275 pounds

DyneSalcar
DyneSalcar Posts: 45 Member
edited December 2019 in Getting Started
Yikes! I had started losing the first few pounds at the beginning of 2019 but quickly got off track and my weight crept back up again until I hit a dreaded 275 pounds! As a woman at 5'6", even my 'big bones' (yes those are a thing) don't excuse the extra 115-125 pounds. It's like carrying a while person around as a backpack! I'm ready to find the healthy version of myself and say goodbye to the hitchhiker!

I would love some friends with similar goals or even not so similar goals. We're all here for better health!

ETA: My first goal is 247, which will bring be from obese class III to obese class II

Replies

• FlamingoMummy
    FlamingoMummy Posts: 8 Member
    Morning! I’m in the same boat as you DyneSalcar. Today is the start (apart from an Indian on New Year’s Eve).
    Last night I took photos of myself in a swim suit (not pretty!!) but all I’m thinking is this time next year......
    I’m here if you would like some support, I know I need it
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    I’m not quite at 275 but am close enough. My first goal is my pre-break up weight of 230. Yikes. In order to be accountable, What are you ladies doing? I’m making a conscious effort to cut out all white (sugar, bread) and walk at least 15 minutes 2x a week
  • DyneSalcar
    DyneSalcar Posts: 45 Member
    I’m not quite at 275 but am close enough. My first goal is my pre-break up weight of 230. Yikes. In order to be accountable, What are you ladies doing? I’m making a conscious effort to cut out all white (sugar, bread) and walk at least 15 minutes 2x a week

I've tried twice to reply to your comment but it keeps resetting me back on the front page. Third time's the charm hopefully! Right now I'm focusing on building the habit of logging all my food and staying within my calorie budget. Also trying to get some sort of movement daily, whether yoga, going for a walk, or even just dancing around the kitchen!
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    DyneSalcar wrote: »

I've tried twice to reply to your comment but it keeps resetting me back on the front page. Third time's the charm hopefully! Right now I'm focusing on building the habit of logging all my food and staying within my calorie budget. Also trying to get some sort of movement daily, whether yoga, going for a walk, or even just dancing around the kitchen!

I love that you're incorporating movement, and remembering that it doesn't have to involve changing clothes!! Welcome, @DyneSalcar , you're in a good place!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Welcome! I'm 5'6". Started at 220 and currently 195. My biggest piece of advice is to make small sustainable changes. Don't dive into everything all at once because it is easy to burn out, but just start making small changes until they all add up to get you to your goal. Also, forgive yourself and move on from the inevitable bad days or days off plan. We all have them, but moving on from them rather than giving up or beating yourself up is important for success in my opinion.
  • Maegan_MomOf3
    Maegan_MomOf3 Posts: 9 Member
    I will need 40 towards the end of the year. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but am near 250, 5'3". I need to change, for myself and my kids.
  • Healthymommy2020
    Healthymommy2020 Posts: 4 Member
    I’m also 5’6 at 253 lbs
    My goals for 2020:
    -Looking to lose 50 pounds by the end of 2020
    -go down two pants sizes by the end of 2020
    -run a 5K with my hubby
    I added you on MFP☺️