b4oq45cmsf5t.png
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Posts: 251Member Member Posts: 251Member Member
    15 min usual wake-up out of bed stretching

To the gym!

20 min dynamic warm-up
    5 min rowing machine warm-up
    10 burpees
    KB turkish get-up (warm-up with 35lb)
    60 min strength training (tired today so actually decreased the weights on lifting)
    15 min additional physio exercises
    30 min stretching

Spa...
  • drmwcdrmwc Posts: 334Member, Premium Member Posts: 334Member, Premium Member
    80 minutes bouldering.

This was an OK session. The gym was very crowded - it seemed to be a popular Christmas Eve use. I worked on a lot of overhanging and cave routes, and got pumped relatively quickly; hence the shorter duration of this session.
  • jlhalley7835jlhalley7835 Posts: 187Member Member Posts: 187Member Member
    Leg day...again 😞 8x8 volume training is kickin my butt 🤣
  • 1972ChrisJG1972ChrisJG Posts: 30Member Member Posts: 30Member Member
    My workout today was a session on the turbo trainer....
  • BrownSugar174BrownSugar174 Posts: 266Member Member Posts: 266Member Member
    BOOM 💥! BACK AT IT!!

t1a51g1uufq0.png
    gxg1nh70eugl.png
  • JustSomeEmJustSomeEm Posts: 17,621Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 17,621Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    Back on the fitness train (Took some time off work, and am newly refreshed and ready to rock):

1.5 mile run, 30 minutes of yoga for today.

ij2hofvhq629.png

8x8 Volume Training subbed out Barbell incline instead of incline dumbbell flys, subbed dumbbell bench press for barbell press, subbed cable tricep extensions for dumbbell pullovers, subbed knee raises for air bike.

Added 3x10 facepulls, 3 sets of t bar rows, and 3 sets of wide bar cable rows.
  • MostlyWaterMostlyWater Posts: 4,124Member Member Posts: 4,124Member Member
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 14,234Member Member Posts: 14,234Member Member
    spin class

Me, too! :)
    1tqvjnb581wq.jpg
    Decided to go for a quick ride today too
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Posts: 2,239Member Member Posts: 2,239Member Member
    I did 35 minutes on the elliptical, and some stretching.
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I did 35 minutes on the elliptical, and some stretching.

i looked at the elliptical today, and just walked past it like it didn't exist. I should have gotten on it.
  • drmwcdrmwc Posts: 334Member, Premium Member Posts: 334Member, Premium Member
    90 minutes bouldering.

An average session, got some hard stuff but fell off a lot as well. The crux of one was right at the top, and it was a pumpy climb before that. I did not enjoy that one.

My legs are now sore.
    edited December 2019
  • JustSomeEmJustSomeEm Posts: 17,621Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 17,621Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    1.5 mile run, 1 mile walk, another 30 minutes of yoga... need more stretching though. :)
    Shoulder and Arms today.

Subbed barbell shoulder press for standing dumbbell press, subbed seated incline curls for barbell curls. Added 3 sets of face pulls, and 3x21 shoulder and bicep burnouts (7x3 @ 15 of side, front , and delt raises; [email protected] of barbell curls, 7 upper 1/2 reps, 7 lower 1/2 reps, 7 full reps

9rucz5rcjuol.jpg
    edited December 2019
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 14,234Member Member Posts: 14,234Member Member
    Just under 7k, rowing machine, as 3x2k on, 2' off/CD, in two separate chunks because of schedule nonsense.
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,497Member Member Posts: 3,497Member Member
    An hour and 25 min on Zwift because I was unable to will myself to go and erg and I needed some sort of aerobic exercise*. Even that involved making sure that I had lubed my chain, made sure that the batteries in my power meter were working (note to self, get rechargeable batteries for the power meter), and inflated my rear tire (wheel on trainer) before I left for breakfast and grocery shopping.

When I say that I try to lower the barriers to exercising, I really mean it. That said, while I feel like I "should have" erged today, I did get to try out Zwift's new(ish) mountain biking course. Another plus is that my Garmin 935 suggested that my FTP had jumped 10 watts since I last tested it on October 15th (and then proceeded to do next to no riding). Given that it's typically spot on (or within a watt or two) when I do FTP tests on TrainerRoad and that I road for over an hour uninterrupted, I'm willing to believe it. I blame erging and maybe lifting, but mainly erging ;)

*Unstructured riding on Zwift is my go to when I am in or about to be in a rut of not exercising/not exercising frequently and am having trouble getting out of it.
    edited December 2019
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Posts: 251Member Member Posts: 251Member Member
    Usual wake-up out of bed stretching

To the gym!

20 min dynamic warm-up
    5 min rowing machine warm-up
    10 burpees
    60 min strength training
    then finish KB get-ups 40lbs
    and BFR to fail leg presses
    30 min foam roll, stretch/cool down

Spa...
  • BrownSugar174BrownSugar174 Posts: 266Member Member Posts: 266Member Member
    One thing I have to remember in 2020 is to start my Apple Watch when I'm doing work around the house etc. The thing I'm trying to figure out with my Apple Watch is why I don't get credit for all the calories burned during my workout? The only calories which seem to show up in diary are the "active" calories. For example, yesterday I burned 609 "total" calories on the elliptical but only 463 of those calories counted as "active" and showed up in my diary :/