Ending 2019 with a BANG! -91 lbs and NORMAL BMI weight achieved today!

nighthawk584
nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
April 6th of this year I was at an Obese Class 2 BMI, and on the last day of the year I hit normal weight! I know it's just a number, but it was a goal that I thought would take me a couple years to achieve if ever.

Starting weight: 280 lbs
Current weight: 189 lbs
Ultimate goal weight: 180 lbs

Diet: Nothing special, just strict and consistent calorie counting and staying within my calorie deficit. I only went over my calories twice this year, Thanksgiving day and Christmas day. For my first 50 lbs, I logged in a notebook. I joined MFP in July and have lost an additional 41 lbs since then.

Exercise: I started off my journey with just walking around 2-3 miles a day for 5-6 days a week. I now exercise 7 days a week alternating between full body weight training and spin bike for my cardio. I also do 100-150 push ups on my cardio days. I went from barely doing 2 pushups to 50 in a row.

kfastq4t8srw.jpg

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Wow, that's quite an inspiring story!!! Thanks for sharing to let people know it CAN be done!!
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Congratulations! That is very inspiring!
  • amazing. and quick too. WTG!!!!!
  • OncologyChick
    OncologyChick Posts: 236 Member
    Good for you!! That's a real good start of 2020....
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Wow! Congrats on your progress! :)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Fantastic work! I have really enjoyed hearing about your progress.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Congrats for turning your life around! You're awesome and inspiring.
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your inspirational story. You look great!! Congratulations!
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    Beautiful, just beautiful. Great job!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I know from your other posts that you've worked hard and did it just following MFP. Congratulations on a new life!
  • daveredvette
    daveredvette Posts: 87 Member
    Great work and discipline
  • Not only did you get to have the life giving experiences of developing your process...... you likely gave yourself a longer life. So glad for you! and you look amazingggggggggg.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 526 Member
    Congrats on your magnificent remake! You'll make your final goal shortly, I'm sure. You are an inspiration!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Thank you everyone that has commented, appreciate it! MFP members continue to inspire me too. Cheers to a Happy New Year for all!
  • debsms2020
    debsms2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Wonderful!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Amazing job....Congrats :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    WOW! Absolutely tremendous job--you sir, are a first class winner and all time champion, period.

YAY YOU!!!
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Wonderful achievement - and timing, too! I've been following your journey also. We both joined MFP around the same time and both had a couple months of previous dieting. We also are just a couple weeks apart in age. I really appreciated all of your inspirational posts these past 6 months!

I ended the year so close to my maintenance range that I decided to start the new year officially in maintenance on MFP. I'll still be creating a slight deficit while losing my last 3-4 pounds in the next few months.

Happy New Year! Hope to keep hearing about your progress.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    Congratulations! You look great and I bet you feel amazing!
  • FatAlpaca2020
    FatAlpaca2020 Posts: 3 Member
    I love stories like this to inspire me. I am 294 lbs and 47. #thereisstillhope lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!