WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    AF day today. :D First one this holiday season.

Following my word UNLEASH I have made a start this evening on setting up a website. I realised I have no means by which somebody can get in touch with me if they like my books and want to contact me about talks, publicity etc. I am floundering a bit as I have never done it before, but I will get there in the end. I can put a link to it on my Amazon Author page and in my next book. It's not live yet as I don't really know what I'm doing! :|:/ Hate technology. Grrrrrr!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Although I had coded my first website in HTML from scratch, when I decided to use Wordpress, what really helped me was to join a Wordpress group that meets every other week. It's casual, so I don't have to go if I'm busy with something else, but it's really helpful to go and get ideas and help from real people.

I keep Christmas up til epiphany
    Debby in Va

So do I! :)

Poerava14 wrote: »
    All your comments about decluttering really motivated me. I had been procrastinating clearing out the master bath cabinets and DH's side of the closet. I also wanted to get a couple drawers of my guest room cleaned out in advance of the arrival of boxes my brother will be getting from his ex-GF. DONE! I have a couple things to take to the garage and other items to donate to Goodwill. Two big black trash bags were purged.

Stay well and happy.

Rori
    Appreciating how I feel NOW
    in Colorado Foothills

Well done!!

Our bathroom is definitely on my list for when I've finished my Master's. I know there is a lot of stuff in there which is just simply old. Part of me has wanted to keep it ... just in case ... but I'm at the point now where I'd like to get rid of it.

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    Lazy day today although I did a little cleaning up in the barn and garden shed. I am teaching water exercise tomorrow. the regular teacher is in Texas for her DGS's wedding. My word for 2020 is "pause". I need to take a moment before making decisions on what to eat or do to think if it is the right thing for me. I am looking forward to getting back into a routine.

Karen - Glad Olivia is doing better. love that smile.

Pip - Are you moving to CA to be closer to family? How will moving from a state with no state income tax to one with state income tax affect your retirement income? We were glad to not have that complication when we moved to WA. Glad Yogi is doing well being an only.

Janetr - Wow is all I can say. It seems when it rains it pours. Sending you blessings to see you through.

Everyone take care and have a blessed year, Sue in WA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💤😴
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Ginny - I think that is lovely that you get something from your husband

In previous years, if I had the cookie dish full, I'd invariably nibble. This year next to the candy dish I have a dish of nuts (cashews and pistachios). Even tho I may still nibble, I've found that I will go for the nuts. At least they have SOME nutritional value.

Ken & Lynette came over tonight. They gave Jess money. Glad I got gift certificates from her for them. Lynette said something about how she didn't know how much was on the gift card she got me for the same restaurant (she likes Ruby Tuesday) so I asked her to hold onto the ones she was going to give me and we'd all go out. We decided we'd go on Sat. so that Jess can be with us. I already know that I'll have the salmon.

Well, Sunday is the last of the holiday parties that I need to give. Really, the only reason I'm doing this is because Denise was going to be here that weekend so I invited people, bought food, etc. Now she's not coming and I really don't feel like doing it, but I will because Jess is here to help and because other people have already committed.

Ken & Lynette just left (they have to work tomorrow) and Jess went to WalMart to get "female things". Seems the "things" I have aren't her brand. Well, in that way she isn't like me. I'd use someone else's so that would save me money. But oh well..

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Lazy day today although I did a little cleaning up in the barn and garden shed. I am teaching water exercise tomorrow. the regular teacher is in Texas for her DGS's wedding. My word for 2020 is "pause". I need to take a moment before making decisions on what to eat or do to think if it is the right thing for me. I am looking forward to getting back into a routine.

Karen - Glad Olivia is doing better. love that smile.

Pip - Are you moving to CA to be closer to family? How will moving from a state with no state income tax to one with state income tax affect your retirement income? We were glad to not have that complication when we moved to WA. Glad Yogi is doing well being an only.

Janetr - Wow is all I can say. It seems when it rains it pours. Sending you blessings to see you through.

Everyone take care and have a blessed year, Sue in WA

yes, to be closer to family, , Kirby doesn't worry about it. we are both from states that had state tax, he is from Indiana and I'm from California. he's not worried about it. e has factored that in our retirement.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    I think I lost an earlier post.

I leave our outside decorations until end of Januay to brighten the long winter here. Inside I will start in about a week. I am inviting friends over this week to share my deocorations. It is too hectic in December for me and them. After I have my friends over I will start to take them down. I finish up on Martin Luther King weekend.

My words for 2020 are to simplify and to be kind.

:heart: Margaret
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Good evening everyone! Now that the holidays are over we can ALL get back on track. I am going over to the health & wellness center tomorrow to sign up for the next 3 months. We shall see if I go there 6 days a week. They even have an indoor swimming pool. Lot of money to dish out. I have not made any lists or special words. Till next time.
    Marianne in WV.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Maritill wrote: »
    Good evening everyone! Now that the holidays are over we can ALL get back on track. I am going over to the health & wellness center tomorrow to sign up for the next 3 months. We shall see if I go there 6 days a week. They even have an indoor swimming pool. Lot of money to dish out. I have not made any lists or special words. Till next time.
    Marianne in WV.

Good for you signing up for the fitness centre!

However, the holidays aren't over yet! I don't go back to work till Monday. :)

Machka in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Happy New Year everyone Thanks BARBIE for the link.

Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Kate UK - How was your Spanish Christmas? B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx