JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hi all. Hope you’ve all had a good Christmas. I’m joining you in getting back into routine. I’m anxious today as I have some concerns over my wound healing and had to go to the emergency GP. I’ve been prescribed some antibiotics so hopefully it will be ok. Just trying to take each day as it comes and feeling healthier after Christmas indulgence will no doubt help.

Saturday goals:
    - See GP ✅
    - Buy new phone charger ✅
    - Hydrate!
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Organise flowers for N and V

Have a great weekend all x
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Today we’re going to my parents’ house for lunch and taking the recyclables to the recycling center and dropping a book off at the library. I’m going to try to get the rest of the laundry folded and put away, go on a long run - can I make five miles?! Let’s find out! - and write a blog post.

I did everything except the blog post. I am going to put laundry away, write, and then run today. And then this evening I have a shift as Mrs. Claus.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    @pridesabtch - good luck with your Mom today.

@Faebert - I hope you heal fast.

We had our Christmas with the girls last Saturday and then Christmas by ourselves on Christmas. The girls did come back out for a visit but we only had one gift for the Grands to open. I made frozen lasagna for supper and some leftover turkey. It was a nice relaxing day.

Rodger has had a dental issue in November and the dentist won’t remove the teeth until his blood pressure is under control. It was very high when they checked it at the dentist. He promised me that he would see a doctor for the first time in 20+ years once the teeth were fixed. The dentist called him back to check his blood pressure when the pain had subsided some and lo and behold it was still high. I made him a doctors appointment and he went. He is now on high blood pressure meds and has an appointment today to follow up from the ECG and bloodwork he had done.

In all of this he decided to take control and lose weight and start exercising. He is confirming today that he’s allowed to exercise, but has lost 3 pounds so far just with his diet changes. He has even started using MFP and is better at weighing his food than me.

This has made me start thinking about my own health again and I need to get back on track. I logged my coffee this morning, I’m going to start logging again and go from there.

I’m in a lot of pain and I need to get that under control. My muscles and tendons hurt in my legs, hips and back. Maybe exercising will help.

I go back to work tomorrow and possibly this afternoon for a while to try to get a head a bit. Payroll has to be transmitted very early Monday morning to get the bank deadlines met for payday on Friday.

I’ve missed you all!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Hello my JFT Family! Oh, how I have missed you all! I feel like I've been gone forever, and actually looked back to see when my last post was and it was beginning of the month! I am so happy to be over with the hustle and bustle of Thanksgiving and then into Christmas. Today is the first day I've taken time to myself to just do normal putzy stuff around the house. I've been either shopping, wrapping, decorating, baking or working every day for probably the last 6 weeks and I'm over it. Christmas was nice....family all came over on Christmas Eve and then Christmas Day was just my husband, me and my brother-in-law who comes up from Texas to stay with us for Christmas every year. I worked Thursday and Friday and was one of only about 4 other people in our whole department at our site. Quiet, so I got caught up on a few things so I didn't mind too much.

My weight maintained throughout the holidays but for some reason after they were over, I sat down and ate as much junk as I could get my hands on! UGH! I gained 2.2 lbs since Wednesday. So, back to eating more mindful and trying to get some water in. Have not been good about exercising but i think it has been because I have not taken the time to just sit in a while and I'm exhausted...

I bought a new journal/planner (kind of like a bullet journal) and am preparing to start it January 1st to help keep me on track with goals/habits/tasks, etc.

@Faebert I'm so sorry I wasn't on here to read of your surgery sooner! I'm glad it went well! I remember dealing with those darn drains after mine. I have 5 of them...2 in one armpit area and 3 in the other. They were miserable things to deal with! Hated them! Please take it easy and take care of yourself. i'm glad you are on antibiotics now if your wound is looking funky. I had an infection in mine at one time and it's nothing to mess with. It has to be hard on you, because you are such a go-getter! But please, let your body heal. It has been through a TREMENDOUS trauma in a way and really takes some time to heal. Trust me...I do know how it is. I wish I could give you a gentle hug right now, my friend!

@Snowflake1968 I hope your husband's tests all come out okay. I'm glad to hear that he is working on getting healthier. Maybe if you are both doing it, it will make it easier to stick with? Healthier foods, healthier habits? I'm sorry you are hurting though. What is all the pain coming from? Did you get hurt, or is it joint pain from cold damp weather? Hugs to you, my friend!

@pridesabtch I hope your dad with your mum went well!

I can't remember everything I read in order to respond, so I'll just say I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and I hope you are all doing well! I have missed you dearly. You are all my family...and you probably all know me better than my own family here! HUGS to you all! I plan to be here, ready to start a new year with new goals, new habits and a renewed sense of purpose!

xoxo
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,030 Member
    Back to life! Back to reality! 😂 😂 😂

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8; #4: -2
    MAINTENANCE IN DECEMBER
    NAME:
    Terri
    GW: Stay Under 150
    29/12: CW: 151.4 👀
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Sat 28 Dec
    🔹Goals
    🔹Activities
    • Local shopping💖
    • Crochet💖
    • Power Walk💖
    • Work on goals for 2020💖
    • Chores💖

JFT Sat 28 Dec
    🔹Goals
    🔹Activities
    • Visit DED and grands for lunch
    • Power Walk
    • Work on goals for 2020
    • Chores

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited December 2019
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan

5'11"

SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)

5'11"

GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 181.6 (current weight today) -1 -- I am UP this morning, and I know its because of too much orange juice, and just not caring what I eat ... trying to get over this awful cold.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5 -- Starting Date Monday, November 11
    5'11"
    SW :183.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)
    GW for this challenge: 178.6
    CW: 180.5 (current weight today)

My goal was to end the year at 178 - but I am close! It has been a struggle with holiday season .. a good friend from the gym gave me tons of cookies and candy, then gives me a gooey butter cake! Oh which I think I ate almost all of it! Plus, I am an emotional eater, and eat for comfort. This year, I tried to concentrate on sewing, and other activities ... trying to change my habits.

So this year was different. This year I got back on track, and have been exercising a lot this week, and drinking more water. So my weight is almost down to where I wanted to end the year at.

New Years eve is the anniversary of meeting my husband ... 46 years ago! Wow. So .. he wants me to make some homemade lasagna (since our first date was at a Italian restaurant, eating lasagna). So I know we have another week to go of eating too much, but, that is what the holidays are for. The key is to get back on track!

Do you guys want me to start a new thread for 2020? I've been doing this now for almost 4 years .. yes, it has taken me that long to finally get to where I want to be. But .. I know maintaining is very hard, and I would like to continue.

Should we Just keep this one going, or start a new, fresh one for 2020?

I love the friendships I have made over the past few years.. it has kept me from not giving up. I don't post as often either, but it just still nice to have this thread as a way to be accountable.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,723 Member
    I’ll catch up in a bit but Please, Please do a thread for 2020!
  • nighthazel01
    nighthazel01 Posts: 57 Member
    Love this thread. I stay on track during the week, but blow it on weekends. My goal to to post here regularly to keep me focused and motivated.
  • PackerFanInGB
    @mytime6630 I'm fine with whatever the group and you decide regarding continuing with this thread or starting a new one for 2020. I'll follow you either way! I'm so happy for you hitting your goal! I've been doing this with you for a few years and I'm hoping this will be MY year to do that! When did you start the original thread? Seems like it was 2016...

I started typing this earlier in the day but then got busy watching the Packer game (nail biter!!!) and then was in kitchen and then went for walk. So, instead of posting goals for today, I'll just post what I did..

Just for today:
    • I resisted the Christmas cookies. Did not eat even one.
    • I made ham & bean soup and saved in portion-sized containers that I can grab for lunches
    • I made an egg bake with eggs, onion, ham and cheddar cheese, in muffin cups and froze individually to grab for quick breakfast or lunches this week.
    • I made a meal plan for next week with the husband
    • I made a grocery list with only healthy foods and ingredients for meals
    • I drank over 60 oz of water
    • I cleaned out my purses and switched to new bag and backpack for work
    • I took Miss Maddie for a walk after the Packer game. Was 49 degrees in Green Bay today! Plus our Packers won! Was a really good afternoon.
    • I am about to go sit in the livingroom with my hubby and drink some low-sugar hot cocoa, and after that I will be washing & moisturizing my face, brushing my teeth, climbing into bed and writing in my gratitude journal, listening to Calm app and then reading more of my book....lights out goal is 10:30 tonight.

I hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend! Has anyone heard from @Bex953172 ? I didn't see any posts from her when I read back to see what I missed. Bex, if you read this, let us know you're okay!! :heart:

Here's a few pics of the sunset from my walk tonight with Miss Maddie. Can see the fog rolling in in the first one. I was glad I had brought our fluorescent lights with us. Got kind of hard to see by the time I got home.
    9848cwu94xao.png

pnck4359fpxx.png
  • mytime6630
    @PackerFanInGB -- looks like you had a great day, and off to a great start!! I've done terribly today. I was OK for most of the day, then got stressed our over things my daughter did.. like ignoring her health insurance notice that her health insurance will go up by $80 a month ... and now it is too late to sign up for another plan! I don't know why I give into food so easily :/ . I guess those old habits can come back so quickly.

Yes, I was also wondering about @bex??/? I hope everything is OK????? I figured with the holidays everyone is very busy, but @Bex ... we are missing you! Also, @cschmitz.

I may start a new thread for 2020 just to give us all a fresh start. Maybe its my mindset, but I always like to start fresh, with new plans for the new year. I know my weight will be back in to 180s with all I've been eating lately, so need to get back on track. Today was good until tonite for me.

So my goals tomorrow:
    1. log ALL food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. work on pc boards .. need to get back to work
    4. make out a meal plan ... unfortunately, this will have to include New Years eve, which will be homemade lasagna. But .. that does not mean I have to eat alot of it!
    5. make meal plans for the entire week
    6. write what my go-to things to do are instead of grabbing food.

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    @mytime6630 I’d like to be a part of the thread whichever way you do it. I’d be happy to make a clean start for 2020 as I’ve been coasting along for the last few weeks and need to get back into better habits!

@PackerFanInGB well done on yesterday, I’m finding excuses to delay getting back on track. Today’s is the prospect of about 14 hours travel :( then it’s new year celebrations so my deadline is 2 January and I want to shed the half a stone I’ve gained recently.

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Get back on track after all this holiday eating
    2. Log all food
    3. Gym or workout at home
    4. Journal
    5. Meditate
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,298 Member
    @mytime6630 New thread or same old one works, but I think I like the idea of a clean slate.

Dinner with mom went well. She was still the same bitter person, but not really mean. I'll take it!

JFT Monday

- Take pregnancy test (OMG I'm 46yo!) - :smiley: NEGATIVE, now I need another explanation for the way my body feels.
    - Beginner Peloton Class :smiley: Only 20 min, but better than 0 minutes. Thought I was gonna puke after.
    - Shower and work by 8:00, :smile: 8:10, close enough.
    - Try new protein bars for breakfast :smiley: Not my favorite, not sure 1/2 a bar counts as breakfast.
    - Drink at least equal amount of water to soda
    - Log everything, GBU
    - Moderate Lunch
    - No snacking at work on junk
    - Research Rowing Camp for S. Weird to send her away to Michigan for a month in the summer.
    - Psychiatrist appt later. I feel good mentally, but maybe the meds need adjusted so I'll feel better physically.
    - Moderate Dinner
    - One evening snack, if it fits.
    - No alcohol
    - Make an Action plan for the New Year and write it down!

Goals for 2020
    - Get back on my real bike in the spring.
    - Take time each Thursday to teach my daughters (and a friend or 2) to cook. College isn't that far off.
    - Peleton 240 out of 365 days - Roughly 5 days a week with a little room for bad days
    - Use MFP to stay accountable for my intake
    - Mini Goal: Lose 10 pounds by April Fools Day!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Not sure anyone will even remember me, I haven't been on in months! To say the last few months have been stressful would be a massive understatement. I had a child that ended up being hospitalized andsuffice it to say that I resorted to eating and drinking my feelings, just like the old me. I hope to someday be at the point that when something stressful happens my reaction is to go for a run but that was not the case these last few months and I fell off allll the wagons. I gained back 14 lbs in the last 4 months and my only consolation is that I had lost almost 30 so at least I'm not back where I started. I'd like to start coming back and doing daily goals again, those helped me so much before. I'm not even going to attempt to catch up with everyone, just going to pick up today if that's ok! Everyone in my family is doing much better but now we are moving and a lot of life changes are happening so I want to try to get my health back on track. I know I need to start slowly and just do the things so here goes nothing!

JFT:
    Track all food
    No alcohol
    30 minutes of exercise/movement
    Journal
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,298 Member
    korina75 wrote: »
    Not sure anyone will even remember me, I haven't been on in months! To say the last few months have been stressful would be a massive understatement. I had a child that ended up being hospitalized andsuffice it to say that I resorted to eating and drinking my feelings, just like the old me. I hope to someday be at the point that when something stressful happens my reaction is to go for a run but that was not the case these last few months and I fell off allll the wagons. I gained back 14 lbs in the last 4 months and my only consolation is that I had lost almost 30 so at least I'm not back where I started. I'd like to start coming back and doing daily goals again, those helped me so much before. I'm not even going to attempt to catch up with everyone, just going to pick up today if that's ok! Everyone in my family is doing much better but now we are moving and a lot of life changes are happening so I want to try to get my health back on track. I know I need to start slowly and just do the things so here goes nothing!

JFT:
    Track all food
    No alcohol
    Journal

We remember you!!!! Glad you are back and I'm happy to hear that all are well in the family. Hang in there.

Nikki
  • PackerFanInGB

JFT:
    Track all food
    No alcohol
    Journal

We certainly DO remember you! I'm so sorry to hear about all the stress and the hospitalization. Life spirals out of control sometimes and gets the better of all of us. I'm really happy to see you back! I'm feeling like I need a fresh start also. 2019 had a lot of family grief and sickness and I really lost sight of myself for a bit. We can do this...one day at a time. :heart:
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,356 Member
    I AM back to mfp, next is setting up for today and heading to workout. Somehow the days pass by so easily without anything accomplished and that needs to change today. Today I take charge.
  • PackerFanInGB
    @mytime6630 I think I like the idea of starting fresh also. There's something mentally cleansing about it. And I think many of us have had things in 2019 that would be awesome to move forward from! ((HUGS))

@pridesabtch I think 20 minutes on your new Pelaton is great! Anytime you get out of practice doing something, it takes time to build back up to where you left off! To be honest, I'd never make it 20 minutes on one, so I am impressed! LOL! xoxo
  • mytime6630
    Not sure anyone will even remember me, l

Of course we remember you .. so nice to see you back! I am so sorry it has been a stressful year for you. For many of us.. this has been a year of deaths, illness, etc. I am like you, I long for the day when I will find a distraction other than food when I get stressed. But it takes time to undo years of habits. Weight-wise for me this year I did lose weight, but I have gained 5 pounds in just one week .. stressful, mindless eating. You would think I would learn.
    But anyhow, so very happy to see you back, and we are all here for you. That is why I love this thread ... it is a place to vent, no judging... we have all been there. We all understand. This is the year for you to take care of you!
  • mytime6630
    @mytime6630 New thread or same old one works, but I think I like the idea of a clean slate.

I am loving to hear how you are doing on your peleton! I see those ads all the time .. it looks like so much fun, but also hard work! Congrats to you for doing 20 minutes .. that is a great start!