December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    It is the coldest day of the week with the worst forecast of the week... so you know what that means? It is the first scheduled run of my training plan! :smiley:

I thought it started yesterday and was stalking Strava to see what your coach had planned for you. I’m excited to see how this journey goes for you. Also how’s your anti-t-Rex program going?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    It is the coldest day of the week with the worst forecast of the week... so you know what that means? It is the first scheduled run of my training plan! :smiley:

I thought it started yesterday and was stalking Strava to see what your coach had planned for you. I’m excited to see how this journey goes for you. Also, how’s your anti-t-Rex program going?

Well "officially" it did, but Monday was "stretching" which I may or may not have done. This is a "light week" to ease into it. Today is "easy pace run" so at least it will be "easy" while I am cold. :)

I have paused the anti-trex until I can judge the TIME load of this new training plan. I still only have so many hours a day. :(
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Injury update - my leg felt strong during lunges this morning. In fact both legs felt equally strong as if I’ve never been injured! I’m looking forward to a test jog today or tomorrow
    YAY!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Finished the month with a total of 145km, well over my basic goal of 130 AND stretch goal of 140.
    My leg felt tight this morning, but not actually painful, so I completed the 5.3km I needed to reach that nice round number for the month.
    I also deserve the nobel peace prize for not murdering my husband: I mentioned in passing on my way out that I had pulled my new shoes out of the wardrobe because there's a possibility the old ones are what made my knee hurt. Later, when we were walking to the store for last midnight NYE supplies, I mentioned that I was pleased my knee hadn't started to hurt again after my run. His response: "It isn't because of the new shoes you know, that's a load of *kitten* and it's all in your head." I was SO close to punching him LOL

Patience is indeed a virtue...
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @emmamcgarity It's amazing what a good night of sleep will do for you! I hope you get a nice jog in. Thank you for the advice. I am very much still trying to learn the dos and dont's and your reply helps, especially in the future when and if it gets worse.

@shanaber Thank you! I know you mentioned before that ibuprofen should be avouded, but I didn't read the link to find out why. Now I now, thank you.

I did not take anything. I woke up twice in the middle of the night from soreness. When I got up this morning, I felt better. Still sore, but better... I read some things that may help are eating a high protein snack before bed and drinking cherry juice (I thought my father in law just liked the flavor of cherry juice but now I know why he drinks it).

@eleanorhawkins You are not the only one who wants to murder their husband. Mine can be a real, true, humongous A hole with know it all (he thinks) comments for everything. He has been home for 6 days, 6 long days. He went back to work today and I'm like "thank you God, thank you..." I empathize with you...
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hope you are better soon @mbaker566 - good to see you are recovering @emmamcgarity - good luck with the 6 miles you are 'not' going to do @Teresa502 ;)

Obviously missed December goals with shin splints mid month. Second post recovery jog last night went okay. Going to try an easy RED January as the next half is in Feb.

Did you try that scraping technique? It cured mine! I'm still a bit of a skeptic but it's worked almost immediately twice for me now.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @emmamcgarity Glad your leg is feeling stronger. Looking forward to hearing how your test run goes! I hope well.

WTG @eleanorhawkins at exceeding your months goals! You're doing great!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Great year!!!

@dreamer12151 Way to get out there in the cold to meet your goal of running on NYE!!