Chicken seasoning ideas?

I have been getting bored with chicken tandoori.

Any new suggestions for chicken seasoning?

Replies

• jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    I use Stubbs Chicken Dry Rub it has powdered honey in it, also coat it with lemon pepper and Tony’s chacheres and ranch seasoning
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    I use Stubbs Chicken Dry Rub it has powdered honey in it, also coat it with lemon pepper and Tony’s chacheres and ranch seasoning

Is this in the uk?
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    I recently bought a jar of Zaatar, that's lovely. If your roasting it try sticking a lemon in the cavity before cooking.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I have been getting bored with chicken tandoori.

Any new suggestions for chicken seasoning?

I've tried many different tandoori recipes and was never able to get them to come out like in an Indian restaurant or coworker's wife (who would not share the recipe.) So now I make what I call Thai Chicken Tandoori - to the yogurt, add Thai red curry paste to taste, approximately 1 tablespoon of paste to 1 C of yogurt. Sometimes I add a clove or two of chopped garlic and a few teaspoons of chopped ginger.

I use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and marinate for a few hours, then bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member

Is this in the uk?

Through amazon yes. Search Stubbs dry rub

• MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    One thing that's simple and tastes AMAZING is to dip chicken breasts in hummus, then bake them. The hummus forms a little bit of a crust on the outside, but keeps the chicken juicy because of its moisture.
  • breanamock
    breanamock Posts: 28 Member
    I like to put a little salsa, barbecue sauce, or salad dressing (any kind) on top before cooking in the oven or on the stovetop. There’s also teriyaki, gochujang, jerk...I’ve been enjoying exploring the sauce and seasoning mix sections of my grocery store!
  • Dailly13
    Dailly13 Posts: 190 Member
    Don't use anything on skinless steamed chicken. Have managed to enjoy chicken without any other flavourings (sprinkle of salt). Your taste buds adjust over time and you can knock so many calories of a meal and still enjoy it.