Bigger is better ?

Replies

• 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    I don’t assume a really big guy is a player, I assume he uses gear and spends too much time working out to be a good companion unless you want to work out with him. Also most of the huge guys at our gym are gay, so I might assume he wasn’t interested in me until proven otherwise.

That's a lot of assumptions for one Paragraph. ;-)

To me, and admittedly, I'm bias, as I am a guy, but this seems like a totally legit question.

Are women not "generally" more attracted to muscular / In shape guys?

Also, if I guys dedicates 2 hours a day to the gym, he's somehow not capable of being a good companion? Verses? Two hours of watching TV, gaming? etc etc..

Cheers,
  • DanMillward68
    DanMillward68 Posts: 19 Member
    I'd imagine, as women aren't programmed the same, just like us men.. They have differing preferences.

God forbid they are allowed to vote eh?!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    11Templars wrote: »
    I don’t assume a really big guy is a player, I assume he uses gear and spends too much time working out to be a good companion unless you want to work out with him. Also most of the huge guys at our gym are gay, so I might assume he wasn’t interested in me until proven otherwise.

To me, and admittedly, I'm bias, as I am a guy, but this seems like a totally legit question.

Also, if I guys dedicates 2 hours a day to the gym, he's somehow not capable of being a good companion? Verses? Two hours of watching TV, gaming? etc etc..

Cheers,

It is a lot of assumptions! We all make assumptions on first sight. Hopefully we are also open to changing them when we learn more about the individual.

Actually my husband used to be a gaming addict (that’s one of the risks of making games for a living) and being married to an exercise addict might be an improvement. I would be fine with working out two hours a day with a gym bro, if he was fine with running with me. But that’s just one woman’s opinion. As has been said elsewhere different strokes for different folks!

I’ve only ever dated one really huge guy, years ago when I was in college, and he was a beauty. It was kind of fun walking into places with him and having everyone in the room sit up and take notice. But then it wasn’t fun having all the women in the room sniping at me in a “Why is he with her?” sort of way. Also, he was exhausting to be around, because he spent most of his time thinking about himself and his appearance. It’s not so much that bodybuilders are narcissistic as that looking great takes hard work, so, man or woman, anyone who looks exceptionally good probably has looking good as a hobby.

Physically my perfect type would be muscular but “yoked”, what they call aesthetic. I’m totally into big back muscles. But I married a guy who is sort of average build and not that fit.
  • 11Templars

Cheers,

It is a lot of assumptions! We all make assumptions on first sight. Hopefully we are also open to changing them when we learn more about the individual.

Actually my husband used to be a gaming addict (that’s one of the risks of making games for a living) and being married to an exercise addict might be an improvement. I would be fine with working out two hours a day with a gym bro, if he was fine with running with me. But that’s just one woman’s opinion. As has been said elsewhere different strokes for different folks!

I’ve only ever dated one really huge guy, years ago when I was in college, and he was a beauty. It was kind of fun walking into places with him and having everyone in the room sit up and take notice. But then it wasn’t fun having all the women in the room sniping at me in a “Why is he with her?” sort of way. Also, he was exhausting to be around, because he spent most of his time thinking about himself and his appearance. It’s not so much that bodybuilders are narcissistic as that looking great takes hard work, so, man or woman, anyone who looks exceptionally good probably has looking good as a hobby.

Physically my perfect type would be muscular but “yoked”, what they call aesthetic. I’m totally into big back muscles. But I married a guy who is sort of average build and not that fit.

I like you!... for realz..

I was teasing about the "assumptions" .. I am somewhat gifted about assuming things.. Plus I like the word..

Cheers,
  • 11Templars
    I'd imagine, as women aren't programmed the same, just like us men.. They have differing preferences.

God forbid they are allowed to vote eh?!

I appreciate where you're coming from on this brother. Hence the reason I said; "Generally"..

I my self am attracted to "Thicker" woman, so ya, we all have our thing..
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I have never been attracted to a muscular look. I like my guy very lean. To each their own.

Ditto. Although I have tremendous admiration for the amount of hard work and dedication that goes into achieving (naturally built) muscles, it's not a look that I find attractive.
  • maggie4991
    maggie4991 Posts: 19 Member
    I personally think muscular men are extremely attractive, not just physically. I think the dedication is admirable, it shows drive and commitment. Everyone has a different view though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    🤔
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member

Cheers,

FYI all her assumptions about “fit men” apply to me when I’m training...and worse 😂

So long as we’re going with fun stereotypes, it’s like the weekend brunch camp vs weekend warriors
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    edited December 2019
    I think though people are attracted to a certain physique, that isn’t necessarily what they end up with. Because there is more to someone than their body. I am attracted to a certain type of fit. I ended up with a dad bod. I’m sure he ( my husband) is attracted to certain type of woman as well, and he ended up with something very different as well.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    some women are all about the big muscular build. But it’s always about getting lucky... some people are lucky, some people are not. The one thing I don’t understand is why women are attracted to the dad bod. Must be genes... a lot of women are just wired a certain way.

What's wrong with the dad bod in particular?
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I have never been attracted to a muscular look. I like my guy very lean. To each their own.

Ditto. Although I have tremendous admiration for the amount of hard work and dedication that goes into achieving (naturally built) muscles, it's not a look that I find attractive.

Yeah I can respect it too.

I just never found that look visually appealing.

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited December 2019
    I agree personality comes first nothing is worse than that I’m very outgoing affectionate I’d say im funny too.

But just can not find a women

i like average doesn’t need to look anything special more natural the better infact

I think most look and say oh meathead but I do enjoy the fitness lifestyle and would like to enjoy it with someone

We all like different body types. You’ll never please us all. Just like how no women can achieve a figure that ALL men will like.
    Also, the personality compatibility is more important in holding a relationship together. Otherwise, hot guys and ladies wouldn’t breakup just like other couples do.
    As far as women looking at you and thinking “meathead”, if someone isn’t even talking to you just because of that initial impression, she’s probably not going to be right for you anyway. I do agree with Foo in that some people may be intimidated, so you may have to talk to them first. Show them that awesome personality you are describing, and let it go whichever way it’s going to go from there.
    Also, some people are just lucky in meeting the right person and some have a harder time.
    Good luck!
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Eh...looks are just the initial thing that makes a person get noticed. Most people aren't shallow enough to base everything else on that alone. For me, it's about being able to have an actual connection. Conversation, joking with each other, intelligence, sexual compatibility, common interests, etc. When I connect with a person, the physical aspect fades into the background more.

Don't rely only on looks.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »

Don't rely only on looks.

Phew !!