Air fryer... yes or no???

13»

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited October 2019
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I'll put up this lemon pepper air fried piece of salmon against pan fried salmon any day of the week!
    057j0ltxfu9y.jpg

Without seeing what that looks like on the inside, there is no way to tell hehe :)
    Also, I will put that piece of salmon against oven fried piece anytime.

haha...it was perfect melt in mouth buttery (without using butter) medium cooked.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I had to ask Mr. Google what an air fryer was... ;)

Nope, don't have one and I probably never will. A convection toaster oven does the work for me.

Whoever disagreed with you must not have a decent convection oven OR must find ways to justify the extra kitchen gadget. There is a reason why you will never find one of these in a commercial kitchen.

Because they are for small servings????????

Nope. Because you are not kidding any one that the food served is actually fried and just as good.
    No restaurant is frying anything in big batches unless its fast food places doing french fries.
    People can press the disagree button all they want but everyone knows that if you compare fried, air fried and convection oven food, air fried and convection oven are the same damn thing. Neither one is like deep frying. Simple physics. Nothing else.

Someone needs a snickers......

@snickerscharlie ?

Sorry just got an air fryer for Christmas and am returning to the boards after a self imposed hiatus so I couldn’t help bumping an old thread....
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I LOVE my air fryer but its just the two of us- so it is big enough to fix the things we want- love to make fries, tater tots, sausage is perfection, wings, etc- I finally even do a pizza in it- Now that Iknow how to use parchment paper in it(make sure the size is small) clean up is even a breeze
  • mikebxb
    mikebxb Posts: 138 Member
    We use a NuWave Oven. We use it ALL the time. its Air Fry, Conduction, Convection, Infrared and indoor grilling. The grease drains off (I also pat the extra grease) I HIGHLY recommend it. You can safely cook fish from a frozen state if needed. unlike a microwave it doesn't dry out your food. Aside from outdoor grilling it has to be the healthiest way to cook. https://nuwavenow.com/NuWaveOven?TM=1577816841484
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    yes
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I had to ask Mr. Google what an air fryer was... ;)

Nope, don't have one and I probably never will. A convection toaster oven does the work for me.

Whoever disagreed with you must not have a decent convection oven OR must find ways to justify the extra kitchen gadget. There is a reason why you will never find one of these in a commercial kitchen.

Because they are for small servings????????

Nope. Because you are not kidding any one that the food served is actually fried and just as good.
    No restaurant is frying anything in big batches unless its fast food places doing french fries.
    People can press the disagree button all they want but everyone knows that if you compare fried, air fried and convection oven food, air fried and convection oven are the same damn thing. Neither one is like deep frying. Simple physics. Nothing else.

Someone needs a snickers......

@snickerscharlie ?

Sorry just got an air fryer for Christmas and am returning to the boards after a self imposed hiatus so I couldn’t help bumping an old thread....

You rang? :D

PS: I love my air fryer. We have a deep, unbreakable bond. <3