What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited December 2019
    An hour and 25 min on Zwift because I was unable to will myself to go and erg and I needed some sort of aerobic exercise*. Even that involved making sure that I had lubed my chain, made sure that the batteries in my power meter were working (note to self, get rechargeable batteries for the power meter), and inflated my rear tire (wheel on trainer) before I left for breakfast and grocery shopping.

When I say that I try to lower the barriers to exercising, I really mean it. That said, while I feel like I "should have" erged today, I did get to try out Zwift's new(ish) mountain biking course. Another plus is that my Garmin 935 suggested that my FTP had jumped 10 watts since I last tested it on October 15th (and then proceeded to do next to no riding). Given that it's typically spot on (or within a watt or two) when I do FTP tests on TrainerRoad and that I road for over an hour uninterrupted, I'm willing to believe it. I blame erging and maybe lifting, but mainly erging ;)

*Unstructured riding on Zwift is my go to when I am in or about to be in a rut of not exercising/not exercising frequently and am having trouble getting out of it.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Usual wake-up out of bed stretching

To the gym!

20 min dynamic warm-up
    5 min rowing machine warm-up
    10 burpees
    60 min strength training
    then finish KB get-ups 40lbs
    and BFR to fail leg presses
    30 min foam roll, stretch/cool down

Spa...
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    One thing I have to remember in 2020 is to start my Apple Watch when I'm doing work around the house etc. The thing I'm trying to figure out with my Apple Watch is why I don't get credit for all the calories burned during my workout? The only calories which seem to show up in diary are the "active" calories. For example, yesterday I burned 609 "total" calories on the elliptical but only 463 of those calories counted as "active" and showed up in my diary :/
  • aokoye
    Rowing: 10k in a double this morning. It was a very good row and we totally held our own with the three 8s that were also out.
  • Bari_Tone
    Bari_Tone Posts: 45 Member
    1.25+ mile free-style swim...50 minutes = 1 piece of carrot cake (but is so worth it B) )
  • Bari_Tone
    Bari_Tone Posts: 45 Member
    One thing I have to remember in 2020 is to start my Apple Watch when I'm doing work around the house etc. The thing I'm trying to figure out with my Apple Watch is why I don't get credit for all the calories burned during my workout? The only calories which seem to show up in diary are the "active" calories. For example, yesterday I burned 609 "total" calories on the elliptical but only 463 of those calories counted as "active" and showed up in my diary :/

@BrownSugar174 - I sent you a FR and can help with your Apple Watch
  • LiftingUnicorn
    LiftingUnicorn Posts: 615 Member
    Legs...Romanian deadlift, squats, leg press, leg extension and curl and some calf raises
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    45 min aerobics, 25 min piYo buns...25 min step aerobics on my new 9"step
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    7kdn2f9lujnz.png
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Up at 545am and breakkie before a 5k run round my village. Bit too dark and scary for me though so ill leave it another hour next time so i get the sunrise. Im reflectance viz and chest lit up to the eyeballs so I must scare the milkmen and early travellers a bit lol
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Today’s workout was an 8 hour day hauling fire wood and putting in fence posts. I’m tired and guaranteed to be sore tomorrow.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    After a quick warm-up, swam out to a deep sea canyon where a group of turtles live. Some current taking us out, and resistance on the way back. About 90 min total. Lots of marine life as usual.
  • aokoye
    Second workout: 50 min on Zwift. I'm tentatively thinking about doing one of their shorter FTP plans and this was workout one of that. Essentially 50 min of recovery intervals.
  • aokoye
    Another ~10k in a double. The exact same boat, the exact same position, the same stroke coach (little computer thing that's like a bike computer), a different person in bow, and a much less enjoyable time getting off the dock. I don't enjoy it when my heart rate elevated when I haven't even started rowing.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Sat 12/28: 130 pushups (40 20 20 20, 30), 45 min spin bike
    Today 12/29: 100 pushups (40 20 20 20), 45 min spin bike
  • Emma_Charlotte123
    Emma_Charlotte123 Posts: 65 Member
    30 minute swim and spa....
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    edited December 2019
    Morning: 10 mile walk with around 5 hills. I did it quite quickly, as I'd forgotten to pack any lunch. I found a parrot at the top of a hill - I'm seeing if I can use Facebook to reunite it with its owner.

Afternoon: Walk to the pool, and a 1 mile swim. I got 26,000 steps in total, so not a bad day's effort.

s99krifacrfa.jpg
  • aokoye
    drmwc wrote: »
    Morning: 10 mile walk with around 5 hills. I did it quite quickly, as I'd forgotten to pack any lunch. I found a parrot at the top of a hill - I'm seeing if I can use Facebook to reunite it with its owner.

Afternoon: Walk the pool, and a 1 mile swim. I got 26,000 steps in total, so not a bad day's effort.

s99krifacrfa.jpg

That is a much more brightly colored bird than the ones I typically see ;) I typically see great blue herons, bald eagles, geese, duck, seagulls, more geese...so many geese. I think I may have seen a few cormorants this morning and yesterday as well (they might have a nest near our dock).

Hopefully the parrot gets reunited and also wasn't a victim of an owner dumping it somewhere.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    They are certainly not common in England!

It turned out that the owners free fly them there, so it wasn't lost.
  • aokoye
    drmwc wrote: »
    They are certainly not common in England!

It turned out that the owners free fly them there, so it wasn't lost.

Oh that's great to hear! You guys do have more swans though which aren't a thing on the river I row on.