WAISTAWAYS DECEMBER CHAT

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    I ate way too much yesterday. I still have a slight stomach ache. But that's ok. One day a year never hurt anyone.

I hope everyone had a lovely day, however you spent it. :)

@jugar do you want me to post another reading thing? Do you have enough for the week?

I would love it if you could post another reading thing! I did yesterday and today - so if you could do tomorrow, that would be fantastic. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Yo ho all!

We have a couple more new members to welcome! The registrations are coming in steadily, all kinds of people revving up for those new year's resolutions. Please feel free to friend the new folks and remind them to come on in and post even though they are not yet part of the "official" weigh-ins until January 5th, but they can come here and get acquainted.

So let's welcome @mrsjar5311 and @mrs_chivonne to Team WaistAways! The assignments are just by order of arrival, but I thought it was amazing that we ended up with 2 "mrs" usernames. In any case -- more friends :heart:
  • mrs_chivonne
    mrs_chivonne Posts: 45 Member
    Glad to be apart of this wonderful family! I’m dedicated to living a healthier life and meeting new friends along the way. 😊
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    So let's welcome @mrsjar5311 and @mrs_chivonne to Team WaistAways! The assignments are just by order of arrival, but I thought it was amazing that we ended up with 2 "mrs" usernames. In any case -- more friends

Welcome!! More new teammates, YaY!! 👏🏼👏🏼🎉🎉💪🏼💪🏼
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    So let's welcome @mrsjar5311 and @mrs_chivonne to Team WaistAways! The assignments are just by order of arrival, but I thought it was amazing that we ended up with 2 "mrs" usernames. In any case -- more friends :heart:

Welcome to the best online group you could ever be a part of! :)
  • AmyRobF
    AmyRobF Posts: 97 Member
    PW 208.5
    CW 210

I thought I did ok but the scale says no. We did have ham for Christmas so maybe the sodium? I don’t know.

Really going to work towards a great loss for my first January weigh in.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Friday weigh in
    PW 172.8
    CW 173.6

Welcome to all our new members!!
  • jugar
    Happy Friday!

Another beautiful morning down here in Charlotte NC - and there is a freezing rain and snow warning at home. Glad I'm not travelling until tomorrow! I'm heading out to enjoy the balmy weather shortly, and thank you for getting some of those lovely numbers in. My weigh-in was not TOO scary this morning. It is someone else's old scale, so I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it seems I stayed at the same weight this week. We'll see how accurate that is when I get home... But we're all determined for this coming week and then into January, right???

I think we are going to make January the Everyone Lose One Pound Per Week Month. Anyone with less than 10 pounds to lose can cut that to 0.5 pound per week, and anyone at maintenance should stay there. In other words, a completely, 100% GREEN month. No red numbers on the spreadsheet at all. Do you think we can do that?

To help us along, we will be posting a habit tracker that anyone can use, and I strongly encourage you to open up your food diary here on MFP so your friends can check up on you even better :grimace: Accountability at its finest!

So get ready. We still have another week and a bit to go, so let's plan. Any other ideas that might help along the way?

Tally ho!
  • jugar
    @mrs_chivonne - it is always wonderful to see another short person on our team :wink: (at least it looks that way in your lovely photo!). You will be in good company here. We have the extra challenge of needing fewer calories than our taller friends, but we can do it! Be sure to tell us a few things about yourself, and gradually you'll get to know everyone here. It is a bit quiet right now due to the holidays, but things will be picking up soon, I'm sure.
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Hello everyone! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Tomorrow is my 40th wedding anniversary. Celebrating with my husband and adult kids by going out to a nice vegan restaurant. Hopefully not too calorific!! :)

All the best for a great year end.
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Hello everyone!!! I’m new to the group. So excited for this challenge :smile:
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Made a great vegan dish tonight..

https://www.thebuddhistchef.com/recipe/millet-pie/

I used phyllo sheets on the top only so not too much pastry. So delicious. Kind of like a vegan tourtiere pie.
  • jugar

Welcome, @bunnybuns1111 ! There are several new members for January, and you are absolutely welcome to join in here in the end of our December run, and you will be part of the official team as of January 5th. Let us know a bit about you, and get to know some of your wonderful new teammates. I hope you will find this team as helpful as we have!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,211 Member
    Weigh in! Did i really not post?
    PW - 149.4
    Cw - 149.6

I am so sorry...
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,211 Member
    STEPS:
    12/19 - 14332
    12/20 - 11952
    12,/21 - 9341
    12/22 - 14926
    12/ 23 - 12971
    12/ 24 - Q5823
    12/25 - 7399
    12/26 - 11892
    12/27 - 17332

SORRY...I just aired this week!!!
  • micki48
    Hello everyone! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Tomorrow is my 40th wedding anniversary. Celebrating with my husband and adult kids by going out to a nice vegan restaurant. Hopefully not too calorific!! :)

All the best for a great year end.

@Andreabroadley Happy anniversary to you. Congratulations on 40 years!!! Have a great dinner with hubby and so happy to hear from you more often.
  • micki48

Hi @bunnybuns1111 So glad to have you here. This is a wonderful group. I have learned so much being part of this great team. There is so much support and motivation to be found here. Looking forward to a wonderful 2020.
  • micki48
    Hope everyone is doing well. I have had my kids and their partners here every day since Christmas and, of course, my sweet little granddaughter. We have had lots of food here and I have tried my best, but this getting together and sharing food doesn't happen very often. AND I BOUGHT SOOOOOO MUCH CHEESE! Ok, there. I admit it. :p Hopefully while all 7 of us are together, much of it will be disposed of. So, I weigh in tomorrow. I have no idea how I am doing as my scale is in the room where my son and his girlfriend are staying. I took the scale out earlier, so I will be able to weigh in tomorrow. But, I have no idea where this week has put me. We will see. I did go out and take a walk yesterday. But we've also had drinks every day. It was beautiful out, around 65 degrees here. Got to get my head back in the game. I have been busy and have not been logging all my food. So hopefully, I'll be better tomorrow. That's my plan...get back on track tomorrow. I'm sending cookies and food home with my son and his gf and my daughter and her husband.

How are you all managing this time of year? I know it has been mentioned, but I think people have been busy. What are your goals for 2020? or even just for January? @jugar I definitely want to be a one pound a week person for January.

My goals for 2020 are...

*to lose another 25-30 pounds
    *make exercise a habit by exercising 150 minutes a week. (I will get weekly cardio work done as well as strength training with the upper and lower body routines I now have. I will use my subscription to my online pilates program, even if it is only 15 minutes. I need to make it a priority, not a last thought.)
    *I will log all of my food.
    *Be sure to get 80 ounces of water a day.
    *Finish the two books I have started and not finished asap.
    *Check in here daily to offer support, motivation, and have accountability.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,357 Member
    my weighin today was 215.0 but yesterday, my official day was 217.6, whichever you want to use.

My mom has been visiting for Christmas and staying in the room with my computer. Everything is off track and i haven't been drinking water. I am getting back on board though.
    @andreabroadley CONGRATULATIONS lots of clapping from me
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 276 Member
    edited December 2019
    Hello! I’m new. Can someone please give me a little information about what I should be doing for the January 2020 challenge?

Also, My weigh day is Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.