, in two separate chunks because of schedule nonsense.