LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Thanks for the recipe😘 I love cookies 🍪🍪🍪
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I probably won't be posting before Christmas.
    So if I don't....

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
    Happy Holidays!!!!!!!

Now with that said... Stomach bug is going through the house right now. Yay.
    Daughter had it first. She was sick with it Friday. Then my older son came down with it last night. One moment he's wanting to watch scary YouTube ghost videos, the next he's projectile vomitting orange juice and pizza vomit.
    He's been sick and sleeping all day but thankfully finally seems to be better.
    Now to just wait for the youngest to get sick with it. Just hoping hubs and myself don't get it too bc I know we'll probably be worse off. Definitely won't be a one day thing for us old folks lol.

Anywho... Can't wait for Christmas!!!!
  • jadepearl
    Oh no....... <3<3<3 Hope everyone will get well soon <3<3<3
    Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you and your family <3
  • LiLee2018
    Hey everyone!! I hope you all are having a great day!
    Christmas was... messy. Still a giant mess in the house too. 3 kids and very enthusiastic/generous family and there is toys and toy trash EVERYWHERE!! UGH lol

But... starting carnivore tomorrow!! A couple of days early but we like starting things at the beginning of the week.
    I'm so ready though. SO READY!
    My body has been screaming at me to stop with the junk, but it also craves the junk every time I eat it. Like almost to the point of wanting to binge junk food. That's how much my body wants me to eat it.
    Moderation is NOT in my body's vocabulary when it comes to sugar and carbs. I can literally be bursting at the seams, but my body will be like "Go... go eat something else. We're not satisfied yet."

I also haven't weighed myself. Helps that our scale needed new batteries, but I still haven't weighed after they were replaced lol.
    I can see and feel the bloat and weight I've put on in this last month though and damn it's not pretty. I've probably set myself back a year.
    I don't plan on weighing for another week or 2 though. I know my body has A LOT of bloat it needs to dump. I also have AF coming up soon too (which has been getting more irregular too), so I know that's going to add to the scale.
    So I'm going to wait for all of that to come off, then I'll weigh to get a better idea of where I'm at.

Also on the OMAD front. I'm hoping that with going carnivore, it will be easier to go OMAD since hopefully eating meat will keep me feeling satisfied for longer. Carnivore is a lot more listening to your hunger and just eating. No real tracking of anything. At least that's what a lot of people say. I dunno... I'll have to wait and see what happens.
    At the start though, I plan on just eating while my body readjusts back to a strict diet. Then I'll take it from there. Hopefully readjusting won't take longer than a week or 2 but we'll see. FX for no keto flu!

And yup.... BRING IT 2020!!! I'm ready to kick some butt!!!

• LiLee2018
    Back to carnivore today and... AF showed up during the night. Feeling like a-- this morning b/c I slept horribly and got woken up early and good ole normal ttotm junk.
    Hey... at least hopefully I'll kill 2 birds with one stone I guess. If I develop any sort of keto flu, it will hopefully pass by the time AF goes away.

Like... 98-99% carnivore for the time being. Already had a cup of coffee w/ monk fruit and half and half and also ate some eggs w/ breakfast sausage patties. Sipping on a SF monster drink right now b/c momma needs caffeine!
    I do want to eventually start limiting all of that though. Not completely take it out, but limit it to when I definitely need the caffeine and when I'm just tired of water... which reminds me I need to clean my water jug.

Glad to finally be back on it though. Finally start feeling better again.
    I wonder if I felt like this before starting keto? I know I didn't always feel great, but I don't remember feeling nauseated and awful all the time. If I did.. I guess I just got used to it.

Anyway....
    I'm hoping a miracle will happen and I'll lose like 50lbs by March when my annual checkup is lol, but enthusiastically but realistically... just hoping for maybe.. 10lbs?
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    LMAO I know the feeling!!! Welcome back to plan love <3 I'm right there with ya!
  • LiLee2018
    Feeling much better today. Sleep is still a bit lacking but was a little better even with having to get up to pick up poop.
    Forgot that my gut doesn't do too well on high fat. Got reminded of it Sunday night and last night. Thought Sunday night was just b/c I was bloated and all that, but then after I ate the beef ribs I fixed last night... yeah.. it was b/c of the fat.
    I think my gut just can't handle the higher amount right now since it's JUST meat I'm eating. I'll have to limit my fat intake for now and see what happens.
    I do still have some enzymes left so I'll try using those too and see if it helps at all.

Had myself 2 cups of coffee this morning and simmered some pork neckbones in water, salt, pepper, garlic for a few hours. Had half for lunch and will have the other half for dinner. Saving the broth that it made to sip on.
    Just something I love about having to sort of work for my food. Like sucking on the bones to get off all the little bits and pieces. It's satisfying lol.
  • mistymeadows2005
    LMAO it's probably the cavemen in us!!! LMAOOOOO
  • LiLee2018
    Happy New Year everyone!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Carnivore is going well. A tiny bit of a struggle w/ craving something sweet after dinner, but not a huge deal.
    I did have a dream last night that I "accidentally" ate some cornbread lol.
    I was feeling ok yesterday until I suddenly wasn't. The dull headache I had just got worse and just ibuprofen alone didn't help.
    I don't think my body is dumping the extra water weight yet. Hopefully soon though.
    I was hoping this week would be my body adjusting back, but I think it will start next week. Hope not though and it's smooth sailing lol. That's when daughter goes back to school. Even though sleep is awful right now, at least I can somewhat sleep in (if the youngest sleeps in too).

Just gotta keep chugging along though!
    Last night I fixed 80/20 hamburger patties and shrimp for dinner. Didn't really go together all that well lol, but tasted good at least :)
    Tonight will be ham. Bought 2 before CHristmas. Fixed the spiral cut for family and the non-spiral cut one is for us :) No yummy sweet glaze for it, but it should still be delicious!
  • mistymeadows2005
    God bless ya babe, cause I could never do carnivore - get it girl! :)
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah it's definitely not a diet for everyone. But we all do what we're going to stick with :)
    So far so good on carnivore though. I am craving some breakfast sausage. Going to stock up on some tomorrow when we go grocery shopping. Plus it's something easy I can make in bulk and save some for later if I feel snacky or just if I don't want to cook lol.
    I'm still craving sweets, but it's not a strong craving thankfully.

And although I'm tired (don't think it's diet related, but it could be)... I'm already feeling SO much better. Still bloated some, but the aching and overall BLAH horrible feelings I was having while eating crap is almost gone. Still having some minor carpal tunnel pains but it's gotten better too.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Glad you're trending upward darling!!! Breakfast sausage is one of my WEAKNESSES!!! I DON'T KNOW WHYYYYYY!!!! :lol:
  • jadepearl
    Happy New Year to you and your family too <3
    Wow..I am impressed! I can't do the carnivore diet as I am not really a meat eater. I am a carbo eater though..lol Having said that, I love spam and sausages in my kimchi noodle...lol Glad to hear that you are feeling better now :+1: Keep up the good work! :)
  • LiLee2018
    I do love me some breakfast sausage and just had some after the grocery trip this morning too nomnomnom!

OOOO spam in some ramen is delicious! I don't care what anyone says.. spam is delicious! Some fried spam w/ rice? Or eggs? Yes please!

Diet is still going well, but it might be the cause of my exhaustion right now. Well... might be one of the reasons for it. Slept ok last night but still feel like the walking dead right now and getting a headache. Hopefully the salt in the sausges I ate this morning will help w/ whatever kind of electrolyte issue that might be occuring.

Feeling ok though. I probably could've skipped dinner last night. Trying to listen to my body more and eat how much I think I need to instead of how much I want. So last night I had just a little bit of leftover ham and I was fine with that.
    Will see how long this keeps up but hoping it helps.

Oh and did I mention that how much I weighed? Our digital scale is actually broken so using the other one we have (that is a pound off)... I weighed in at 192 at the start of all of this.
    This morning I was at around 186. So the bloat is coming off slowly. Hopefully some of what is coming off is actual fat loss too.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    I do love me some breakfast sausage and just had some after the grocery trip this morning too nomnomnom!

OOOO spam in some ramen is delicious! I don't care what anyone says.. spam is delicious! Some fried spam w/ rice? Or eggs? Yes please!

Diet is still going well, but it might be the cause of my exhaustion right now. Well... might be one of the reasons for it. Slept ok last night but still feel like the walking dead right now and getting a headache. Hopefully the salt in the sausges I ate this morning will help w/ whatever kind of electrolyte issue that might be occuring.

Feeling ok though. I probably could've skipped dinner last night. Trying to listen to my body more and eat how much I think I need to instead of how much I want. So last night I had just a little bit of leftover ham and I was fine with that.
    Will see how long this keeps up but hoping it helps.

Oh and did I mention that how much I weighed? Our digital scale is actually broken so using the other one we have (that is a pound off)... I weighed in at 192 at the start of all of this.
    This morning I was at around 186. So the bloat is coming off slowly. Hopefully some of what is coming off is actual fat loss too.

Try adding in a handful of almonds at your next meal, and shrink the overall meal size. Within three days, you'll be feeling better.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2020
    The reason you're feeling so crappy is your body detoxing. It happened to me when I did low carb, but since you're doing carnivore it might be worse. For me it lasted for at least 3 weeks. As much as I loved eating lots of meat and eggs and salad I just missed my carbs sooo much more ;)

• LiLee2018
    Yeah I certainly did gorge myself on carbs/sugar during the holidays. I can totally see this as my body getting rid of all the junk.
    My face broke out SO bad the first couple of days back on carnivore. I developed big cystic pimples along my hairline and where the arms of my glasses are. Thankfully those are mostly cleared up now. I'm just left feeling greasy atm lol.

My face has been SO incredibly oily. Not sure what that is about but BLEH! Go to rub my forehead and come away w/ enough oil to fry up some chicken. Good for the skin though right? Maybe??? lol

I think I'm going to have to give up my daily coffee. Not giving it up completely, but I think with my body getting back to carnivore... coffee has been giving me some bad diarrhea.
    And not sure if beef fat is the only thing that gives me nausea and indigestion.
    Fixed carnitas last night and ate a lot of the fatty bits. No reflux and no nausea after. BUT I think eating too much fat also causes some problems w/ my #2s too b/c I woke up in the middle of the night needing to go and it was LOUD and not exactly solid lol.
    It's all trial and error at this point.

Woke up with a dull headache. Drank a monster and some pickle juice. Also ate some breakfast sausages w/ eggs. About to go drink more pickle juice and hope it helps. So far the headache has subsided, but I can still feel like. Like it's right on the edge of coming back.

Overall I feel ok though :) Just sucks that I have to wake up early again. Stupid school ;) lol
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Happy New Year!!!

I could never do the carnivore thing either but good luck to you. Hoping you get used to it and start feeling better soon!!!! You totally can kick some butt this year :)
  • LiLee2018
    So pork fat does trigger the nausea. I ate some leftover pork before picking daughter up. About 3 hours later, I got nauseated. It didn't last as long as with beef, but I think that's just b/c I hadn't eaten as much.
    Also I did end up having to take tylenol yesterday. The headache didn't get worse, but it never fully went away either until I took some tylenol for it.
    I swigged down pickle juice twice and I think it helped the headache from getting worse. Maybe... I dunno lol.

Tired of waking up in the middle of the night to poop. lol Such a PITA trying to get back to sleep and I couldn't get comfortable after and never got back in to a good sleep. Booo :(

Thank goodness for energy drinks though.

So far so good though. Still craving some sweets, but I think that's more of a habit thing right now. I am craving some variety. While the meat has been good... I want some veggies to go with it. It's not a super strong craving craving, just the want for variety.