Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    4fuivlnioq3d.jpg

Last week's results:
    • Steps - averaged around 7700 per day, that's ok, but need to do better this week. :neutral:
    • Sleep - Got in 7 hours sleep every night. :smile:
    • Strength Training - Did around half of my goal, need to aim for more this week. :neutral:
    • Meditation/Journalling - Did this for about half the week, planning routine better this week :smile:
    • Rowing - no rowing done, weather didn't permit on the evening's I was free. :neutral:
    • Yoga - done :smile:
    • Protein - averaged about 105 grams, so a little improvement needed.
    • Weight loss - In a small deficit last week. Switched to TDEE method for cals back end of last week, hoping a more consistent approach to intake will help me get snacking under control.

• astidog99
    astidog99 Posts: 20 Member
    Today is going to be interesting. It will be the first time since I started this journey that I am going out for a meal. Team leader meeting this week is a Christmas meal. Its at a place which does not count the calories on the menu and as I can hardly whip out a set of scales (especially as I have not mentioned I am trying to lose) there is going to be a lot of guesswork! Drinks will be fine, they know I hardly drink alcohol (driving is an excellent answer if they try to get me to have a drink) and my normal drink is diet coke. Food will have be best guess. So my plan is to still try to stay within my calorie goal (plus a couple of hundred "banked" calories) going at a strange time of day too so I plan on one of my snacky breakfasts whilst working (probably 5 tuc biscuits) cupasoup around 12 should keep me going until we go at 3. Should be home around 7 so maybe some toast around 8-9 if I'm peckish (and the handy grapes for mindless nibbles) Doesn't sound too bad to me :)
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    astidog99 wrote: »
    Today is going to be interesting. It will be the first time since I started this journey that I am going out for a meal. Team leader meeting this week is a Christmas meal. Its at a place which does not count the calories on the menu and as I can hardly whip out a set of scales (especially as I have not mentioned I am trying to lose) there is going to be a lot of guesswork! Drinks will be fine, they know I hardly drink alcohol (driving is an excellent answer if they try to get me to have a drink) and my normal drink is diet coke. Food will have be best guess. So my plan is to still try to stay within my calorie goal (plus a couple of hundred "banked" calories) going at a strange time of day too so I plan on one of my snacky breakfasts whilst working (probably 5 tuc biscuits) cupasoup around 12 should keep me going until we go at 3. Should be home around 7 so maybe some toast around 8-9 if I'm peckish (and the handy grapes for mindless nibbles) Doesn't sound too bad to me :)

@astidog99 How was your meal out as far as enjoyment of the celebration and tracking the calories with no assistance from the menu?
  • astidog99
    astidog99 Posts: 20 Member
    It was a fun evening thanks. A bit of googling gave me an average for that type of meal. A duh momens later. Was trying to figure out the amount of fries. Found a couple measured in cups. Was thinking how many is a cup? Then realised theyou were actually served in a cup...duhhhhh lol.
    I think I did ok. No nasty shock on the scales😊
  • Make my plan and follow it. My plan will be easy and realistic for where I am today, and I will commit to it 100%.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    My goal today is to stay active and be happy...finish wrapping gifts and fix dinner....enjoy my time now!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Goals for today:
    • Strength Training.
    • Yoga.
    • Make good choices for dinner.
    • Write out this week's postivity board goals.
  • michne16
    michne16 Posts: 538 Member
    Not to go hog wild with my eating at our Christmas luncheon today.
  • conniewilkins56
    My goal today is to smile and stay calm....no emotional binge eating...I am in a good losing zone right now!...I need to stay positive and support my husband as he has a surgical procedure done at the hospital tomorrow to see if a stent is needed in his heart...if it’s needed the doctor will do it while he is there...we are very optimistic that all will go well and he will only have a short stay at the hospital...please send us good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    Hope everything went smoothly @conniewilkins56
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    My goal today is to smile and stay calm....no emotional binge eating...I am in a good losing zone right now!...I need to stay positive and support my husband as he has a surgical procedure done at the hospital tomorrow to see if a stent is needed in his heart...if it’s needed the doctor will do it while he is there...we are very optimistic that all will go well and he will only have a short stay at the hospital...please send us good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

@conniewilkins56 Prayers and good thoughts for your husband and you! My husband had this procedure and tolerated it very well so good vibes all around for guy. Hugs.
    Pam
  • michne16
    To stop overeating/binge eating at night.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    michne16 wrote: »
    To stop overeating/binge eating at night.

Preach, I dont do it very often, but I think all of us who have been "large" at some level have struggled with binge eating. It is tough. Probably worse then the actual binge is the depression/remorse afterwards.
  • conniewilkins56
    I have struggled with yo yo dieting and food binges for years...since joining MFP last May, I have had only a couple of really bad episodes where I am physically and mentally sick afterwards...hopefully it will get easier to control as time passes...i almost dread the holidays and other celebrations because I know I will be tempted at these affairs...sometimes it is easier to leave trigger foods alone....only a true binge eater knows the shame they feel after sitting in the dark and stuffing their faces with anything they can find to feed their need for something they can not explain!...it’s a wicked cycle and the self loathing, guilt, and depression afterwards does not help....believe me, I have been there too many times...
  • Follow my plan for today, and make my plan for tomorrow.
  • michne16
    Thanks y’all. So far I’ve made it two days without bingeing/overeating. Hopefully I have broken the cycle. Fortunately I have lots to do which will help to keep my hands and mind occupied!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    My goal is for the whole weekend. I am going to Branson for the weekend. There will be a lot of opportunity for overeating. I will partake in a little nibble but I will not overindulge.
  • tinkerbellang83
    My goals for tomorrow are:

- Complete all the requirements of my self help plan.
    - Get up to go rowing in the morning.
    - Walk home (if weather is reasonable, if not to do some time on the cross trainer when I get home)
  • michne16
    Not to overeat, especially nuts which apparently I just can't control myself around at present.
  • tinkerbellang83
    My goals for tomorrow are:

- Complete all the requirements of my self help plan.
    - Get up to go rowing in the morning.
    - Walk home (if weather is reasonable, if not to do some time on the cross trainer when I get home)

PLAN: :( I was bed-ridden in the afternoon with cramps & nausea so meals were not as planned,didn't eat between 11am & 8pm and then just picked at a few things.

ROWING: got up and went for a 7km row, conditions were good, if a little chilly as before sunrise.

WALK HOME: Had planned to leave my bike at work and collect it later but plans for later in the week changed so I cycled home. I did go for a walk to pick up some groceries and still clocked about 8000 steps, 10km of cycling and 7km of rowing so happy with this being quite an active day.

This morning has been a bit of a letdown on the planning front as slept later than usual as I was woken by the stupid fireworks (trigger some of the not so good memories of my times spent working overseas) I have the day off work so I plan to utilise it, my goals for today:

> Get back on my binge eating plan for the rest of the day (planned meals/snacks).

>Go out for a walk.

>Jot down goals for 2020 for myself/OH and discuss plans to attain them.

> Plan meals for next week Mon - Weds (away in Spain from Thurs-Sun and will just be focusing on regular meals and not drinking too much :-) )

> Update positivity board for this week/month.

> Meditate/Yoga before bed.