14 days smoke free. Time to start eating right and bit it calories again!

Hey everyone,
I haven’t been here in a while. I quit smoking 14 days ago. I’ve been over eating junk food. It’s time for me to take my inner strength and start eating right again so I can be in the best shape of my life, as I continue to seek a new job.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Congrats on quitting and welcome back!
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Congrats on quitting and welcome back!
    Thank you
  • jayhschmidt
    jayhschmidt Posts: 32 Member
    That's great news! Quitting is nerve- wracking but really gets you excited about your health and future.

When I quit smoking, the first year was rough - I would think about cigarettes multiple times per day.

The second year, I still thought about cigarettes at least once per day.

But thankfully, by the third year, I was over smoking for good cause I didn't even think about it.

Now, many years after (I've lost track), I find it hard to remember that i used to be a cigarette addict.

Keep it up!
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Quitting is HARD! I quit 28 years ago and I still remember the cravings and irritability. Power through! Avoid activities where you used to smoke and focus on one day at a time. It’s soooo worth it!
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Good for you - it gets easier - I quit 20+ years ago
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    I will soon hit ten year mark. Keep your streak alive! If you haven't begun to notice, you will see that all the supposed obstacles to staying smoke free are mirages, FAKE easily busted through. This includes food and drink. If you drink coffee or enjoy adult beverage but always smoked with them, Guess What!?!? Once you nail this down permanently, YOU STILL CAN, if you choose. The only difference is that they will just be so much more enjoyable and depending on where you live, you won't have to worry about leaving tables or rooms of friends to go do that nasty out in weather. There is no downside to quitting!!
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    My motivation was of such strength (self directed rage at last failure) that the suppossed nerve wracking (mirage, your life stresses don't change) elements didn't amount to squat, especially with each and every mirage obstacle faced and busted through like the nothing they are made each "next" hour, day, week that much easier. These words are from someone who constantly succumbed to the mirage obstacles until finally seeing what they really are, nothing!!
    One must make any and all motivations to stop very personal, very exclusive to only you. Nothing anybody says here should matter if you've got that. It is how I finally did it and never once looked back except to remind myself how good it is not being there anymore!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Congrats on quitting! I quit 19 years ago for the last time. I finally had to recognize myself as an addict and realizing that for me “one more” is never an option. Over several years after quitting, when I found myself craving a cigarette, I reminded myself that the choice to have one was the choice to “be a smoker” again. This helped me tell myself no and feel more confident in the choice.
  • sflano1783
    sflano1783 Posts: 117 Member
    Op did you quit cold turkey?
  • pcfteixeira
    pcfteixeira Posts: 19 Member
    Congrats, I'm quitting today !!!! Amazing job there, keep going
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Congratulations to you!!! Stay strong and get this done; best thing you could ever do for your health!!!!
    Good luck to all who are beginning this non-smoking journey!! You are much tougher than you think you are. :)

As an incentive, you should stash away all the money you'll be saving by not buying cigarettes anymore and splurge on a vacation!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    That is wonderful! Congrats!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @successhere That's major. How's the food thing going for you now, everything falling into place?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Hello everyone,
    I have not been on this forum in months. I just wanted to share that I have been smoke free for 10 months and 3 days, and saved $2,863.00!!! :)

What a terrific update; congratulations!!! I think smoking is right up there as one of the hardest habits to break. But You've got this!!! So, when lock-downs end, where are you going with all your hard won cash? :)

Good work!!
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Hello everyone,
    I have not been on this forum in months. I just wanted to share that I have been smoke free for 10 months and 3 days, and saved $2,863.00!!! :)

@SuccessHere
    Congratulations on quitting! That's a monumental achievement.
    It's so cool to see all the money you've saved! I hope you do something great for yourself with all that cash.

• Skyler103
    Skyler103 Posts: 121 Member
    I quit smoking a month ago. I'm using the patch, so cig cravings arent so bad. They tell you about craving sweets when you quit, but I didn't expect it so be this bad! I've started exercising again, but it seems like every time I get on the scale, the number is even higher. I haven't tracked my food in a while, so getting back to that now. Good luck to everyone quitting right now!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    It can be tough to quit smoking so good on you for making that decision.